Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Issue Desktop Notifications Not Working

Goodbye

Seeya Freaks Later
Figured I'd bring this up here. I recently switched from Chrome to a different browser on multiple devices (Brave, to be precise), and while I do get notifications from the site on my phone, I don't get them for the desktop site. I've selected to receive them, and unfortunately they aren't showing as they should. I'm not sure if this is on the site's end, the browser's end, or my computer's end, but I would prefer to receive site notifications on my computer instead of my phone.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, kind internet stranger.

Hello @Jurassic Weeb!

When you are on your computer in chrome do you know if your browser is possibly blocking the notifications? You can check this here at the little lock on the address bar:

View attachment 14218

Additionally you can try to force notifications through the Privacy and security> site settings> find: Bluemoon roleplaying>scroll down to where it says notifications > toggle Allow.

Please let me know if this helped!

Hira.
I activated it on Brave desktop like you showed in the screencap, and still nothing.

It seems intermittent. Some of my notifications are not coming through, last two new introductions didn't ping me with a notification on my browser, though they did give me the red checkmark on site.

Not sure if this also ties into not receiving notifications, but I've opted in for desktop notifications several times, and despite that, I still get this.

Attachments

• BMR.png
    BMR.png
    3.4 KB · Views: 8
I've got everything from Chrome at the moment, both desktop and mobile, and I dunno if the notifications hit my phone several minutes after I read (and sometimes respond to) the stuff that pops up on the desktop side of things, or if the mobile ones arrive well before anything happens on desktop, including the site itself updating. I'm assuming it's the former, as the latter seems far-fetched, even for the shittiest technology.

Back
Top Bottom