Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Not Who I Expected - Sadboy & Lover

Sadboyhours

Super-Earth
A sophomore in college, a part-time cashier- Jason had a few small titles. ‘Lonely and touch-starved’ was another; it was also the one most pertinent to what had made him decide to actually stick with a dating app for once. Usually he just kept it for a day or two to scroll through, and he’d maybe respond once or twice before thinking it just wasn’t for him, that maybe he would meet someone at school or at work. He never did. He had a roommate that he was decent friends with, he had actual friends, but he just wasn’t a date-y person. He couldn’t just…meet someone and agree to a date if he didn’t know them, and thus he never went out.

So it became that the app was his only choice. He was able to have some kind of steamy companionship in a pen-pal sort of way, with a handful of anonymous pictures sent back and forth. He just happened to click particularly…hard? with one of the men he’d been messaging, and given the proximity settings he’d picked, they lived in the same small city.

A few weeks went by. Midterms were approaching, he was getting increasingly stressed. So was this pen pal. Jason couldn’t remember who’s idea it was to actually meet, but he’d thought that if it went well, maybe they could de -stress together, too- whether that meant a date or a little more would remain to be seen, although he didn’t think he’d skip right to bed with the person. Maybe they’d hit it off in real life and actually see each other a few times, though?

That was the plan that had brought them to agree on one of the quieter coffee shops in town, Jason dressed nicely and sipping something creamy and sweet while he waited. The young man had pulled on a nice button-up with dark jeans, his hair tousled handsomely. It curled against his cheeks with a gentle wave, and kept him looking a combination of gentlemanly and boyish.

He gnawed absently on his lower lip while his gaze focused on the ground near the entrance, periodically looking for up for sign of his visitor.

He graded the last paper then grabbed the stack of papers and placed them in his right desk drawer for safekeeping. His eyes then shifted to his wristwatch, keeping track of the time because he did have a date soon with a guy he's been chatting with online. It was a rather risky thing for him to do but nevertheless, he was going to do it anyway. After a couple more clicks on his desktop computer, where he entered everyone's grades into the system, he shut down his computer then stood up while retrieving his briefcase. His hand went over the light switch, turn off his classroom lights then continued his trek to the parking lot.

❝Hey, Professor Edward.❞ One of his female students greeted with a giggle while Edward, or Eddie as most called him, lifted his hand up to offer her a small wave in return. Eddie got inside of his vehicle then checked himself out in the rearview mirror, running his fingers through his salt and pepper hair. While he was somewhat satisfied, Eddie headed to the destination where the date was going to be taking place but both of the patrons haven't seen each other, so they'll be meeting and seeing each other for the first time ever.

It was something rather spontaneous for him to do and honestly, it felt very right during this moment. What was the worst that happen?

Eddie drove down the street where the coffee shop was located then turned one more time to park. Although he didn't park in the coffee shop parking lot but the one next to it. He mustered up the strength to go through with this then got out of his vehicle, locking it with a simple click of the button then stuffed his hands inside of his pockets. Eddie licked his lips out of a nervous habit then looked up to stare at the door that he was mere inches away from. When he got there, he exhaled a breath then reached out to open the door to the coffee shop. His mind remembered that his date was going to be sitting somewhere specific and his eyes went in that exact direction as he walked closer.

His eyes widened whenever he saw who his date was. It was one of his students and whenever he caught a brief glimpse of him, Eddie quickly turned heel to head for the door, which he pushed open then made a hurriedly walk towards his vehicle. It was probably a prank, one that he didn't think was very funny or perhaps, it was something more there. Either way, he wasn't going to stick around to find out as he reached inside of his pocket to fumble with his keys, which he dropped on the ground. He bent over to pick them up then sat down on a nearby bench with a sigh.

Eddie looked up to see Jason's figurine coming towards him. ❝What is going on here?!❞ Eddie couldn't help but question Jason loudly with a raised brow. ❝I mean, is this some kind of joke or something?❞ He continued but with a sincere tone than before while his eyes were still focused on Jason, not really allowing him to sit down anywhere near him. Eddie sat there while waiting for Jason to speak or say anything at this point. He stood up then pointed his remote in the direction of his vehicle, which unlocked it because he was prepared to walk away and forget all of this if Jason was going to say anything that he wanted to hear.

He'd been looking forward to this, and though he didn't know who to expect, the hurried way in which he watched his professor dodge out the door and scurry away after just a moment's glance told him plenty. Jason scrambled up after him before the stupor of shock could slow him down.

He was careful, minding steps and wincing in sympathy as the man grabbed up his fallen keys and slumped down on a bench. Jason lifted his hands to his chest, palms out in a gesture of goodwill. "Hey hey hey— no, no! Hey! Stop, it's not, it's not anything like that," given the older's demeanor as he sat there, Jason took it that he wasn't welcome to sit beside him quite yet. Maybe the shock would be too much and they'd just need to awkwardly finish up the semester?

Hands pushed into pockets and Jason sighed, too, leaning against the man's car. "It's not like I knew who I'd be meeting. You didn't either. Besides, tch- you think I have time to play a prank like that? What kind of piece of shit would—" he stopped himself and shook his head, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Professor Eddie, Sir, I had no idea. And I still don't! Were you supposed to be my date this evening?" He wondered carefully. "Cause all I know was I was meeting with someone real sweet, and real smart. Someone stressed that I could…maybe still buy dinner for? If he'd be okay with it…"

The student followed him, which actually made him a bit surprised. Another sigh came from him while his head went back, eyes maneuvered over to Jason now with an arched brow. ❝I've been played like this before, you know.❞ Eddie stated with the shake of his head and lowered his head to the ground beneath him then looked back at Jason. He did make some good points with his statements then shook his head while he stood up, walked over to the counterpart of the conversation while he was leaning against his vehicle, and followed suit.

❝I really don't even know what I'm supposed to believe right now.❞ He commented with a shoulder shrug then turned to look at Jason. ❝You're right though. We both didn't know what was what or who was who.❞ Eddie took a small breath before he licked his lips then playfully nudged Jason, with a soft smile forming between his lips. ❝Get out of here.❞ He said with a little laugh then wiped his hand over his mouth and nodded his head. ❝Yeah, I was supposed to be your date but I don't think it's appropriate for us to be seen in public. Someone might see.❞ Eddie stated more worried about his job than anything else.

He sighed again while his shoulders shrugged again. ❝Perhaps, I can buy you dinner?❞ Eddie asked with a raised brow, stepping in front of him now. ❝I promise that no one will see us there.❞ He mentioned while unlocking his vehicle, waiting for Jason to move before he got inside of the driver seat of his vehicle, and rolling down the window. ❝Come on and I will make it worth your while.❞

Eddie smirked a little because he'd never thought that he would be taking out a student. Especially Jason, which was actually a pretty good thing. ❝I don't want sex.❞ He started his engine then threw his hands up with a sincere look plastered on his face. ❝Come on...❞ Eddie basically sang those words with the hopes of enticing Jason to get inside of his vehicle and take him to one of the finest restaurants across town.

Back
Top Bottom