Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Your favorite TV show?

Adin

Moon
Title says it all. Just curious to see what type of shows people on here are addicted too!
Currently binge watching Trailer Park Boys for the 3rd time, and just finished The Office for the 22,345th time.
Also Ratched is a VERY VERY good show with a bunch of twists, you can't ever really expect what happens next, or what twist is coming!

(Also I would love for some recommendations! i'm big into dumb dry and raunchy humor, stuff like The Office and Parks and Rec. And i like a good show that builds up suspense.)

Haven't really gotten into a TV show for a while now. I did really like the original UK Life on Mars and it's spin off Ashes to Ashes. I liked Misfits as well although when they started losing main cast members it got a little meh. For some reason I liked One Tree Hill, which I know is old but I only saw it about a year ago for the first time.

I couldn't finish the Office because I hated Pam and Jim together so much; if they cut out the cheating/romance drama and made more room for Micheal and Dwight humor, I probably could've kept going.

I catch myself rewatching entire seasons of South Park every month or so.

if they cut out the cheating/romance drama...

Thank you. I used to rewatch The Office all the time too. All of the cheating jokes/storylines made me so so so uncomfortable though (especially since I have immense trauma associated with adultery), that I'd just feel... bad for watching it. So.. I stopped. And I don't regret it.

Parks and Rec is much better imo.

My favorite TV shows would have to be Trollhunters/3below/Wizards (all of them together because they're connected storyline-wise), The Good Place, and Parks and Rec.

Dang i need to catch up on trollhunter and 3 below before i watch wizard

Also the office is an amazing series

Favorites of:
Political dramas: Madame Secretary and The West Wing (honorable mention: Designated Survivor)
Police shows: The Wire and BOSCH (honorable mention: CSI & Longmire)
Medical shows: ER and Nurse Jackie (honorable mention: House)
Sci-fi shows: Quantum Leap & The Expanse (honorable mention: Babylon 5 & Person of Interest -it's kinda sci-fi)
Comedies: Becker and Night Court (honorable mention: Wings)
Fantasy shows: Game of Thrones and The Boys
Historical shows: Rome and The Crown
Mini-series: The Night Manager and Chernobyl
Cartoons: WB catalog for old Saturday morning cartoons and Family Guy

Additional honorable mentions: The Good Wife, The Good Fight, Deadwood, White Collar, Dexter, Banshee, Alpha House, Goliath, Succession, Ballers.

I'm sure I'm missing a few I'd call excellent, but these all have grabbed my attention all of the way through. Yes, even that one with the widely regarded shitty 8th season.

I'm gonna have to say it's between the Netflix Marvel/Defenders series and Mr. Robot. I really did like the most recent Tick series, but unfortunately it was cancelled...

I have a few, dunno if I mentioned them:

Political Drama : The Good Wife
Comedy : Malcolm In The Middle
Thriller : Breaking Bad
Sci-Fi : The X-Files
Plain Ol' Weird : Twin Peaks
Animated (Western) : Adventure Time, South Park and Over The Garden Wall

Those are the ones that come to mind.

I have a few, dunno if I mentioned them:

Political Drama : The Good Wife
Comedy : Malcolm In The Middle
Thriller : Breaking Bad
Sci-Fi : The X-Files
Plain Ol' Weird : Twin Peaks
Animated (Western) : Adventure Time, South Park and Over The Garden Wall

Those are the ones that come to mind.
I like this format.

Procedural Drama: Psych
Superhero: Defenders (including Daredevil, Jessica Jones, etc)
Comedy: The Tick
Thriller: Stranger Things
Sci-Fi: Farscape
Plain Ol' Wierd: Definately Twin Peaks
Animated: Arcane

I like this format.

Procedural Drama: Psych
Superhero: Defenders (including Daredevil, Jessica Jones, etc)
Comedy: The Tick
Thriller: Stranger Things
Sci-Fi: Farscape
Plain Ol' Wierd: Definately Twin Peaks
Animated: Arcane
Daredevil is a amazing series

I like the boys, dc tv (not doom patrol), spiderman, smallville and anime

I could list 10 shows easily, but if I had to pick just one, I'd go with Babylon Berlin. I love the characters, the mysteries, and the style of that era.

Honestly I've been really enjoying the new star wars series.

B99 is a guilty pleasure though. Love the story and characters <3

Dr Who. Before they turned him female. Matt Smith has so many good moments. David might have had a dark moment or two, but when Matt Smith gets serious he's fury itself.

"A good man needs rules. Today is not the day to find out why I need so many." As a monster myself I can understand this. Even Batman would say we're all monsters.

David's scene with the gun against the time lords and the master is also pretty good. How they're debating then teaming up against them. Well, the master debates. David more struggles to decide. Dr Who isn't perfect. He doesn't try to be. He's flawed. There are times he's not a nice, kind good person. There are times people knock him off his high horse. And that's what makes him so "human". He doesn't always save the day. He messes up. Makes mistakes. That's what new star wars films lose sight of. Vader struggled. Luke did. Things sunk in and got under their skin. Without that there's no character development.

Clone wars had yoda accepting his darker side too. "Balance". Not pretending turning your back makes it go away. Either you learn to accept something, or your fear of it will control you. Coexist or be consumed. Clone wars in a whole is neat, but that one scene says a lot. To no longer run from yourself. to accept it. Embrace it. The worst of it, not just the best. And Luke? Vader saves him not to be a "good" person. But because Luke actually thought "of" Vader. Consideration. Luke challenged Vader and knew exactly how to get under his skin. In a honest way. "Then my father is truely dead." stung more then any physical blow. And it's shown clearly how Vader ponders it right after. Subtle story telling at it's finest.

This one's a game, but it's good at character building. The Devil May Cry games with Dante and Virgil. Nero (Virgil's son) is basically Luke. Virgil would be like Vader. Dante is, well, Dante. Charging in blind, making demands. It was Nero that thought "of" Virgil. Sure, you can have good intentions. Try to "stop" people or kill them out of fear. But does that actually work or does it only continue the cycle of destruction? Nero went "Nope. Stop this fighting" and kicked them both up the ass. Not to "have his way". Not out of fear. But to find other ways to settles thier differences. Technically he had to fight Virgil, but Virgil's heart wasn't in the fight. He knew he'd been beaten by Nero's logic already. He just wanted to make a stand and test Nero's worth. That he will act on his words instead of being all talk. There's also a lot of other details tying in together (like how Virgil fights to protect, even back as far as DMC3) but if I get into all that this post will be longer then it already is. It's just one of those games that does the "subtle story telling". Being flashy only works when things tie in together. For a game series focused on action, it does a pretty good job and has better story then many games that try to focus on it. Struggles. Falls. Getting right back up again. My fav scene is how Virgil actually pushes Dante back for his own safety. Despite having been nearly killed after being broken. Despite the fact Dante was about to kill Virgil, Virgil pushes Dante back when he could have very easily killed him. It says a lot about his strength of character. As he says "Killing you like this has no meaning." So compare this to Vader and consider what was Vader's meaning in his killings. I think Vader actually served as some inspiration for Virgil, since both characters focus on slow deliberate movements and honesty with being upfront and making others aware of the situation they're in. I'm also pretty sure dragon Ball Z did as well. Dante is basically Goku. Virgil is Vegeta. And Nero is Trunks. Hell, Arkham in Devil May Cry 3 could even pass for Cell. Trying to be a god. Seeking perfection. The whole hunt for the sparda sword is basically hunting dragonballs. Ah well, long as the formula works.

Back
Top Bottom