Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Alt Lifestyles: College Club **OOC Chatter**

xavierrol

Old Dog, New Tricks
Supporter
So who has a good name for our school?

Also anything else we want to do planning wise? I'll try and get a starter post out tonight yet, but it might not be too fancy.

Well, given the context of the club’s formation, I got much stronger public school vibes than private school. The naming convention in that sphere is pretty homogenous; “X State” and “University of Y” sorts of names come to mind, although they’re rather bland.

Yes, a public school. I picked Sedgewick University, I sort of poached it from another group I am in. I have a start written, I hope it works for all of you. I always feel my starts are rubbish, but hopefully this one is passable. Let me know if it needs adjusted in any way and I'll do what I can.

@Amykun @Amante @LeaT

Seems like a fine start to me. I'll most likely post early tomorrow (eastern US time).

Do we assume the four of us are the only one's there or should we say there are unspecified others in the group?

I’m open to either, I think the image of only three people showing up for this club is kinda funny. But then again, I’d imagine there’s other people unspecified thus far. Someone sued to get this club allowed after all

Actually if anyone wants to look at my faceclaim models and sees someone they like suggest it ^.^

I’m open to either, I think the image of only three people showing up for this club is kinda funny. But then again, I’d imagine there’s other people unspecified thus far. Someone sued to get this club allowed after all
So does someone want the role of the instigator of this whole thing? I'm open to it.

I’d have to say this one is my personal favorite @Amykun ^.^
Kind of hard to argue with the boy's taste there! @Amykun

My starts tend to go a little long, but being the 'advisor' I thought I should try and set the stage of the room.

Nice starts so far everyone.

I can't argue with @Amante 's choice either.

@LeaT if you want to be the instigator of the group I'm fine with it. It could be more than one, if others have an interest.

I'll probably do a second character but want to see how things go first to see what gaps might best be filled.

As for 'extras' at the start, I think we can allow others to 'appear' in this scene if they want before we get too far along. I'm sort of imagining the club meeting once a week and each meeting is sort of a scene that plays out among the group. If the group gets larger each week, that seems reasonable. I'd love to see us able to play out a meeting/scene over the course of a week or so to keep things moving along.

I hope I have everyone's questions answered, if I missed anything, please let me know. I'm excited to see this get off the ground, or more like into the basement.

Wow that’s an awesome starter @LeaT. Thanks for setting the scene like that, I’d not have thought ahead like that with the furniture and stuff.

I’m imagining the ‘instigator’ character/characters to be passably knowledgeable on the sorts of things the club was founded for, so I’m not confident in my ability to play that convincingly lol

Hey everyone, I won't be posting till after I go to the mall. Need to pick up school stuff. It will be up to 3-5 hours

I have an idea for one of the girls who faught for the club but she is a senior student. I don't think my busty girl fits the more serious character I have in mind. I am thinking someone who has a more serious aura to her.

By all means pick a character that works for you. You can always just bounce the idea out here and we can offer input if you want it.

My plan is to have someone who is a little Bratty and one of the students that fought to have the club started. I don't think the bustier girl fit the idea of Bratty spunky girl. I think these would fit. Which do people think fit well:

#1 is Brigitte Lundy Paine who has a lot of very versatile looks that would lend themselves well to this theme if you cared to explore them. The others are more traditional beauties with very fine features in their own right. All fine choices in various ways. Bratty spunky girl sounds like a good fit any way you want to present her.

I agree, #1 seems the best fit in my mind, as does the characterization of her being spunky and a bit bratty

The great and wonderful @LeaT has been great to bounce character ideas off of. Do we want to keep a posting order?

Thanks @Amykun I enjoy brainstorming with you.

I have added to my character thread to add a second character. She and Amykun's # 2 will be added in our next post. @xavierrol I hope she meets with your approval! If not just let me know.

That might be something good to keep track of, although it might make it harder to have more interconnected interactions? Maybe just making sure each involved character gets a reply per ‘round’ so nobody is habitually reactive rather than proactive in the action?

I've never been a huge fan of posting orders. My hope is that we are able to be a rather active small group and not have to spend too much time waiting for the 'next' person. It certainly helps if you know you will be away for a few days to let us know so we can work around it.

On the flip side, sometimes someone is going to take an action towards one character that shouldn't have to wait for the 'cycle' to complete itself before at least a short response is warranted. In this case, it helps if you 'tag' the person you are expecting a response from, I think we are all familiar with tagging @Amykun @Amante @LeaT

I'm fine with posting as it makes sense but try to keep everyone involved. Hard and fast rules like post order rarely hold up well once things get going.

I see some pairings coming together but I'm wondering how much you all want Maitland to sort of direct things, as opposed to letting it be more of a free for all? I have some ideas that might put the focus on one or more characters at a time for short bits but they are by no means necessary.

I'm fine with Matty taking a more directive role, but that also tracks for Nate's arc whereas it might not for other people. Hope my attempts to convey Nate's lack of seriousness about the whole thing isn't making him come off like a purposeful jerk. Just trying to set the stage for his progression and such.

Back
Top Bottom