Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The New Avengers

Questor

Moon
The New Avengers

Want to see if there is an interest in this RP. If So I need about five to six other players. Characters can not be the Canon characters though they can have similar powers as the original Avengers. Be creative but not over powered.

In the world there are those scientists that create things for good and those that create things for evil, or just to please the military. Then there are those that are experimented on. Spiderman was bit by a radioactive spider that transformed him. Scientists were experimenting with the spiders. The Hulk became who he was because Bruce Banner was exposed to gamma radiation, again due to science going wrong. The Scarlet Witch was created by Hydra using one of the Infinity Stones. Captain America was created to an experiment to make a Super Soldier, and Vision was the creation of Tony Stark to some degree using one of the Infinity Stones. Others used science to create their alter egos or use the technology out there. Falcon used the flight pack, Iron man built his suits, and of course some came from other realms in the universe.
The Infinity war was over, Thanos was defeated but it had cost the Avengers. Iron man was dead, as well as Vision. Thor gave up his kingship of the remaining Asgardians and left with the Guardians of the Galaxy. Hawkeye left the Avengers to be with his family and Captain America had decided to stay in the past and live his life with the woman he fell in love with. Now aged, he passed his Shield to the Falcon.
All that was left was War Machine, the Falcon, Winter Soldier, the Scarlet Witch, Ant Man and the Wasp, Spiderman, the Hulk and Black Panther along with Dr. Strange. The Hulk was now less powerful then he had been since Banner and the Hulk had joined together to form the new Hulk. They need more exceptional people to fill their ranks, for what Vision had said once, they were a powerful force that represented a challenge to others in the galaxy. A challenge that brought those to face them on Earth, putting the people of Earth in danger. So a call went out for those that had special talents, or even powers to join them.
Those that were once SHIELD Agents along with Nick Fury became the Avengers support team. While the original Avengers that still lived continued to stand guard over Earth The New Avengers would have to become a team. Just like the first Avengers had to get over their own personal view of the others and work together, so would the New Avengers.

Since the Avengers had went back in time to gather the infinity stones and then return them once they had defeated Thanos, they were never destroyed and and survived. Tampering with time has it effects and even the slightest change will create a ripple effect that will change the future. Since the stones were now still in exsistence there were others out in the Galaxy that wanted them, or at least one or more of them for their own use, and since Earth seemed to have had a number of them, it was now a target for any and all would be Conquer of the Galaxy.
Thanos had underlings out in the Galaxy. Underlings that had not been effected by the Infinity Stones when Tony Stark used them to erase Thanos and his army. These Underlings now took control of what Thanos had built and of course they all plotted to get the stones or some of them for themselves.

Neimlin was one of those. He had been a Captain in Thanos' forces but had been left behind to keep order while he was gone in his sector of space. Now with his Master Gone, he had the command of an army himself and a fleet of ships. Now he looked to take complete control over the others that had been left behind.

On Earth at the Avengers Headquarters, the new recruits were gathered together in a large room with a large round table and comfortable chairs. Nick Fury entered the room and looked over the new recruits wanting to be Avengers. "You all know what has happened in the past, so I will not dwell on that much. But the threat is still out there and here on Earth as well." he looked from one to the others of the new team. "As you can see by looking around this table, mankind has gotten quite far in creating not only advanced systems by enhancing human beings to become Meta Humans as well.

"Like the first team of Avengers, you will have to get over what ever bias and quirks you might have of working with others. It took a mans death to unite the First Avengers, I hope it does not come to that for you. A team needs a leader so decide who that is going to be. There is no training here for you to begin working as a team. It is something that you have to want to be a part of, to have the back of others as they have yours. So get to know each other, talk, argue but nicely. I don't want the place being brought down around everyone's ears. Get it all out of your systems and we will see what you can do." With that he left the room so the New Avengers Could talk among themselves.

Daniel Santel sat there listening to Nick Fury and had to agree with what he had said. The Old Avengers were still around but with out their power houses like Thor, Captain America and Iron Man, could they handle another attack from those that wanted to attack Earth. He looked around the table where the others sat wondering if they could do what the old Avengers had done. He had powers, He could draw energy or electricity from where ever and control it where he could throw it at something or someone and amp up the power. He called himself Lightning Lord.

