Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

(Interest Check) Classic Monsters, Pulp Sci-Fi, and Old-School Horror

I've always been a fan of classic old-timey monster movies, horror flicks, and B-Movies. To be more specific, I'm a sucker for vintage horror in the vein of Universal Monsters, Hammer Horror, and the sci-fi B-Movies of the 1950's and 1960's.

So, I've been brainstorming ideas for a group RP that would draw from the classic monsters and horror tropes of the era, as well as the retro pop culture of the 1950's and 1960's (or period pieces set in that era like Happy Days, Grease, Mafia II, and The Outsiders)

It would be mostly story-focused but sex would be allowed and the catch would be that there would be a list of either specific characters or basic archetypes for players to chose from.

Here's just a few of the character archetypes you could either play as or encounter as NPC's plus the old-school movies, TV, comics, and books that epitomized them...

Vampire (Dracula, 1931)
Homunculus (Frankenstein, 1931)
Revenant Pharaoh (The Mummy, 1932)
Wicked Witch (The Wizard of Oz, 1939)
Masked Vigilante (Batman, 1939)
Werewolf (The Wolf Man, 1941)
Hard Boiled Detective (The Maltese Falcon, 1941)
Masked Villain (The Phantom of the Opera, 1943)
Greaser (The Wild One, 1953)
Gill Man (The Creature From the Black Lagoon, 1954)
Teen Daredevil (Rebel Without A Cause, 1955)
Alien Invader (Plan 9 From Outer Space, 1959)
Serial Killer (Psycho, 1960)
Hippie (The Trip, 1967)
Zombies (Night of the Living Dead, 1968)
Mafioso (The Godfather, 1972)
Cultist (The Wicker Man, 1973)
Punk Vigilante (Taxi Driver, 1976)
Ninja (The Octagon, 1979)

The setting would be in a fictionalized version of the United States in the late 1950's and early 1960's, focused mainly in and around the areas of New York City, New Jersey, Long Island, and some of rural Upstate New York.

Kind of a very rough draft for the concept, but might as well see if anyone's interested...

Last edited:
If it's LGBT+ friendly, I could do a Greaser or Teen Daredevil for a protagonist and a gill man or serial killer for a monster.

If it's LGBT+ friendly, I could do a Greaser or Teen Daredevil for a protagonist and a gill man or serial killer for a monster.

It'll definitely be LGBT friendly, even if it's set in the 1950's, it's a fictional take on the era.

Back
Top Bottom