Mind control and manipulation from a cursed ring

Hello Blue Moon!

So this is an RP I've wanted to try out for a long time, I had the idea a long time ago and it never got off the ground. Think the lord of the rings, the one ring of power slowly corrupts and alters the minds of those who wear it and keep it on their person. I want to play out an rp with a relatively grounded personality being manipulated and tempted by a magical artifact. I'd be the DM or GM for our little world, I'd play as the magical artifact and we can discuss who we want to play as. When I say grounded I don't mean your character has to be dainty or weak but I'd like to feel they're not a cartoon with supernatural abilities (Be that emotional, mental, physical or otherwise).

I want us to love the characters and make it difficult when the horrors have to happen.

There will be character death. If that turns you off and you're here just to relax or have fun, I totally get that. Do what makes you happy. I wanted to get that out of the way, characters will die and it can happen unexpectedly at any moment or it can be drawn out and slow paced till they finally bite the bullet. DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA!!

How the object manipulates you is very up for discussion. Full on control without any memory for the user could work. Slow manipulation until the user changes their beliefs and becomes more and more evil, sounds like fun. Corruption of the soul where there are multiple personalities now in YC head and they are fighting for control?

In the end the magical artifact will want something, I'm not sure what they'll want but the mystery should always be at play.

As for the setting! It can be anything really.

Modern day
Fantasy
Futuristic Dystopia
Cave man times

I don't mind what setting. I think having a beautiful peaceful setting would be a great contrast for this darker tone too. We could go for an already dark and twisted world that's only made more difficult by the presence of some evil entity lurking in the shadows.

If any of this interests you please message me! I'll be bumping and updating this RT until I get a good partner :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom