Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

XCOM Roleplay Interest Check

breakingcounsel

Super-Earth
So I’ve been playing quite a bit of XCOM 2 lately… kinda got the idea in my head about maybe having something of a paramilitary slice-of-life in the middle of an alien invasion kind of thing. Like, behind the scenes, after the missions. The missions, too, of course. Can’t have an XCOM RP without shooting some aliens, am I right?

Basically, the thought behind this is this: we would play the soldiers of XCOM (and we could have the canon characters, like the Commander and such, be played as we go), forming bonds and friendships as we fight to free the Earth from ADVENT’s control. Of course, with the staff’s quarters being co-ed, there is plenty of time for shenanigans between missions.

I’m definitely open to ideas regarding this, and would love to have some input! My knowledge of the XCOM games is limited, as I’ve only recently played through 2 and the War of the Chosen DLC. I have begun a play through of XCOM: Enemy Unknown and the Enemy Within DLC, but I have not progressed as far in that yet.

Ideally, I’d want to have enough people to have a full squad, so at the minimum 4. I will allow multiple characters, though I would prefer we have original type characters over canons. So no claiming, say, Central or someone like that.

I will also accept players who want to stay fully out of the alien ass-kicking action and hang out as researchers and engineers as well! Don’t be shy in making that known.

Last edited:
Fuck it, you had me at XCOM! My first XCOM 2 playthrough was an absolute blast and I'd love to get involved in this!

Thank ya! I love XCOM so this is right up my alley. In my first playthrough I made my girlfriend and she was a fucking monster. She pretty much tore down Advent by herself while the one I made of myself was just sorta there.

I'm probably gonna make a Sharpshooter for this. A surprisingly chill Japanese sniper that's sort of a mother hen for the squad he's in while also being really socially awkward which is gonna be super entertaining when he gets involved with someone.

That sounds awesome. I’m probably gonna go with a ranger class myself. Love the shotgun and sword combo!

That's what I made my girlfriend. They're honestly insane at higher levels, plus they're super badass

Sharpshooters are OP with the right build. They can basically wipe out an entire enemy squad in one turn and it's insane

Totally badass. You get the Sharpshooter weapons from the Chosen Hunter, the Ranger weapons from the Chosen Assassin, and a Disruptor Rifle from the Chosen Warlock.

Honestly I really want the DLC because it reminds me a lot of the Nemesis system from the Middle Earth games. I always love uniquely generated villains for me to loathe and laugh at, so The Chosen look like my kinda stuff

It’s such a good addition to the main game. I honestly think it makes it that much better, plus there’s added soldier types with three separate Resistance factions that you can have join XCOM.

Y’know what. I think I might do a Reaper as well. Fucking love those guys, except the, uh… eating aliens.

That's something. I thought you meant they just ate them raw.

But seeing a Reaper interact with my very chill sniper will be really interesting!

I can’t find the clip, but your first meeting with the Reapers, the one you speak with offers your soldiers some cooked Berserker.

Back
Top Bottom