Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

In the Devil's Wake: Blood and Steel [Haru&Katt]

Haruchai

As you wish.
He was a killer. There was no doubt about that. Don't get it twisted though, he was not a murderer. Nor was he an assassin for hire. He killed out of necessity. Kill or be killed. That was what the gladiator arenas made out of the various contestants. Assets some would say. Investments. Rarely were fights truly to the death, though it did happen. No, the death fights were fought by those of little worth. Slaves to be used and discarded with little thought for their lives. The true gladiators rarely fought to the death. They were far too expensive to throw away after a single combat. They stayed in service for years. Fighting until first blood, or one gave up. Or until, sometimes, they earned their freedom.

So, he was a killer. That's now been established. However, how he came to be a killer is another story entirely. No, this story is about how he gained his freedom, and the events that followed thereafter.

It had started when he was young, untrained and inexperienced. But you learned quickly in his world, and Ebonstar - which was the name he took for himself - had excelled in the life he'd been given. He hadn't even grown his first whiskers yet and most would consider him worldly in so many ways. Much of that was due to how he aged. His youth had seen more years than many adult humans, and now? Now he was in his prime. Full grown and a star. Prized not only for his skill, but for his uses as a breeding stud. Or as a sexual liaison for those that could afford it and wanted bragging rights.

Ebonstar didn't care about that. Not really. No emotion were involved. Not in the bedroom. But remember, he was a killer. He'd gained a reputation in the arenas. He took things personally. Not emotionally though, just business. Same as in the bedroom. Just business. He killed it in there too, just in a different manner entirely. All one had to do was ask the very pleased nobility that paid for his services. Oh yes, Ebonstar had quite a reputation.

----------​

The city of Ordolus sat in the south of the country of Anourtii. Right upon the Bay of Beards next to the Great Ocean. Like many cities in Anourtii, Ordolus was known as a slave city. Each slave city resided within walking distance of its' 'Big Sister' city, which was the true living and business place of the citizens of Anourtii. For Ordolus it was Arbitration. A vast sprawling coastal city surrounded by grasslands and then further out, farmland. Arbitration, and by extension, Ordolus, were port cities that were heavy in trade and business. For Arbitration it was foodstuffs; grains of all kinds, cattle and horses, fabrics...anything that the land and its people could provide. For Ordolus it was, as stated before, slaves. This could be of just about any race or even monsters. Some sought specifically for the arena because of their toughness and the show they could provide - in the case of monsters - and many just captured by the raiding crews that set sail from the Bay.

It had been many years but Ebonstar did not remember those ships fondly. Not at all.

It was now almost the eleven thousandth day of games, and he had grown into his majority. In fact, he expected to win his freedom soon. He'd already made his investor more money than was normally possible, and for many more years. Posha, as he was known, was getting old and quite fat. There would be little reason for Ebonstar to remain in his stable, as according to law, he would be free if Posha died. Slaves were not able to be transferred from one investor to another. Though he rarely saw or spoke to Posha, Ebonstar was sure that he would earn his freedom soon. After all, there was a Grand Tournament soon, and should he do well...

"Mistress?" Jelenth turned her head ever so slightly so she could see Meline, her servant.

"Yes Meline? What is so important that you interrupt my bath?"

Jelenth picked up her washing cloth and held it up above her body. Jelenth loved her milk baths. The milky water always reminded Jelenth of soaking in cum or at least diluted cum since if she was in this deep of cum it wouldn't be this thin. Jelenth squeezed the cloth and tilted her head back, letting the dripping water fall upon her ample breasts which were peeking up above the water as she waited for a response. Her servants knew to tread softly when she was taking her bath.

"I...I'm sorry to disturb you m'Lady but I heard a rumor that I thought you would be interested in. It's about...HIM."

"Come closer and tell me what you know."

Jelenth watched as Meline knelt on the floor beside the tub, her head downcast "Sa-Liel, the chamber maid for Lady Tomosina was... visiting...Hutch and mentioned that HE is going to be fighting in a couple of days. Hutch can't come and tell you per your rules so he told me to tell you. Sa-Liel also said that Lady Tomosina thinks his fight might be rigged because he is winning too much and will win his Freedom soon. She didn't care because she said she was going to buy him first and every night he fights."