Daniel stood about six feet tall, with sandy brown hair that he kept short, and deep blue eyes that seemed at time to crackle with electricity. He had a muscular body, that he kept in shape by working out almost every day in the morning and practicing the martial arts he had learned as he grew up. He wore a long leather coat over a black T shirt and black jeans, and black biker boots.

Could be interested, what system would this be using? Doesn't sound like a Masks kind of deal, which would be the only supers system I actually know.

I am so into this. Plants flag of petition for the team as Cavalry or Selkie. Particular system, or would this be free-form. this is my idea, though adjusted for most systems may drop some of the more combat oriented options or more extreme mimicry stuff. I really wanna keep the prehensile hair and the body chemistry stuff.

Rebecca Harrigan towered even as she sat at the table. Six foot four, broad shouldered, and full bodied, she was a lot of woman. Becca, or Cavalry as her call sign was designated, needed to be here, not so she could be the hero, but so she would not become the villain. Her power, complete mastery of her self down to the molecular level, aligned itself with many nefarious options. She was the perfect terrorist or assassin, as she could morph her form to be anyone, with a significant DNA signature and a few minutes time she could fool fingerprint, optic scans, even DNA, her power also offered the ability to manipulate the chemicals in her body to manufacture poisons, explosives, medicines, or other chemical reagents. This was the role she most fit, infiltration and information gathering, but when it came time to get serious, she had additional options. Morphing her body to gain dragonfly wings, chitinous armoring, ant's strength, or even a prehensile, poison-tipped tail. With a few moments preparation she could gain several zoological anatomical structures that she has studied. She is currently working on a zoological masters in biostructures (the study of animal parts though so far they had focused on entomology). Selkie's biggest weakness is how close she has to get, as only her prehensile hair had any kind of reach and that was only fifteen feet.

"I can drive, ship, boat, car, truck, semi, or most heavy machinery. I have plans to learn aircraft next!"

Last edited:
This would be a free style RP. No Book system on how to create a character or their powers. Just don't want characters over powered.

Gotcha, I kind of assumed there would be a system since this was put in the systems section, probably not for me then.

Maybe we need to push this to another section. There is a free-form interest option. Though I thank you for posting here as I don't usually watch that thread.

Still here, just waiting to see who shows interest in the RP. It is not hard to come up with powers or abilities. There were only a few in the Avengers that had true powers, Thor hand lightning and strength. Spiderman his spider sense, climbing, strength and his technology of spider webbing. Dr Strange learned magic, which is probably just using his mind to control something already there. The Hulk was a result of Gama Radiation, and the others had technology that was more advanced then any had seen.

Like I said, no cannon Characters, but one can have similar abilities, powers, ect.

So just waiting to see if others are wanting to try it or not.

I'm interested. But as the answer is usually "No", I gotta ask first if anyone is interested in MxM before I concept up a character.

LenjaminButton and I are discussing in PMs. Looks like you can count us in.

I'm thinking of a indigenous guy who's family's totem spirit (Rainbow Crow) has bonded with him. He can fly and breath fire, but he's really kind of a activist hippie.

I was thinking of a sort of avenging angel type of aesthetic, essentially angel wings (literally like Angel from X-Men) and proper combat training (and likely a fair amount of field medic training). He's very serious in battle but outside of that he's pretty much the kind of person who becomes the team mom lol

Mxm searching but also willing to bring a female character with a dominant streak? Also tbf, can do both if people are interested? I have a few characters somewhere.

I'd be down to join, assuming it's still open. I've got a couple characters I could throw in, depending on what kinds of powers have already been taken. My go to is a guy is a mix of Deadpool and Blue Beetle, especially if I'm allowed to lean on the fourth wall a little. Alien power armor powered by his own healing factor, able to overclock itself at the expense of him becoming easier to hurt or even become actively damaged by the suit. But if that won't work, I can always think of something else.

Back
Top Bottom