Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

/Decode me/ Shori and YukiBlue

YukiBlue

Star
Frances looked down the hall, looking for the next patient. He wasn't sure of when he was going to be brought. Just looking down the hall made him feel a bit ill. He hated the smell of the hospital. The smell of everything just made his skin crawl. He didn't know what was worse. The smell or the new doctor. Dr. Carlisle made him nervous. It was like he knew something. Frances knew he didn't know. But it still didn't help at all. He felt like Carlisle was looking right through him. He hated that feeling. Looking at the nurse in the hall, he frowned.

"Where is Mr. Johns? I don't have time to wait. I have two more people who I have to see still."

The nurse rushed around, running down the hall to see what was going on. Turning back to the room, Frances began to pace. He grew very weary at this time of day. Looking at his pocket watch, he noticed that he still had eight more hours before his shift was over. Groaning, he looked at the nurse's station. There was a stack of files sitting there. Cursing under his breath, he yelled down the hall.

"Sometime today, Nurse McNeary!" He walked over to the station and flipped through the files. Six of them belonged to him. The other six belonged to Dr. Carlisle.

'Damn. I have to work with him again tonight?!' He thought.
'If that man keeps looking at me that way.. I may scream. I'm getting tired of having to dodge questions with him If I didn't know anybetter I would swear he knew I was a...'

His thoughts were interrupted by Nurse McNeary walking down the hall, with Mr. Johns in his wheelchair. Putting on a smile, he greeted the old man.

"How are you feeling today, Mr. Johns?" He said, sounding as chipper as he could.

"I'm fine. A bit of pain in my side again." The old man said softly. He was always so soft spoken around Frances. He never would understand the old man.

"Alright well, lets step into the room and I'll take a look at you." He said.

Carlisle threw open the doors before him and strutted into the hospital room with a air of confidence and reassurance around him. Brushing a pale hand through his yellow blond hair, he stopped and looked at those around him. He couldn't help the feeling of pity that filled him as his eyes landed on the sick and injured humans that were being attended to or just waited to be attended to. All of them seemed so frail in comparison to himself. Just one single ill fated step and their lives could be snuffed out forever. But things were different for him. He would not die and he would not grow old. Why do you ask? Because it was harder to kill a person that has already died once before. Yes, he could die, but the possibility of this was almost non-existent. He was to live forever with his immortal self. Though this wasn't a completely horrible prospect, the thought of being alone for that long was almost daunting.

Turning his attention back to what he was suppose to be doing, Carlisle flashed a brief smile to those he passed as he made his way to the nurses station and picked up his own file of patients. Scanning through all of the paper work swiftly, yet at a human rate, Carlisle snapped the file shut and couldn't help but feel a little relieved. But this relief wasn't because he didn't want to work. It was because their were so few people that need his attention. Though he did find humans frail, he also found that he felt compassion for them. Then again, it was hard to find anything that he didn't feel compassion for. But this was mainly because his compassion was heightened after he had became what he was now. Either way, the lease people needed the attention of a doctor, the better. Or, at least that's how he felt.

Deciding to attend to the one that needed his attention most, Carlisle tucking the file in between his arm and his body and turned to a nurse and cleared his throat to get her attention. Once he had it, he unconsciously flashed her a kindly smile and said, "Will you get me Mr. Jamesin please?" He couldn't help but noticed the slight blush that came to her face as she nodded her head swiftly and ran off to do his bidding. He didn't believe that she would have reacted in such a way if she knew what he truly was, but he would make sure that no one would find out that bit of information. It was his greatest secret and he would held if forever.

Slipping his file back into place, Carlisle waited for the nurses return, but he didn't have to wait to long. With in moments, the nurse had returned to him, pushing the over-sized man that was to be his patient in his own wheelchair. Looking his patient over with swift critical golden eyes and using the humans own scent against him, Carlisle quickly took notice of everything about the person before him. Though the file had told him everything he had need to know about the man, he didn't need it to tell him what was wrong with the man before him. His breath was labored and his skin was slowly starting to turn a purple color from lack of breath. He could sense the blood pumping at a unnatural speed with in the mans body as it rushed to try and get more oxygen to parts of his body and failed. The file had said that he was having a allergic reaction, but Carlisle knew better by this point.

"This isn't a extreme allergic reaction! His throat is filled and clogged with mucus!"

Alarm flashed in his eyes as he pushed the nurse to the side as gently as possible and rushed the patient into the nearest room. Though he could see that it was already occupied, his patient was what was important at the moment. "Excuse me," was the only thing that Carlisle said as he pushed his patient to a unoccupied area of the room and rushed over to a table with various tools upon it. Swiftly picking up a empty syringe and a large hollow needle, Carlisle attached the needle to the syringe and pulled the pump out of the syringe. Returning to his patient with tools in hand, Carlisle pulled his patients clothing away from his throat and thrust the needle deep into a safe place of the human's throat. Almost instantly a cross between mucus and blood started to flood out of the small hole that the needle had created. Thinking fast, Carlisle took of his doctor's coat and threw it over the lap of the man to catch the blood and mucus. Though human blood would have driven anyone else of his kind crazy, it didn't seem to bother Carlisle at all as he watched and waited for the blood to be free of mucus.

Deciding to turn his attention to the others that he had disturbed, without looking away from his patient, Carlisle finally realized who's room he had barged into. Frances. He could recognize that feminine scent anywhere and there was no doubt in his mind that it was the one that had just as big of a secret as him. "Frances, I need a type AB blood transfusion now! Will you help me please?" Carlisle said as he continued to watch his patient with unwavering golden eyes. Depending upon how much blood the man lost, while he tried to get the mucus out of the man's throat, he didn't know if he would need it, but he would rather be safe then sorry. He felt sorry for interrupting Frances' work, but he had a feeling that he could truest the young woman to help him.

