Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Question Is it possible to change a partner in a forum roleplay?

kaoruKitten

Planetoid
Please bear with me here, I am kind of new to the forums here. Most of my shenanigans have been in Pm so far, but I would really like to try this idea where I change partners throughout the story in a public forum. I was wondering if it was possible for me to run a roleplay where I am writing the core character and my partner changes throughout the story?

I mentioned in the beginning that the idea that I had would mean that my character would have a different person playing against them each day or so in the story (if I can find that many willing partners lol).
  • I have noticed that even in a 1x1 forum roleplay there is a reply box at the bottom, can anyone reply?
  • Even though this would essentially be 1x1, + 1x1, 1x1 etc story, would it be better in another section? Group, or open, etc?
I look forward to any advice on this. Once I know if it is or isn't possible I was planning on searching for partners. I really hope that I don't have the cart before the horse here lol.

Yes, there are system and group roleplays. You would essentially GM it and bring people in and remove them as needed. You should see the Group and System RP forums at the bottom of the RP section.

Thanks for the response @A_thorny_prose I had a look at both the Group and System Rp as you pointed out. Unfortunately both state in their rules that you need a minimum of three to start a group/system RP. Not sure how that works in practice, but I will look into it further.

Thank you for your help 😄

If you are looking to write with only one at a time, never with any partner overlap, then you would write in the 1v1. With your story continuing where your last partner left off, you would could just create a new thread with the same title, but then have the updated partners in the new title.

My Story (kaoruKitten & JohnQ)
My Story pt 2 (kaoruKitten & ShawnQ)

You could just link the previous story's thread into the beginning of your new one for easy reference.

That sounds like a perfect solution. And here I was thinking of starting an alt account to be the third person in a group.... (the mods probably wouldn't like that one tbh lol)

Thank you so much for all your advice ☺️

I'd say it's very much possible, I'm not entirely sure how likely it is though. I can only speak for myself, but being a small part of somebody else's story then being removed sounds a little unappealing. Please let me know how it goes, I'm sure there are some who love the idea!

Thanks @Staine It's not so much being removed from the story, but more a collaboration. Perhaps I have been explaining it poorly. I wouldn't have any problem with players returning either.
So far the responses have been mixed. I have always realised it could be difficult, but that's not a reason not to try lol

If it's more like a revolving door, at least with some players/characters, then it could very well qualify for a group RP so long as three people agree to bump their heads together to start! (Spoiler alert: if you decide to go that route, you already have one of the two others you need: me!)

Back
Top Bottom