Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Issue "Your password is known to be compromised"

The Quill

Insert Witty Custom Title Here
So I got the following notification when I logged in this morning:

"Your password is known to be compromised on at least 395 other accounts. It is recommended to change your password."

What happened and did anyone else get this? I've never seen this happen before and I certainly do not have 395 accounts.

I changed my password out of caution, but this seems concerning given yesterday's events.

Hey everyone (who happens to read this)...

This is an issue Staff is aware of and are currently looking in to. Standby for updates as they are available 💚

10/4. I've contacted the site owner, so hopefully we'll get some concrete answers soon 😁

I upgraded parts of the software last night, it now checks known compromised lists when you log in.

If it says '355 accounts', it means (likely) multiple people were using your password on other sites, and those sites got compromised somewhere along the way.

I highly recommend using passphrases rather than typical passwords.

I've had that before. I used to have the same password for several accounts like this because its easy to remember, but I did have a data breach on a rather important site that didn't use that password, so now I use a password randomizer from Random.org and generate a new password when I get the notification and have a secure wallet to keep them in.

Back
Top Bottom