Frances was not sure how to react to Dr. Carlisle running into the room. Turning to his patient, he grabbed the nearest gauze pads, tossing them to Carlisle. Grabbing a couple for himself, he took a deep breath. Blood. The one thing about this job that he couldn't take well.

"Stop the bleeding first. You got all of it out. If he continues to bleed, he'll go into shock. You should have waited a moment longer and called for me. This was done far too fast. Nurse!" he half yelled out the door.

Turning to his patient, he looked to the nurse who was standing with him. Smiling lightly to the older man, he couldn't help but try to lighten the moment.
"You'll have to excuse Doctor Cullen. He likes to take care of issues quickly. Please, there is an empty room next door. I'll be with you in just a few moments."

As a light shiver ran down his spine, he shook himself steady. He had never been able to hold himself together when it came down to blood. It had always made things so hard for him to think. He pushed the thoughts from his mind as he took in a calming breath. Moving quickly, he grabbed a tray, dragging it with him.

Rushing over, he pushed lightly on Carlisle's shoulder, trying to move the man to the side, his hand slipped. As his hand brushed Carlisle's neck, he got a nasty chill down his spine. He was cold as death himself! He shook himself. He couldn't have been that cold. The hospital was a bit chilly but it wasn't bad enough for some one to be that cold. Pushing his hair out of his eyes, he pushed the folded piece of gauze against the hole. Looking back to the door where the nurse stood, he barked an order at her.

"Four packets of AB now!" He said, more anger in his voice than normal. He wanted to get the blood over with. The faster it was gone, the better off they were.

Looking up into Carlisle's golden eyes, he felt himself get sucked in. If it hadn't been for his strict catholic upbringing, he would have sworn he was an incubus. It was like the man had a strange hold on him. It was bothering Frances. He would never understand how he could work so hard at not being a woman that he still couldn't get rid of the hormones. He doubted he ever would. He'd been working at the hospital for half a year when Carlisle first came. It had been a little over a year from then, and still Frances couldn't feel comfortable around him. He was attractive, frighteningly so. He was kind, loving, even to his patients. His co-workers were in awe and his superiors were impressed.

Frances snapped out of his trance. Grabbing Carlisle's hand, he replace his hand holding the gauze with Carlisle's. Moving swiftly, he grabbed an anti-biotic from the cabinet. Taking one of the small syringes, he pushed the needle into the glass container. Flicking it lightly, he stuck it into the man's arm. He seemed to be fine. A little pale, but that was to be expected. Moving to the door, he looked out. The nurse was finally there with the blood. Turning to Carlisle, he smiled.

"Good thing I was in here, right?" he had a slight laughing tone to his voice, any normal person would think that he was making a joke. In all actuality, he was trying to cover his discomfort. It wasn't something he was used to. The man made him fell like he was an open book. Nodding to Carlisle, he smiled.

"If it's alright now, I'll return to my patient. Call for me if you need my help again?" He said with a slight smirk.

Walking quickly, he noted that the nurse was already helping the patient. Nodding to the woman, he smiled. She knew how to forge his signature. Frances took a exhaled quickly, not realizing he had been holding his breath. Taking a quick left, he walked into an empty room. Putting his hands on the counter, he tried his hardest to hold back the tears. The blood was beginning to get to him. That was bad. He needed to talk to someone about it. Frances had no friends to speak of. He got along well with a couple of the nurses but he could never really be friends with them, not without making people think the wrong things. Looking to the floor, he made up his mind. He would try talking to Carlisle. It was the only choice he had left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Frances walked to the office. He had nothing better to do. the hospital was damn near empty at this hour. Moving into the room, he shut the door, locking it behind him. Reaching up, he pulled his wig off. Shaking his head, he reached inside of his shirt, pulling loose the bindings.

Frances smiled softly. This was the only place in the whole hospital she could be female with out getting caught. Walking over to the small table sitting there, she flipped on the small record player. Taking a deep breath, she set the needle on the record. Taking a seat in the only chair in the room, she put her feet up on the desk. As the smooth jazz began to take over the room, she sang softly with the song on the record.

"Now you say you're lonely
You cry the whole night through
Well you can Cry me a river
Cry me a river
I cried a river over you.

Now you say you're sorry
For being so untrue
Well you can cry me a river
cry me a river
I cried a river over you

You drove me
Nearly drove me out of my head
While you never shed a tear
Remember, I remember all that you said
Told me love was too plebeian
Told me you were through with me and
Now you say you love me
Well, just to prove you do
Come on and cry me a river, cry me a river
I cried a river over you

I cried a river over you
I cried a river over you
I cried a river over you"

Leaning back in the chair, she waited till the needle stopped. Closing her eyes for a moment, she thought about the fact that it was her, Doctor Cullen, two other doctors, and six nurses in the hospital at the moment. Looking at the ceiling, she smiled. Now would be the best time for her to talk to the seemingly elusive Doctor Cullen. Maybe it was time she let someone in on her little secret. Her only concern was him telling someone. She was sure that man wouldn't give it away. She hoped. That was all she could do at this point. He was one of the only understanding doctors in the whole hospital. Leaning forward, she pulled her hair back and securing it, before putting her wig back on. Slipping her hands under her shirt, she tightened the fabric back up, tucking her shirt back in before turning to the door. As she walked to the door, she remembered the record. Unlocking the door, she pulled the needle off the record before turning it off. Turning back around she opened the door, hoping, no, praying for the best.

Back
Top Bottom