Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Do YOU believe in the paranormal??

Have ever experienced something paranormal?

• Yes

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I'm not sure...

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

Archmagos Issac

Sir Ser Issac of Clarke of Chad the II
So recently I have been listening to a podcast that covers the paranormal. Everything from conversing with the dead to encountering shifts in time you can't explain. I have always been a believer of the paranormal as I believe there are a great many things that science still can't explain. Not to mention that the paranormal injects a bit of mystery and wonder into a world that is constantly getting smaller and more mundane.

So I ask YOU fellow visitor, do you believe in the paranormal? If you do, have you experienced anything you want to share? If you don't, why exactly don't you?

I implore that folks respect the views and experiences of others. We're all entitled to our beliefs and for some folks this stuff is very real to them

No. I'm a skeptic. I withhold belief in things until we have solid evidence and proof and even then, it's a conditional fact as theories are meant to be altered and changed when better evidence is presented. I'm open to our understanding of the world opening up to include more than we have right now but I don't think the supernatural/paranormal is possible because there's no good definition for it and the claims are often unfalsifiable. Once you explain something supernatural... hasn't it then become defined by science and reality?

I'm the type of person who doesn't take "I don't know what that was and there is no way to test/verify it" as a good reason to say "It must be ___!" (ghost, vampire, alien, god, etc.) You're supposed to withhold conclusions until you have evidence, not jump to conclusions based on an absence of evidence(I didn't see where the figure went, I have no idea who they were or if they were really there, who was making that noise, etc.). Calling something a ghost or monster or whatever shuts down any further explanation or exploration of what it might actually be and is an example of people closing their minds, imo.

Yes, totally believe in the supernatural. Had a lot of "close" encounters with ghosts. Just the other day, I and a bunch of other people stuck in traffic thought we saw a UFO. We were stuck at a stoplight when some gigantic (and I mean large enough to cover four lanes of the street) disc-shaped shadow swept down the road. There was a woosh of air that rattled by windshield for a moment, too. Everyone was sticking their heads out of the car to see what it was but whatever was casting the shadow wasn't there. The sky was cloudless, there was nothing, not even an airplane that could have blocked the sun that way.

I can see why one would be skeptical, Lord knows some of the stories you hear can be a bit out there sometimes. Things like ghosts and the like are a hard thing to prove and even when proof is brought forth it can be shaky at best

Oooo really weird. Not often that you have an occurrence that multiple people see all at the same time. I like those stories because of that reason: multiple eyewitnesses. I saw a UFO once while riding with my Granddad through Florida one night. Whatever flew over the car had been at least 2 or 3 car lanes wide. Might have been a plane or something but it was so damn quiet and so damn close.

Here's my take on it:
* you cannot prove to me that the Paranormal DOES exist;
* I cannot prove to you that the Paranormal does NOT exist.

My understanding of the intricate workings of the universe is insufficient to be able to give a more-qualified answer. It's entirely possible that there is another realm of existence, and that our limited human senses and technology are incapable of grasping this other realm.

I am very open to it and I would say I am more a believer than a disbeliever. I have experienced things that are just odd, felt things for no good reason. I used to work security and sometimes I just couldn't bring myself to go to certain places, like a force or something was stopping me. One afternoon with daylight still streaming in the windows I felt actually "blocked" in terms of walking forward in an old building and I had to back track.

I have heard stories from other guards as well about various buildings. We have one old building down here where there is a resident ghost, a little girl. They never tell new guards about her yet often they all end up seeing her and describe her the same way. I think there is more about this world than what we can see.

Very much so, especially since I had plenty of unexplained things happen in my life. My stance on ghosts is here, but I'm still open minded that the paranormal could just be something we can't explain yet, but possibly one day could.

That is my general stance on the paranormal as a whole. I can't explain how quantum physics works but that doesn't make it a fantasy, it just means I don't have the math

Back
Top Bottom