Meline cringed when she heard Jelenth growl and was silent. Jelenth let the silence fill the room before she spoke again. "You and Hutch have done well. Keep your ears and eyes open and keep me informed. You and Hutch have the rest of the day off and tell cook that you are to have what she was going to feed me tonight. I will be stepping out and might not return tonight. "

Jelenth slowly stood up, the milky water dripping off her breasts down towards her feet as she did so. She held out her hand and Meline immediately stood up help her mistress out of the pool and then dried her off with a heated towel. Afterwards Jelenth indicated that Meline was dismissed.

Jelenth got dressed and as she did so, she thought about HIM. Her Gladiator.

Jelenth looked around and found her target. She walked by him but didn't stop. Before he knew anything had happened, she had gotten her prize from his pocket and slipped it into her secured one. She didn't feel bad about doing it. It was a job. That was it...just a job. 20 minutes later she had dropped off the object and collected her pay. Sometimes this was the worst part. The part when her client might send somebody out to follow her and reclaim her hard earned coin. Well maybe easy earned money but it was hers and she would not give it up.

She left the shop and immediately turned into the dark alley way. By the time she exited her appearance had changed. It was her nature. This time she decided to take on the appearance of the paternal side...a high elf with hair so white it almost had a blue tint to it. Her skin also had a faint blue tint but people would have to look more closely for that.

She smiled as the thought of how her father, Erevan, must have looked when he found out that the Hag he had made a deal with for more insight, bore his a child. Luckily Jelenth, as a Changling, didn't stay with Mother long. As soon as she was able to take a couple of thing she left. She knew that she had to get away from her mother before the lure of the Hag took over. So she left and never stayed with a gang/group for long.

Sometimes she regretted not running with a group but she never seemed to fit in. She kept her Changeling heritage a secret. She was a great retriever of items without relying on those abilities but they did help. They had helped when she saw her Gladiator.

Oh what a sight he was. So tall and had muscles upon muscles. Most people liked him for his skills in the arena but she knew people talked down about him also. They knew what he was, a Tiefling, and didn't want to associate with him unless they could brag about his conquests in the arena or THEIR conquest of him in the bedroom. Some of those nay sayers didn't live long after she heard them talking trash about her Gladiator.

Jelenth had thought of him as "her gladiator" for a long time. She seemed to be drawn to him from the first moment she set eyes upon him and went to the displays after each win so she could look at him without people noticing. Even though she had enough coin to bid on him, she wouldn't. She wanted him, wanted him badly, in her bed but she wouldn't pay for it. He, in her mind, was above that. She had to leave town for awhile and by the time she got back, he was no longer fighting in the arena. The news was devastating. She took out her grief of a missed opportunity by taking on more jobs. Emerging herself in work. By the time she got it out of her system, her pain was a dull ache. Mother would say she was destined to be his. She would have laughed at Mother even if she thought she was telling the truth. Never trust what a Hag says until you analyze it for loopholes and see what the Hags true reason was for telling.

Jelenth broke herself out of her musings. If the rumor was right, she'd have to check it out. That would mean that he should be set free soon and then she could, hopefully, see HIM outside of the arena. Stepping out of her room and sent a message to Morgan to get her carriage ready and accompany her to the Grand Tournament. She wouldn't take a lot of servants with her. Five at the most. Just enough to make her look respectable. Just enough to guard her. Just enough to help her take care of business.

Soon all the preparations had been completed and she stepped into her carriage. "To my dwellings in Ordolus." Her driver, a young man who had more muscles than brains, gave her a deep bow and stepped up into the drivers seat. With a crack of his whip, Jelenth was on her way.

Ordolus. The city which some say never sleeps. The city where one could get almost anything and everything they wanted or desired. The city that housed the gladiator tournaments. The city where she would get to see HIM again. Jelenth's carriage stopped outside her dwelling, only long enough for her guards at her gate to verify it was their mistress. Slowly the carriage moved forward and stopped for Jelenth to get out.

Her presence at her Ordolus estate caused quite the stir. She could hear the rustling of panicked people inside. She smiled knowing full well that they weren't expecting her and now everybody was hurrying up to get things ready. Finally the door opened and her Major Domo stepped out and bowed to her. "Your ladyship. It is good to see you again. Will you be staying long? Are we expecting others to be coming today?"

Jelenth smiled at Domo. She knew that he was dressing her down for not giving proper notice but she didn't care. They had been together for a long time. She actually hired him when she heard his name. It pleased her to have a Major Domo named Domo. It was one of those little quirks of fate that made her happy. "I know Domo. I am a terrible Mistress. Going here and there without letting you know. I came because I heard of the gladiator tournament. I'm not sure how long I will be staying. Tell the staff that I won't be angry with them because I did not give you advance warning of my arrival. I do not believe the house is in shambles because I know you Domo. Do you think that you can get Chef to round up something for me to eat and drink? I will take my bath first. Traveling has left a fine layer of dust on me."

Domo nodded and held the door open for her to enter. His face didn't give any indication if he was pleased with her words or not but they both knew each other well enough to know that he was. He knew her weakness for the gladiator and was going to open up the house this very day. She had just arrived before it could all get done.

"Of course Madam. The maid should be drawing your bath as we speak and Chef will start to prepare your meal. Will you be going out later to the market? If so, I will arrange for the guards to accompany you."

Jelenth waved a hand of dismissal towards Domo. She hadn't made up her mind yet and without food and wine in her belly, she wasn't going to make any decisions about the marketplace. "Have my wine brought up to my bath with perhaps some cheese. I'll decide later if I will go to market place tonight. I will be going tomorrow so you can prepare for that." With those words, Jelenth slowly walked up the winding staircase to her private chambers. Time enough for all that, right now she just needed to relax.

Preparing for the arena was always a ritual. It didn't have to be, but for Ebonstar he made it so. The arena had become his temple, his offerings of blood and steel to whatever gods that mattered. Even for a gladiator he was large in frame and muscular to boot. His devilish heritage, mixed with whatever else his patron had deemed worthy to stick his cock into had seen to that. Ebonstar, though few knew his true name, had simply capitalized on the hand that he had been dealt. Yet even now, so many decades later, he would not forget the faces of those who had taken him and sold him into this life. The fact that they had done so, and he had become so adept at killing was going to come back to haunt them, hunt them down, and feast upon them in deliciously painful ways.

Even as he meditated quietly in his own way, Ebonstar could hear the noise of the city growing beyond the walls. He was sure that gold was flowing, and that Posha would become even more wealthy this day. Yet he cared not about that. Let the man grow fat and lazy. Ebonstar would be free from him soon enough. Secare, ever by his side, had been well oiled and tended to by the young Ardric, the only one of Posh's attendants he trusted with the huge weapon. The youth could barely carry the sword, but Ebonstar had taken him under his wing.

An uproar from the crowd marked the beginning of things and he stood, his eight foot height dangerously close to the ceiling, and he lowered his head to clear his horns from scraping on the pitted plaster. One had been broken. Broken in fact with his capture so long go. A bitter reminder of what could have been. Bouncing a little in place as the long line of fighters passed into the great hall before the arena floor, Ebonstar embraced the emotionless side of himself. That part of himself that disconnected him from this brief primal and mortal world as he grasped his heritage fully. Hellfire burned in his lungs, and he moved forward with the others as the gates opened and they filed out onto the field as brief introductions were made.

Ardric waved to him from where he stood so close by the gate, and Ebonstar did spare the youth a glance before finding himself on the huge expansive of earth, seats rising in rows all around the colosseum. The announcer's voice carried, magically amplified, around the immense amphitheater. It carried on some time, but the crowd fell relatively quiet. Each fighter was introduced, with various people in the crowd cheering or jeering as they were wont to do - likely depending on how they had placed their bets or how they had fared with such bets in the past. When it was his turn he stepped forward and hefted Secare skyward to a raucous roar from the crowd as one of the favorites on this bloodsoaked ground.

Stepping back into line Ebonstar was surprised, as were his fellow fighters, to hear the announcement that the Grand Tournament was being moved forward, and that it would begin today, of all days. Not only that, but that all the fighters available were now presented here. Finally taking a look round he could now see that the number of gladiators was much higher than it might normally be, and Ebonstar knew they had been expecting a busy Tournament. However it was now announced a Finalis Proelium Regium was to take place. A Final Battle Royal in which all participants now present would fight, at once, until only one was standing. This did not mean to the death, though could certainly be taken as such.

Closing his eyes as the announcement was made, a silence filled his mind. He was, in that time, unaware of the crowd and how it had reacted, and instead girded himself for what he knew was to come; more blood for the gods and hopefully, his freedom.

There were benefits to being rich and having a staff that was excellent. Today was one of those days. Word had gotten back that the Arena Fighting was moved up and it had changed. It was to be Battle Royal which meant that everybody was going to be fighting at once. With the speed and efficiency that only well trained servants could pull off, Jelenth found herself only minutes late. That was ok. She was able to clearly see Ebonstar and he was who she came to see. After sending her servants off to make some bets on him, Jelenth sat down and watched the fight.

She hadn't seen a Battle Royal before and found it interesting. She held her breath when four fighters all approached Ebonstar at once. It was the firth gladiator that was approaching from behind that caused her to give a little scream and stand up with her hand over her mouth. When she realized that she had lost her composure, she quickly settled down and sipped on her wine. It was a good thing that her wine glass was sturdy and could endure her gripping it so hard.

Jelenth wasn't sure how she managed to make it through the fight. She saw some of the gladiators didn't make it and had perished during the fight. Ebonstar was still fighting and she couldn't take her eyes off of him. The sun glistening off his sweaty chest. His horns having blood on them as he used his whole body as he fought. Her maid brought out her fan and kept fanning Jelenth to keep her cool. It was a good thing because between her thoughts and the bright sun, Jelenth was certainly burning up.

Throughout the battle Ebonstar kept moving. That was a key for him. He presented a big target, and he couldn't let himself get surrounded. He was fast for his size, and he hit hard. So unlike in a smaller fight he hit to injure and maim then moved on. Others would finish off those he put down. It might seem cruel, but it was easier to do that than to be stuck in one spot delivering a killing blow and being distracted. Warm blood dripped down his horn, drying in the heat.

Eventually his luck ran out and he found himself surrounded. That was to be expected though, and for the first time in a very long time Ebonstar used one of his most potent weapons. It was devastating yet took a lot of energy and was hardly ever needed. As his enemies closed in he growled and summoned up the power of his bloodline, then spewed forth a great gout of flame, turning as he did so as the huge line of flame engulfed those around him, catching clothing, hair and skin aflame in a sticky burning substance that could not so easily be snuffed out. True Hellfire, not some wizard's paltry conjuring. Screams from those who had meant him harm actually pleased him, and realizing then that he now stood alone, the gladiator let out a triumphant roar, bellowing his victory to the sky, to the gods, to his bloodline.

The battle was over and Ebonstar was led back to a much more opulent area after receiving the accolades of the people; the crowd throwing money and flowers and all manner of things onto the killing floor. He had soaked in the praise and now looked about his new surroundings, wondering just who he was to meet.

Throughout the battle Ebonstar kept moving. That was a key for him. He presented a big target, and he couldn't let himself get surrounded. He was fast for his size, and he hit hard. So unlike in a smaller fight he hit to injure and maim then moved on. Others would finish off those he put down. It might seem cruel, but it was easier to do that than to be stuck in one spot delivering a killing blow and being distracted. Warm blood dripped down his horn, drying in the heat.

Eventually his luck ran out and he found himself surrounded. That was to be expected though, and for the first time in a very long time Ebonstar used one of his most potent weapons. It was devastating yet took a lot of energy and was hardly ever needed. As his enemies closed in he growled and summoned up the power of his bloodline, then spewed forth a great gout of flame, turning as he did so as the huge line of flame engulfed those around him, catching clothing, hair and skin aflame in a sticky burning substance that could not so easily be snuffed out. True Hellfire, not some wizard's paltry conjuring. Screams from those who had meant him harm actually pleased him, and realizing then that he now stood alone, the gladiator let out a triumphant roar, bellowing his victory to the sky, to the gods, to his bloodline.

The battle was over and Ebonstar was led back to a much more opulent area after receiving the accolades of the people; the crowd throwing money and flowers and all manner of things onto the killing floor. He had soaked in the praise and now looked about his new surroundings, wondering just who he was to meet.

By the Gods he was magnificent! Few people could make Jelenth forget who or what she was but Ebonstar had. First he was taking on fighters one by one and not killing all of them but letting others take the victory. She didn't think it was a pact that he had worked out for them although that was known to happen. No it was his fighter instinct. Once they were down they were no longer a threat. Let those lesser than him deal with them.

But then...then he found himself surrounded. She held her breath and actually stood up! She felt her heart was in her throat and she was already plotting out who she would have to kill herself if Ebonstar went down. She was shocked, for she had forgotten about the Hellfire, when he stood up tall, inhaled enough to expand his chest out even more and breathed. Such magnificence. Such a display of power!

This time she followed her guide, along with her servants, to another area. This time she might bid for him if it was allowed. Enough things were different this time. THIS time she might actually talk to him.

He had seen this room before, yet this time he was the only one occupying it, the other fighters either out of commission of deceased. Standing tall and proud, his horns almost brushed the ceiling of the presentation hall. His weapon was removed and his armor, all taken to be cleaned and oiled and polished. EbonStar was then stripped naked, his skin still holding the dirt and sweat of the arena floor and the battle he'd seen, spatters of dried blood on his skin.

It was then that those who wanted to bid on him could do so. Females and males alike, all powerful and rich in their own right, were brought into the room. EbonStar watched as they came in, unafraid, knowing that he could crush any of them should he desire to, and knowing that he chose not to. However, there was one thing very different this time, and it was announced by Posha himself.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you, Adramalok "EbonStar" Zoma'il. This is the first time I have ever presented him by his given name, and not merely his gladiator moniker. That is because, fine people of Arbitration, Adramalok is now... free."

EbonStar was as caught by surprise as the others seemed to be. He knew that his freedom was forthcoming, but he had not known that he would be addressed by his name. Posha continued, and this time addressed Adramalok himself.

"You are now free, but still on display. As one last act for me, I would ask that you allow yourself to be bidden upon by those here. As you have conquered the arena floor one last time, so do I request one more conquest as desired by your most loyal fans."

Posha seemed to wait, and it took a moment or two for Adramalok to process what he had heard but he nodded his head in the affirmative and a cheer went up from the gathered crowd. And then... the bidding began.

He had seen this room before, yet this time he was the only one occupying it, the other fighters either out of commission of deceased. Standing tall and proud, his horns almost brushed the ceiling of the presentation hall. His weapon was removed and his armor, all taken to be cleaned and oiled and polished. EbonStar was then stripped naked, his skin still holding the dirt and sweat of the arena floor and the battle he'd seen, spatters of dried blood on his skin.

It was then that those who wanted to bid on him could do so. Females and males alike, all powerful and rich in their own right, were brought into the room. EbonStar watched as they came in, unafraid, knowing that he could crush any of them should he desire to, and knowing that he chose not to. However, there was one thing very different this time, and it was announced by Posha himself.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you, Adramalok "EbonStar" Zoma'il. This is the first time I have ever presented him by his given name, and not merely his gladiator moniker. That is because, fine people of Arbitration, Adramalok is now... free."

EbonStar was as caught by surprise as the others seemed to be. He knew that his freedom was forthcoming, but he had not known that he would be addressed by his name. Posha continued, and this time addressed Adramalok himself.

"You are now free, but still on display. As one last act for me, I would ask that you allow yourself to be bidden upon by those here. As you have conquered the arena floor one last time, so do I request one more conquest as desired by your most loyal fans."

Posha seemed to wait, and it took a moment or two for Adramalok to process what he had heard but he nodded his head in the affirmative and a cheer went up from the gathered crowd. And then... the bidding began.
Adramalok "EbonStar" Zoma'il. It was a worthy name for him. If Jelenth had been Adramalok, she would have been pissed that his full name had been announced. There were many things one could do when you knew a full name. Still it was done and Jelenth would remember his name. This was the last time that she might have with him so she knew that she would break another rule of hers ...she would bid on him. More importantly she would be the top bid for him.

Jelenth wasn't above some subterfuge to get what she wanted. Posha knew that and was on the look out for it. He still almost missed her signal. With an abstract scratching of his neck, he acknowledged that she wanted to win. Posha also knew that she was good for it no matter how much it would cost her. Still he missed seeing some other people bid on Aramalok which she appreciated. Her bidding was discreet. Just enough for people to know that she was bidding. It took forever but she did win the bidding. She just sat in her chair and looked at Aramalok while Posha escorted others out. Right before Posha also exited the room, Jelenth spoke up.

