Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Sparticus, The Man Who Lives In a Trash Can - Chapter 1

Dreams and Nightmares

As the lantern flared your role was cast
Hey, so, basically, I'm bored, and thought I'd post this on here. It's this universe I created a while ago, and this is the first story I wrote in it. Who knows, maybe if people like it, it'll motivate me to write some more, since I haven't in months. But here it is. Chapters are relatively short.

Chapter 1
The Beginning

Stinky. Smelly. Repulsing. Nauseating. Those are words that we associate with trash cans. Trash cans, those containers that have all of our trash, all of what we don't want, we don't need inside. But not for one man. For one man, these trash cans are treasure chests. These trash cans contain gold, artifacts awaiting to be uncovered again, and given a second life. This is the story of an odd fellow named Sparticus, one that has lived in a trash can his entire life.

Now, Sparticus lived in a trash can that was located in a dark alleyway of some town. Town names did not matter to Sparticus, and so he did not know where he was. Sparticus lived near 4 other trash cans, and that was where he found his nurishment and entertainment. Sparticus never left his trash can, he was scared of the outside world, and people did not seem to like him. When he peeked out of his home, people would look at him in disgust, fear, contempt, mockery...he did not like to show himself. The kids would throw rocks at his house, sometimes someone would come and spit in his trash can. They were all vile creatures that wanted Sparticus to suffer. But Sparticus was happy where he was.

One day, Sparticus heard a knock against his humble habitation. At first, he did not react, for he thought it was someone messing with him again. But the knocks continued, and, soon enough, Sparticus bursted his upper half out, furious that his sleep was disturbed. "what do you want?!" He yelled out at the small man that was standing before him. But Sparticus' anger was soon replaced by curiosity, seeing what odd fellow had asked for his presence.

The man was probably about 3'5, smaller than his trash can, and was dressed very properly. An all gray suit, wearing a Derby, holding a small suitcase in his right hand, he was looking up with big eyes at Sparticus, visibly undisturbed by his explosion. He had a round nose, and from what Sparticus could see, black hair. The man bowed, and cleared his throat. "Sorry to bother you, let us start with introductions. I am Melon Man. I am passing in this town for business purposes, and have heard of a man who lives in a trash can. My curiosity was too strong, and i had to see this man for myself. You must be Sparticus, it is a pleasure meeting you." He said before sticking out his hand for Sparticus to shake. Sparticus stared at the small man with his protruding eyes, blinking once, twice. This man wanted to shake his hand? Nobody ever wanted to even touch Sparticus. They thought he was gross, foul, disgusting. But this man wanted to shake his hand. Sparticus stuck out his meager arm as it slithered down and took hold of the man's hand, shaking it before slithering back in. The Melon Man smiled and sat down, leaning against the wall. "Sparticus, why do you stay hidden from the world in your trash can?"he asked.
- "People don't like me, and I don't like them"
- "but Sparticus, the world is full of beautiful things!"
- "i do not need them. As long as I have my trash can."
- "there are plenty of other trash cans, you know. Many more luxurious than the one you have."
- "...plenty more trash cans?"
- "yes, Sparticus! With all sorts of things in them!"
- "....all sorts of things..."
- "say Sparticus, why don't we go explore the world together?"

Sparticus had always wanted to be an explorer, and so he rose from his trash can, and for the first time in his entire life, he set foot on the ground, and set out for a new adventure.

This had marked the beginning of a beautiful friendship between The Melon Man and Sparticus.

Back
Top Bottom