Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fantasy Group RP

Garrtic

Planetoid
So i am bouncing around a idea for a Group RP that is basically an entire world.

This would involve player made factions, species, and characters. Players could play the leaders of a faction or just a peasant of said faction/species and anything in between.

The players interactions with eachother and npcs could effect the world. Example alliances and wars could effect things.

I would for the most part control NPC's.

This roleplay would be focused mainly on the story the players developed in the world around them.

Eventually something big will happen that will encourage the players to choose sides and this is were the majority of the rp would stem from.

I just want to see if I can find people interested in playing this. I have alot of experience in world building for dnd, pathfinder, and Whitewolf games so I am no stranger.

The game would have basic rules but nothing to complex because I don't want stuff to get in the way of the role play.

Depending upon the setting, I could be interested in this.

I am also a GM and have a lot of experience world building and so am willing to offer my experience, even if I don't end up a player.

Okay, love that you are going for a hybrid, simple system. I'll be paying attention.

finally i can respond to my own post.

So i am currently building a map for it. But As i stated before players could chose to build their own races and such. There would be basic rules set up and they would have to be approved so they do not get over powered. Any player can chose from any race that is approved.

Players could make factions and there could be multiple factions of the same race if you wanted. You could be the leader of a faction. If you want to be the leader/king/queen of a entire race/kingdom that could be done too. Each faction can only have 1 leader though. If players don't fill those roles then a NPC will.

There is no class system you can do whatever you think your character could do within reason so long as its something your race could do. So long as it makes sense then cool. Magic would be in the world but nothing on the level of a god because we can't have god moding.

As stated before things will eventually happen that will encourage players to choose sides.

You can play evil you can play good, you can be anything between.

I currently have a few races that are already created atleast the basic info for them. Slime, Halfdragon, Arachnoid, and Mothpeople.

The mechanics for the game are mainly going to be based of mediation between players but if it comes down to a conflict between players then i will build a very basic system for players to use that will be a single d10. very simple. if that fails then its a rules call by me.

I am sure people have questions.

I couldn't find the answer here. Are we allowed to use discord as an alternate platform or does everything have to be on this forum?

It is up to the individual players. Some prefer it, some do either, some don't go off site (like me). But you can find a group and promote a discord based game here from what I have seen.

Ok. I will try to stay on site and use discord as an additional resource for maps and such.

So I am building the map still. Atleast the large world map. I will divide it up into regions later. What kind of environments are people looking for? And what kind of races are people interested in making?

So you can build the race yourself or you can have me do it. I will set up the group in a bit and set out templates for race, faction and character creation.

I'm fairly flexible on races but would be interested in being the second of a faction leader, preferably female from a matriarchal society. The faction leader could be a true leader, dominant in the relationship or a figurehead being dominated in secret by my character. MC could be, but does not need to be of the same race. I would prefer some sexual chemistry between them, even if that aspect of the story is done outside the main group.

If someone is interested in this sort of setup, please let me know and we can discuss details as the story comes together.

I might make a human king in charge of a small but pretty diverse kingdom, to balance out the other ideas presented!

I have a dark fae king character if anyone wants to create a male harem for them xD

So how many ate still interested so I know this isn't a waste of time for me to build maps and such?

Back
Top Bottom