"Posha. He is a free man. Where is his clothes? Get him something to wear and make it decent, not like what you outfit some of the others in. Take your time. I wish to talk to Adramalok." Jelenth knew from the snort that Posha gave, he THOUGHT he knew what kind of talking Jelenth was interested in. Of course she was interested in that too but it wasn't the only thing she was interested in. With a wave of her hand, Jelenth , motioned for Adramalok to have a seat.

"Please have a seat. I am sure you are tired after that display of your prowess. My congratulations on your win and on winning your freedom. Have you thought what else you are going to be doing now that you are free?"

The bidding was lengthy, and partway through Adam realized just who was going to win. It was merely a battle of attrition, and so he took the time to look over his bidder. As he did so a part of his anatomy could be seen reacting to what he saw... His tail, which was normally hidden beneath his armor, slowly moved in a serpentine-like way. He'd learned long ago to hide it under his armor, as it made a convenient handle for his enemies to grab in the arena. It was fairly thin with a spaded tip, and it moved as he observed her.

He was glad it was a female, as he had no taste for males, and compared to him she was tiny. Most were. She was obviously wealthy, and in quite a good physical form, and so he found he did not mind being purchased this last time.

Once the bidding was over and he was left alone with her, Adam was surprised she asked him to sit, but he did so, his nude form settling into the big chair that had been left for him. Glowing red eyes regarded her as she spoke, and slowly he shook his head.

"Long have I thought what I might do with my life, but now that it is upon me, and the possibilities are before me, I am uncertain. My life has years left before me, as my people are long lived. So I could choose to do anything."

Surprisingly, or perhaps not, he was well spoken, and showed an intelligence beyond his outward appearance, It was no wonder he was as good as he was at what he did - he was no mere mindless brute. Though he could be.

"Are you making me an offer?"

Jelenth leaned back in her chair and looked at Adam. She knew he had appraised her already and he must be used to people looking him over.

"An offer? That depends. You obviously have brains and are big enough to be intimidating to most. You are a Tiefling aren't you? How is it that you became involved with Posha? How much do you really know about him? You realize that he will try to get you back into debt or imprisoned? It is his way. He frees somebody and if they aren't careful they quickly become indebted to him again. For instance, the clothes. If you are not dressed when you leave, the law will be waiting to arrest you. If you leave clothed and do not pay Posha, he will arrest you for stealing from him. Any food from now will be charged so before you, or we, leave, it needs to be settled.

First of all, if you wish, I propose us leaving here and go back to one of my places. Then we can talk without being overheard from one of Posha's people."

As the woman spoke Adam pondered her words. She had yet to share her name, but he didn't need it. Her wisdom seemed sound, and Adam got the impression that she knew the laws well. Her words rung true.

"I am Tiefling though... a bit more. More...pure." he explained.

As she asked about how he became involved with Posha, Adam shook his head. He didn't want to talk about that here. Still, he could realize she was trying to help.

"If I accept your help I will also be in your debt, however, I would rather be indebted to you than to the bloodletter." Adam stood, unashamed of the full display.

"You lead and I will follow." he said simply.

Jelenth shook her head. "You would not be in my debt if I hired you or if you just decided to travel with me but we can discuss that later." She would have said more but Posha came into the room then and looked surprised to see them still there. No doubt he was thinking they would have retired to a back chamber for sex or that Jelenth would have left.

"Ahhh, Posha. Good timing. I see that you have clothes for him. Go get his armor and weapons as well as his release papers. I do not wish to stay here too much longer. We have plans for later tonight."

Posha wasn't too happy to hear that but he knew he shouldn't go against Jelenth. "Of course Lady Jelenth. I have his papers on me and his leathers and weaponry should be here by the time he signs it."

"Very good. Adam, do you wish me to look it over or do you trust your own reading and understanding of it before you sign?" Jelenth could tell that there was something in the papers that wouldn't be in Adams favor. Posha particularly reeked of deception. It wasn't surprising but it still didn't mean it was right.

Adam could almost smell the treachery in the air, then the disappointment as Jelenth spoke for him. She'd likely purchase his clothing and weapon, and then they would be his. He gave a nod to Jelenth as she offered to look over the contracts. They would be binding in all of Odulus, and Posha would be trying his best to stop him before he managed to escape the walls of the city.

"I trust you." he told Jelenth, which were words that had never once crossed his lips in all his years with Posha. His clothing, now clean, was laid out, but he frowned.

"I'd like to bathe before getting dressed." he said, indicating the blood and sand still upon his person. Knowing where the bath was, nd not waiting for specific permission, he headed that way.

Adam could almost smell the treachery in the air, then the disappointment as Jelenth spoke for him. She'd likely purchase his clothing and weapon, and then they would be his. He gave a nod to Jelenth as she offered to look over the contracts. They would be binding in all of Odulus, and Posha would be trying his best to stop him before he managed to escape the walls of the city.

"I trust you." he told Jelenth, which were words that had never once crossed his lips in all his years with Posha. His clothing, now clean, was laid out, but he frowned.

"I'd like to bathe before getting dressed." he said, indicating the blood and sand still upon his person. Knowing where the bath was, nd not waiting for specific permission, he headed that way.
Jelenth saw something flit across Adam's eyes. Was that disappointment? What was he disappointed in? Could it be that he wanted to mate with her and that was why? She would have to ask him after they left Posha's. Jelenth watched Adam walk away with a smile on her face. Even with him walking away, she loved how his ass looked.

She heard Posha give a chuckle when he caught her looking at Adam. She turned back towards him and arched an eyebrow. "Posha, you have his contracts right? I have already paid for his clothing, armor and this room. I do hope you will not try to screw us over on his contract or I might have to send a visitor to you later." Posha didn't like it when he got visitors from her. She had to do it once before and he still remembered it. He wasn't sure how she always managed to get through his security but she did. She was not one to cross.

By the time Adam had returned, his contract had arrived as well as the rest of his property. Jelenth was reading the contract but didn't say anything until Adam would have time to read through it. It was his contract after all and being a free man he had the right to read it and make decisions.

"Good timing Adam. Your contract was delivered. If you have any questions let me know if I can help explain it. After it is all signed and we have our copies, we can leave. I would invite you to my place tonight for a meal and perhaps...more."

Adam bathed, scrubbing himself clean. It was a new day now in many ways, and wrapping himself in a clean length of cloth he would reenter the room. His nakedness covered, the sheet did little to truly hide his form, but Adam moved to retake a seat and look over the paperwork.

"I'd like if you would look over it as well. Though I can read and understand well enough, I am sure that Posha included some doublespeak in there." he said, though the fat man had retreated for now.

Looking at Jelenth, Adam was more on her level where he was seated. It did not take him long to consider her offer.

"I'm quite famished, and would love to join you for a mel and perhaps...more." he admitted, and he began to get dressed in the clothing that had been brought, then putting on his newly scrubbed armor and grabbing his weapons.

"Just lead the way." he told her.

Adam bathed, scrubbing himself clean. It was a new day now in many ways, and wrapping himself in a clean length of cloth he would reenter the room. His nakedness covered, the sheet did little to truly hide his form, but Adam moved to retake a seat and look over the paperwork.

"I'd like if you would look over it as well. Though I can read and understand well enough, I am sure that Posha included some doublespeak in there." he said, though the fat man had retreated for now.

Looking at Jelenth, Adam was more on her level where he was seated. It did not take him long to consider her offer.

"I'm quite famished, and would love to join you for a mel and perhaps...more." he admitted, and he began to get dressed in the clothing that had been brought, then putting on his newly scrubbed armor and grabbing his weapons.

"Just lead the way." he told her.

Jelenth gave a little growl of appreciation when she saw Adam in his new clothes and armor. There were few things sexier than a huge muscular man in armor. She smiled and nodded in approval.

"Of course, I will be happy to look it over." Jelenth waited until Adam handed her the contract and read it carefully. The first time she read it, she couldn't find anything. She caught Posha's expression out of the corner of her eyes so she read it again, this time more slowly. She saw that Posha had leaned back in his chair and almost smirked at her. she KNEW there was something she was missing. Finally she saw it. THERE! She smiled and looked over at Adam. "There are three areas that, if it was me, I would change. The first is a phrase that says he gets a percentage of whatever money you make from whatever you do from this point on. The second is that he was billing you for all the expenses of your last fight. That includes what you ate before, rent for the room, any shower you had that day and any food...anything. He knew you would win. The rest of the contract, minus paying him 500 dolares ($500) as a parting fee is typical and normal. I will pay the parting fee so that we can leave and you will be finished with him."

