Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Issue Italics on Mobile

Prythian

Meteorite
Hi! I wasn't sure if this was an issue that has been brought up yet or if it is solely my own problem with my device, but I've been having this weird glitch when it comes to using italics while writing on mobile. Basically, I'll select the italics button, type whatever text I want to modify, and when I unselect it, the text will revert back to normal.

This happens to me. What I do is continue to write a few sentences, then go back and highlight it/put the italics on it and it usually ends up working.

Me too. I assumed it was just PMs being finicky since any sane person mains a computer to write. I gave up on trying to use italics because selecting the text I want to be italic is so touchy.

These issues are core to the software that the servers are running on. When Vekseid upgraded the servers this became an issue and there's basically nothing he can do about it beyond complain to the company directly.

I used to write from mobile all the time. Now I've completely given up on sending any message that requires formatting from any device other than a desktop.

These issues are core to the software that the servers are running on. When Vekseid upgraded the servers this became an issue and there's basically nothing he can do about it beyond complain to the company directly.

I used to write from mobile all the time. Now I've completely given up on sending any message that requires formatting from any device other than a desktop.

The issues with the Froala editor on mobile were supposed to be fixed, but obviously not all of them were. The bug with bold/italics/etc. resetting may be my own fault, or it may be Xenforo's, but at least it isn't on Froala's end this time. I will need to investigate further. The bug with underline on mobile is Froala's.

That said, it will at least let you format after the fact now, which was essentially impossible before.

I will continue yelling at them.

The current situation appears to be my responsibility.

As it's broken on my 'clean' dev installation I am a bit at a loss at the moment, but I'll dig into it.

Sorry, I didn't mean to spread any misinformation. Was just trying to pass on what I thought I knew about the situation. As always I appreciate all your hard work keeping the site going.

Not a problem. Take your time :)
This should, finally, be fixed?

Sorry, I didn't mean to spread any misinformation. Was just trying to pass on what I thought I knew about the situation. As always I appreciate all your hard work keeping the site going.
To be utterly clear I am still pissed at Xenforo about them putting up with this. Or maybe they didn't... all the same, it was quite distressing.

Italics and such are working fine for me now. Coloring text on mobile is still all but impossible having some issues for me but I'm happy to see whatever progress we can get back towards full functionality.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom