Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What is your most anticipated game of next year?

Hello children, I'm fairly new to this place so I'm still thinking of my first RP post that I'd like to make, so instead I'll be focusing on another hobby of mine: video games.

Specifically, which game YOU are all hyped for that's coming out next year! I feel as if next year is going to be massive for video games (as long as those consoles are actually available, looking at you Sony...), and with so many awesome titles coming out in the next 16 months or so, I wanna hear your GOTY candidates, personal favourites, all that stuff!

I'll start with: God of War: Ragnarok

2018's well deserved Game of the Year (sorry RDR2, you were amazing as well though!) was something I finally got to play during the dreaded lockdown of last year, and what a ride that game was. Thrilling boss fights like Baldur and Sigrun the Valkyrie Queen, whilst having an emotional and engaging story along with fun as hell gameplay and combat mechanics, had me completely immersed for the two weeks that it took me to beat and get the Platinum. It's sequel already had me hooked but we'll probably be fighting Thor too?! It's a no brainer.

So, tell me what you guys' most anticipated game next year is!

Does it count if it's DLC? Because if so, whatever they come out with for Resident Evil 8.

Does it count if it comes out in November of this year and is an MMO expansion? If so, FFXIV Endwalker.

Since I doubt there'll be anything RDR-based coming out for a little while, if they do decide to continue that story... I don't much care about anything else. Companies I used to be invested in (Bethesda, Bioware) have disappointed me to the point I don't really trust them (and I couldn't care less about a new Elder Scroll, whether it's actually new or just another port of Skyrim) nor am I excited about anything they have to offer... and I'm just not excited in most of the popular continuations of series I never played nor want to play (Assassin's Creed, God of War, etc) or in new games that are just more medieval fantasy RPGs.

Basically, if it's not cowboys or metal-slinging werewolves or just getting to heal as the Sage, I don't really care.

Does it count if it's DLC? Because if so, whatever they come out with for Resident Evil 8.

Does it count if it comes out in November of this year and is an MMO expansion? If so, FFXIV Endwalker.

Since I doubt there'll be anything RDR-based coming out for a little while, if they do decide to continue that story... I don't much care about anything else. Companies I used to be invested in (Bethesda, Bioware) have disappointed me to the point I don't really trust them (and I couldn't care less about a new Elder Scroll, whether it's actually new or just another port of Skyrim) nor am I excited about anything they have to offer... and I'm just not excited in most of the popular continuations of series I never played nor want to play (Assassin's Creed, God of War, etc) or in new games that are just more medieval fantasy RPGs.

Basically, if it's not cowboys or metal-slinging werewolves or just getting to heal as the Sage, I don't really care.
I heard they were gonna finish the cancelled Ada Wong part of RE8 as DLC which I hope is true! I really need to play 7 and 8 too, only played the two latest REmakes.

Is FFXIV worth playing? The UI looks awful to me so that put me off.

Yeah Bethesda don't really have my confidence either, although Bioware maybe, if only they got free from EA. Bethesda's subsidaries like ID and Arcane though? Hope they continue doing their good work, and I'm really excited for Deathloop!

I heard they were gonna finish the cancelled Ada Wong part of RE8 as DLC which I hope is true! I really need to play 7 and 8 too, only played the two latest REmakes.

Is FFXIV worth playing? The UI looks awful to me so that put me off.

Yeah Bethesda don't really have my confidence either, although Bioware maybe, if only they got free from EA. Bethesda's subsidaries like ID and Arcane though? Hope they continue doing their good work, and I'm really excited for Deathloop!

Dunno who Ada Wong is and would prefer more story focusing on the Four Lords. I've only played 7, 8, and will play 9 if it's like 7 and 8. Which I think it will be, 9 is supposed to finish up the "trilogy story" that they said 7 and 8 are parts 1 and 2 of.

I like the UI so dunno. It's the only MMO I've ever stuck with. Tried WoW, hated that UI, the people I met were awful, eventually tried out FFXIV and haven't looked back. I don't tell people things are worth playing if I don't know them 'cause I just don't know what "worth" means to them.

Used to be really into Fallout, now just want someone to yoink New Vegas away from them and remaster it. Or for them to do it. That's the only Bethesda title I'll probably buy ever again, is a remaster of New Vegas. As for Bioware, dropped out of Dragon Age after the 3rd, not gonna buy the 4th, and don't care about sci-fi enough to continue with Mass Effect (and once again hated the 3rd of that too, though I actually liked Andromeda okay).

Regarding game releases in 2022, the only major ones confirmed for that date that I'm interested in are Horizon: Forbidden West, and the Dead Space remake. Horizon was a fun game that took me by surprise, and I honestly feel Dead space 1/2 are some of, if not the best action/horror games ever made. It's a terrible shame about Dead space 3, but with the DLC at least there's a sense of finality from the game so even it has its merits.

As far as FFXIV goes, there is a fairly comprehensive free trial - up to the end of the first major expansion. You'd definitely know if you vibe with it or not by then.

Dunno who Ada Wong is and would prefer more story focusing on the Four Lords. I've only played 7, 8, and will play 9 if it's like 7 and 8. Which I think it will be, 9 is supposed to finish up the "trilogy story" that they said 7 and 8 are parts 1 and 2 of.

I like the UI so dunno. It's the only MMO I've ever stuck with. Tried WoW, hated that UI, the people I met were awful, eventually tried out FFXIV and haven't looked back. I don't tell people things are worth playing if I don't know them 'cause I just don't know what "worth" means to them.

Used to be really into Fallout, now just want someone to yoink New Vegas away from them and remaster it. Or for them to do it. That's the only Bethesda title I'll probably buy ever again, is a remaster of New Vegas. As for Bioware, dropped out of Dragon Age after the 3rd, not gonna buy the 4th, and don't care about sci-fi enough to continue with Mass Effect (and once again hated the 3rd of that too, though I actually liked Andromeda okay).
Ada's one of the main RE characters you meet in RE2, RE4, and RE6. She is Leon's main love interest and was rumoured to be in RE8.

Yeah that's fair enough. MMOs aren't really my thing so I doubt I would enjoy FFXIV anyway.

I wanna try out New Vegas since it and 3 have the most acclaim to them, but I don't know if I'm ready for a long roleplaying game again after FF7 Remake took up most of my gaming time this year. Bioware... well we know how Anthem turned out but they have one last chance on Mass Effect and Dragon Age and if they fuck those up, they may as well kiss their reputation goodbye.

Regarding game releases in 2022, the only major ones confirmed for that date that I'm interested in are Horizon: Forbidden West, and the Dead Space remake. Horizon was a fun game that took me by surprise, and I honestly feel Dead space 1/2 are some of, if not the best action/horror games ever made. It's a terrible shame about Dead space 3, but with the DLC at least there's a sense of finality from the game so even it has its merits.

As far as FFXIV goes, there is a fairly comprehensive free trial - up to the end of the first major expansion. You'd definitely know if you vibe with it or not by then.
I'm extremely excited for Forbidden West too! Shame that Sony's being a bunch of idiots with the whole upgrade fiasco, I mean sure, they went back on the paying extra for THIS game but the rest are all paid upgrades, which sucks. Dead Space interests me a lot but I'm not sure if I should play the original 3 first or not.

I'm extremely excited for Forbidden West too! Shame that Sony's being a bunch of idiots with the whole upgrade fiasco, I mean sure, they went back on the paying extra for THIS game but the rest are all paid upgrades, which sucks. Dead Space interests me a lot but I'm not sure if I should play the original 3 first or not.
Regarding the original dead space series, I 100% feel the first two games are still worth playing. If you really groove with them, you can try out 3 but it was a wash for me. The games atmosphere and art design hold up and the sound design is incredible in the games. Really adds to the tension.

Ada's one of the main RE characters you meet in RE2, RE4, and RE6. She is Leon's main love interest and was rumoured to be in RE8.

Yeah that's fair enough. MMOs aren't really my thing so I doubt I would enjoy FFXIV anyway.

I wanna try out New Vegas since it and 3 have the most acclaim to them, but I don't know if I'm ready for a long roleplaying game again after FF7 Remake took up most of my gaming time this year. Bioware... well we know how Anthem turned out but they have one last chance on Mass Effect and Dragon Age and if they fuck those up, they may as well kiss their reputation goodbye.

Ah, then if it has to do with her I probably won't be interested. Don't much care about love interests and kind of don't like it in my media, especially my horror games, but that's me.

FF7 Remake was pretty good, and I don't even like Final Fantasy as a franchise and 7 was always my least favorite. Still, I'm not going to beat feet to get the continuations or anything.

Dead Space is cool, but I'm only excited about it insofar as I'll be watching my friend play it. I otherwise don't care about it.

Loved Horizon Zero Dawn... but again, too hyperfixated on westerns to much care about anything else. Maybe someday they'll give me that RDR1 remaster... but I guess it makes sense that a spaghetti western game would have spaghetti code.

Regarding the original dead space series, I 100% feel the first two games are still worth playing. If you really groove with them, you can try out 3 but it was a wash for me. The games atmosphere and art design hold up and the sound design is incredible in the games. Really adds to the tension.
Alright I'll see if I can play them on Game Pass if I get a Series S!

Ah, then if it has to do with her I probably won't be interested. Don't much care about love interests and kind of don't like it in my media, especially my horror games, but that's me.

FF7 Remake was pretty good, and I don't even like Final Fantasy as a franchise and 7 was always my least favorite. Still, I'm not going to beat feet to get the continuations or anything.

Dead Space is cool, but I'm only excited about it insofar as I'll be watching my friend play it. I otherwise don't care about it.

Loved Horizon Zero Dawn... but again, too hyperfixated on westerns to much care about anything else. Maybe someday they'll give me that RDR1 remaster... but I guess it makes sense that a spaghetti western game would have spaghetti code.
I'd say Ada is more than just a love interest but alright, you do you.

Remake has become my favourite game of all time, and has gotten me into FF games now. I really hope Square puts the Pixel Remasters on Switch so I can use it as my main FF machine.

If EA don't fuck it up then surely it'll be worth playing.

I doubt we'll see an RDR1 Remaster but I mean, we're apparently getting a GTA collection soon so anything could happen. I dunno if I should play that game first or RDR2.

I am not going to say it is my most anticipated game as I am still on the fence about it. To be honest, I'm not really sure how I feel. I may buy it or get it from gamefly. Saints Row. The reboot or whatever they want to call it. Wasn't overly impressed by the trailer. It kind of had a strange vibe to it, but since it's the only avenue forward I figure might as well try it out and have Saints Row 2 handy just in case.

They definitely won't be out next year (and if they somehow are I'll be summarily avoiding them like the plague), but I'm looking forward to Dragon Age 4 and Mass Effect 4.

It just requires EA to let the Bioware team do their jobs.

I'm not a big gamer, so I only really pay attention to titles that interest me.

Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines 2.

If we even see it next year.

That is if it doesn't end up axe, considering the publisher Paradox considered axing it after they removed it from Hardsuit Labs developers. (Really been quite a crapfest of production going on with it and I dunno how things go for games that go from one developer to another as in what is kept and what is scrapped.)

I would like to see a remastered Drakengard(or Drag-on-Dragoon), considering how much gutted content the Westernize versions of 1 had in it which makes it hard to really follow story with so much missing stuff, leading to holes of information. I can understand with Leonard character as his background was worse of them all, but others in cast of 1 also being gutted and censored along with some endings/scenes/and missions is little something else.

