Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Western Avengers (Marvel, Western, Canon,GmSeekingPlayers)

“There’s a town out in the west called New York. A town divided by two sides. Protected by an honorable man and governed by someone willing to use the ends to justify the means. A town founded by people chasing dreams of gold and freedom in a lawless land. A town filled with secrets and people just waiting to become legends in the west. This is the start of their stories. The start of the Avengers.”

Setting: This is a Marvel Fandom alt world set loosely in the Old West during the Gold Rush. Historical accuracy is not entirely the goal here.

Canon Vs Originals: This is a canon only group. I’m not looking for original characters. However, given what sort of world we’re creating here there will be a high degree of customizable options for your character.

The Type Of Game: I will be running a “GM” Game Play By Post for this Marvel Western. I’ll be playing the events out and the various NPC’s. There might be some degree of dice rolling involved within the game but would be of a simple variety. There will be a main plot, side quests, and things to do for the town itself. This will be a narrative game first and foremost and my goal here is to tell a good story for my group of Western heroes.

How Many Players do We Have So Far: 8 Active!

The Platform: Discord

The Premise: This will be set in a western based town called New York. A small town founded because of the Gold Rush. A few years before the events of the game, a rival town was founded on the other end of the Valley by Norman Osborne. “Oz Town” started clashing with New York right away over gold and resources. Because of Norman’s resources, the town of New York began to starve for resources.

Enter Wilson Fisk. A man who rolled up to town (again a few years ago) and helped the town. He brought in new commerce, trade, and the like. Thanks to his actions, the town was saved from dying and even began to flourish. This allowed Fisk to become the Mayor of the town. It soon became obvious that what Fisk brought to the town was a criminal element but since everyone behaved within the town (to a point at least) the towns people of New York accepted it.

Eventually, New York received a new sheriff in the form of Steve Rogers. A veteran of the American-Mexico war, Steve wanted to continue protecting people and found out the town was in need of a sheriff. Sheriff and Mayor clashed right away as Steve’s morally righteous nature got the better of him.

Now the town finds itself divided. Most of the normal townsfolk don’t care much about what sort of town they are and just care about surviving. Some profit off of the criminality or they make their money off of being a criminal and have found a place they can hide out or go back to. Some believe in the same sort of honor and morality that Sheriff Rogers does.

It all comes to a head one fateful day. When an old army buddy of Steve’s rolls into town sporting strange wounds. The arrival of Bucky Barnes sets to motion a series of events that forces the town to make a choice.

GM Claimed Characters: Bucky Barnes at the time of this posting. Though I don’t imagine this will come up, please be aware I’ll also be playing Mayor Wilson Fisk and Uncle Ben Parker who runs the general store. There are other NPC characters that I am currently playing (Like Steve) that I am hoping to find someone to play.

Player Claimed Characters: Right now, the following characters are claimed.

Towns Doctor: Hank McCoy

Dirty Six Member: James “Warpath” Proudstar

Blacksmith: Antoinette “Toni” Stark

Lawman: Scott Summers

Cattle Driver: Gamora

Wanderer: Erik Leshner

Character Premises: What canon character do you want to play? Who are you within the town? The towns doctor? Sheriff? Inn Keeper?

How did you get your powers? Science experiment gone wrong? Mystical means? Are you a Captain America who’s part Lycan? Or a Bruce Banner who decided he was going to put electricity through gamma irradiated meteorites? Perhaps your Peter Parker was given a spider totem by a traveling salesman and that’s how he got his powers! The idea here is that your character DOES have powers in some kind (if they usually do in the universe) and that they’re hiding their powers.

You are not at the height of your power and skill. You’re not the kick butt super assassin just yet. You might have skill but you’re not all powerful. The various enemies inside of the game are dangerous confronted alone.

Player Rules:
  • Be kind to your fellow players
  • Responses twice a week (Or More)
  • Third Person
  • Past Tense
  • 18 & Up

A Few Things To Note: This will be an adult group. Romance between characters is entirely possible and thanks to the criminal nature of the town would be expected within it. The West is a harsh violent place and will be in our story to. Please keep that in mind when reaching out.

How To Reach Out: If interested, please message me, post within the advertisement, or contact me in some way. Once I am sure I have enough people to run this thing I will get started on creating our server.

Last edited:

This posting has been updated to reflect how many people we have as of now within the server and the characters claimed!

This posting has been updated to reflect new and left people! We are still recruiting and actively looking for members to join us!

Back
Top Bottom