Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fight to the End (PoisonousIvee/Mr.Aznable)

PoisonousIvee

Cluster
Nim'ahan followed closely behind her husband, trying to look brave despite her shaking. They were walking straight into the lair of a Hutt, and not just any Hutt. It was none other than Jabba himself. He was the worst of all of them, she had heard stories stretching farther out than she could think the Hutt even had grasp. She gripped Ja'rin's hand, unable to see his expression with his hood up, and she forced down her shakes as much as she could. He didn't need to know she was scared, that was more stress than he needed. They were stopped by the guard, who didn't let him pass at first before Jabba chortled at them in Huttese to let Ja'rin and Nim'ahan through.
"I'm glad to see you had received my summons," Jabba remarked amusedly, "It would be rather foolish of you to ignore such an invitation." Nima tried not to look at him, in fact shuffling more behind Ja'rin as much as she could. She was well aware of what the Hutt's did to her people, and she wasn't too keen on becoming a Hutt slave. She squeezed Ja'rin's hand gently, as if to silently ask if this was the right thing to do. They both knew better, was it wise to entertain him?

Ja'rin swallowed a bit. "Well.. I'm glad to be considered for the job, I've run a few bounties for you, but.. this seemed a bit more personal than another bounty.." he said.

Jabba chuckled, his eyes never leaving Ja'rin for a moment.
"You've done good work in the past, and I prefer someone who gets the job done with little argument." He stated, "I want to hire you."

He nearly fell over, but stayed still, never breaking eye contact. "Hire me? Is there an opening?" He asked. He acknowledged Nima, squeezing her hand gently.

"A former gun I had recently met a rather untimely end. His spot is now yours." His eyes moved to Nima, "If not, I certainly have work for your Twi'lek. She would be an excellent fit." Nima tried not to shiver, keeping her mouth shut as she held Ja'rin's hand tighter.

"No no, I think.. I'm up for the job. One question, however.. can I have his ship?" He asked.

Jabba made a noise, as if genuinely mulling it over. "It was going to be scraped anyway. It is yours." He said, "A pleasure doing business. Though, if you change your mind about your Twi, I do need a new dancer." He added before licking his lips.

He laughed a bit. "I know, I know.. I think I'll hold onto her though." He said. He moved out to the landing yard and looked around before spotting the ship and a grin lit up his face. "There she is, Nima, our new start off of this rock." And well, it was.. certainly something. An older YT model freighter, heavily modified for speed and firepower. Still, it was certainly not the prettiest ship she'd ever seen

She smiled softly, it could have been falling apart at the seams and she wouldn't have cared much, "I wonder how well it runs.." She mused.

"Well enough to get us off this rock, you think?" He asked, smiling. They walked up the boarding ramp, and Ja'rin spent hours looking over the new ship, looking for anyrhing that needed to be fixed. The name plate read "Longest Yard", and he couldn't help but smile.

"Huh? Oh, sorry.. she's called the Longest Yard.. I like it.. long haul freighter, and all.." he said. "I think, besides rations and maybe some ammo, she's good to go.."

She flushed softly, "A-Ah...right.." She muttered. She didn't want to be here any longer than they needed.

Ja'rin made his way down the boarding ramp, and soon enough, droid servants accompanied him back up, refueling the hyperdrive and the ship, refilling the tabana gas reserves, and stocking out their food. "Well, we have our first job.. some small governor is trying to say he doesn't owe the Hutts any money.. records show it was the Hutts that paid to put him in office..'

He smiled. "Well, like it or not, it's paying for us to eat, and keeping me out of imperial eyes.."

She smiled before turning to the navi controls, "I know. Still, though, I worry. You aren't a jedi anymore but they want you real bad like you're still in the Order."

He smiled and nodded as he moved to pull the Longest Yard into the air, and then slowly into orbit before punching in the hyperspace coordinates, and engaging the Hyperdrive.

Back
Top Bottom