Admittedly, I'm not sure what all is releasing next year, but I will say I'm looking forward to Elden Ring after the gameplay demo that dropped! I also agree with Sync up there- I'm positively itching for DA4 and ME4, even though they will not be releasing in 2022.

Definitely FF XVI (which I'm hoping will be better than XV, couldn't get into that one which in retrospect, made me reconsider XIII), KOTOR and Star Ocean : The Divine Force. Oh, and Pokémon Legends : Arceus is dropping as well so I may play that too!

RE8 sort of slipped under my radar, I'm still working on 7 and 2, watched the full walkthrough for 3 and there'd have to be a massive price drop for me to buy it. An Ada Wong DLC would be cool, wonder what kind of design they'd go for this time around. We've seen her in more serious wear in 6, but other than that red dresses were the go-to not counting 2's trenchcoat.

Wondering what ME4 will be like, the Legendary Edition's left me with an overwhelmingly positive opinion of the series, definitely one of my fav franchises now, sci-fi or otherwise.

I have a couple, even though I'm not sure if some of these are coming out next year:

1. The King of Fighters XV
2. Black Myth: Wukong
3. Saints Row (2022)
4. Bayonetta 3 (probably my most anticipated)
5. Project EVE

They definitely won't be out next year (and if they somehow are I'll be summarily avoiding them like the plague), but I'm looking forward to Dragon Age 4 and Mass Effect 4.

It just requires EA to let the Bioware team do their jobs.

I'm not a big gamer, so I only really pay attention to titles that interest me.
Unfortunately I think we both know how that will turn out.

Frankly I worry for Mass Effect 4, especially if the acting is as wooden as Andromeda was.

As for me, I know it's not 'next year' but Battlefield 2042 is a title I'm looking forward to. Though after the shitshow that was the beta....I just pray they don't have another BF4 launch fiasco.

Botw 2. I really hope the ball is not dropped on it, I do not care if it does not even come out until December of 2022.

Other than that, Arceus is another game that I hope turns out good. Also happily awating Hollow Knight: Silksong that is 100% going to come out next year :)

Of the confirmed games coming out in 2022, Total War: Warhmmer 3 and Elden Ring are my most anticpated. There are a ton of games I'd like to see next year like BOTW2, Hollow knight silksong, and others but their release dates are all in limbo.

I love the game House Flipper and awaiting their PETS added, I am hoping maybe it has some farm like abilities in it!

Pretty much just waiting on Elden Ring and Total War: Warhammer 3 for me. There are other games I will play with friends or most likely enjoy like God of War Ragnorok (If it comes out in 2022), Witch Queen for Destiny 2, etc.

But my money and time is going towards Elden Ring and Warhammer 3

KOF XV
DNF Duel
Bayonetta 2
Advanced Wars 1+2
Metal Slug Tactics
Windjammers 2
Elden Ring
Pokemon Arceus
Kirby and the Forgotten Land

Hello children, I'm fairly new to this place so I'm still thinking of my first RP post that I'd like to make, so instead I'll be focusing on another hobby of mine: video games.

Specifically, which game YOU are all hyped for that's coming out next year! I feel as if next year is going to be massive for video games (as long as those consoles are actually available, looking at you Sony...), and with so many awesome titles coming out in the next 16 months or so, I wanna hear your GOTY candidates, personal favourites, all that stuff!

I'll start with: God of War: Ragnarok

2018's well deserved Game of the Year (sorry RDR2, you were amazing as well though!) was something I finally got to play during the dreaded lockdown of last year, and what a ride that game was. Thrilling boss fights like Baldur and Sigrun the Valkyrie Queen, whilst having an emotional and engaging story along with fun as hell gameplay and combat mechanics, had me completely immersed for the two weeks that it took me to beat and get the Platinum. It's sequel already had me hooked but we'll probably be fighting Thor too?! It's a no brainer.

So, tell me what you guys' most anticipated game next year is!
Star Trek for me. I can’t wait!

Back
Top Bottom