Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

To Boldly Go Where No Influencer Has Gone Before! (an Eden's Zero-inspired anime space adventure)

Goodbye

Seeya Freaks Later
outer-space-planets-earth-1366x768-anime-death-note-hd-art-wallpaper-preview.jpg

The Ouroboros Cosmos is a vast, strange place, brimming with life across hundreds of planets. Among these worlds are millions of unique cultures, beautiful locales, and amazing flora and fauna. Unfortunately, not everyone has the time or money to hop on a space ship and visit these worlds. However, those who do know that there's a market for those eager to learn about faraway planets and their inhabitants.

That's where your character comes in. What are they looking for? Fame? Wealth? Adventure? To simply get away from a family who hates everything under the suns that they don't understand? Regardless of the reason, a small crew is being put together to hop from planet to planet and shoot videos for the sake of the almighty algorithm and adoring viewers! Either way, they're in for some misadventures and shenanigans all in the name of the almighty credit!

So that's the RP in a nutshell, and I'll expand on things in the setting (magitech, space travel, major planetary hubs, major powers in the galaxy--be it political, military, or economic-- etc.) in the OoC proper. A few things before going further:
  1. This will NOT be an RP with smut. Ecchi is bound to happen though. Skinship among girls at the hot spring? Oh, you betcha. Mysterious tentacle aliens grabbing our heroines every once in a while? It will probably happen. Performing in a talent show with a bikini portion in hopes of getting some new gear for the channel? Hell, if it will make an interesting mini-arc, I'm all for it.
  2. I am looking for two or three other RPers to take a few roles, such as the talent, a co-host, a camera(wo)man, and/or a producer; the character providing security and researching locations will be played by myself (though, assuming that we don't get a camera operator, he can do it himself or it can be a task relegated to, say, drones with cameras).
  3. I'm looking for partners who will put in suggestions for parts of the story. Be it a suggestion for how the story goes, or a full idea for a mini-arc, I want partners who want the Ouroboros Cosmos to be as exciting as possible!

I hope to hear from anyone interested soon!

I mean... I have... some sort of vague interest? I won't lie though the Space traveling Vlogger bit isn't really much my thing though either which is what makes it kind of hard to jump into.

I figured the idea was rather niche, but I'm open to suggestions. Part-time travel vlogger, part-time going on fetch quests for the rich and idle?

I figured the idea was rather niche, but I'm open to suggestions. Part-time travel vlogger, part-time going on fetch quests for the rich and idle?
Haha its fine. I mean nothing stops one of the characters from being a Vlogger still, I'd just say giving room for others to have their own motives or goals works too. I mean someone could be taking part on some scientific or general researcher wanting to visit the various worlds for whatever reason having to do so alone (maybe exploring some theory that they can't get others into or what not). The pilot/possible ship owner could just be doing it for some cash having their own reasons not really being interested in the whole thing but getting more involved in the mix overtime. Heck, just an explorer wanting see new places barely explored or recorded about!

As far as the vlogging/other activities it could just go naturally on. I mean sure the Vlogger might be vlogging but maybe some trouble prevents them from setting off from the planet and they need fuel/repairs or something? Could be they are being hunted down for some reason (maybe a deed on one planted getting them into trouble with the wrong types). Heck, they could see a problem and think "We should help them" (or "Wow that would be great for my vlogg!"). I think you could go with a lot of different things.

The biggest element I'd say is just making it more about the adventure and then giving characters room to have their own individual motives. It just opens the door I think to more interest being a motley crew of varied different interests and backgrounds all to some extent wanting to go exploring the various places. From there, its just about getting people into the Sci-fi bit that is probably the hardest part.

That and maybe the lack of erotic stuff? Personally I'm fine without it not sure how... popular not having that content is to be fair. Not a reason to include it mind you (I mean people can just do their own little stuff in PMs or a side thread after all :) )but it might explain some lack of interest as well.

Back
Top Bottom