Jelenth handed back the contract to Adam. He could sign it if he wanted to or he could hand it back to Posha and get him to change those conditions. It was up to him and not her place to automatically tell Posha to change it. It was part of being free. Part of being your own self.

Adam looked the contract over as Jelenth pointed out the various stipulations and he gave a nod of his head. Being in debt to her for 500 dolares would be much better than whatever Posha asked for. It was just like him to slip something in there, and Adam casually moved to where Posh sat, then behind him. Leaning down he whispered in the fat man's ear.

"You might find it in your best interest to change that contract. Otherwise it is very possible your men will find you on the floor." he paused and then added softly, "Melted."

Posha knew he could do it too, and now the weight of keeping in captivity a being such as Adam was coming back to bite him. Adam had had plenty of rest, and his Hellfire was quite renewed. The contract was set on the small table in front of the man while Adam kept his position looming over Posha from behind.

There was some reluctance and Posha was slow to act, but as he realized the threat was very real then his options dwindled. Adam had made him a huge amount of money over the years fighting as EbonStar, that trying to squeeze more from him now simply wasn't worth risking his life for. Besides, who knew what the future might bring?

Once things had been rewritten Adam handed the contract back to Jelenth to look over once more.

Adam looked the contract over as Jelenth pointed out the various stipulations and he gave a nod of his head. Being in debt to her for 500 dolares would be much better than whatever Posha asked for. It was just like him to slip something in there, and Adam casually moved to where Posh sat, then behind him. Leaning down he whispered in the fat man's ear.

"You might find it in your best interest to change that contract. Otherwise it is very possible your men will find you on the floor." he paused and then added softly, "Melted."

Posha knew he could do it too, and now the weight of keeping in captivity a being such as Adam was coming back to bite him. Adam had had plenty of rest, and his Hellfire was quite renewed. The contract was set on the small table in front of the man while Adam kept his position looming over Posha from behind.

There was some reluctance and Posha was slow to act, but as he realized the threat was very real then his options dwindled. Adam had made him a huge amount of money over the years fighting as EbonStar, that trying to squeeze more from him now simply wasn't worth risking his life for. Besides, who knew what the future might bring?

Once things had been rewritten Adam handed the contract back to Jelenth to look over once more.

Jelenth tried not to smile when Adam threatened Posha. Even though he spoke low and into Posha's ear, she heard it. Her hearing was better than most. As they waited for Posha to return with the revised contract, Jelenth looked at Adam. "Adam, when we are alone in my carriage, where others cannot hear, would you mind if we talk about things on the way back to my villa? It normally is such a boring ride but I don't think it will be with you in the carriage with me. There should be room enough even for your horns to fit in so you shouldn't be too uncomfortable.'

Before he could answer, Posha was back and Adam was handing her his contract. Jelenth looked through it and nodded. She just didn't look for the revisions but read it all over again in case he tried to slip in another twist. "This looks correct. He took out what we wanted out as well as lowered the cost of your parting fee. Thank you for that Posha. It is now 300 dolares instead of 500. I didn't catch anything wrong." She handed Adam back the contract and let him decide if it would be worth signing or not. She hoped he would. She had her guards already set up for the return trip. "If you sign it, we can get going right away. I am sure you will like to breathe in some fresh air."

The invitation from the woman sounded quite fine, and Adam nodded. His red eyes bored into Posha as Jelenth looked over the new contract and he found the man unable to meet his gaze. When she announced that the new contract looked just fine he signed it and then watched as Jelenth paid the parting fee.

Without another look back at the man he knew he would slay one day he would depart with the woman.

Stopping just outside the walled estate he cast his eyes skyward and took a deep breath. "The first breaths of freedom." he said, and almost visibly relaxed. He turned to Jelenth. "Lead the way." he said.

At last! Jelenth looked at Posha one last time and gave him a smile. It was such a neutral smile. One that any lady of means would give a merchant. Then, she heard Adam say 'lead the way' and she too was ready to depart. "Follow me Adam. My carriage is out front."

She led Adam, for she wasn't sure if he knew the way out since most gladiators were confined to the back sections. Posha didn't normally let his gladiators see too much in case they got it in their heads that they could leave whenever THEY wanted and not when Posha wanted them to. Soon they were out of the colosseum and her carriage was indeed out in front. "Welcome to freedom Adam. Would you like the top up or down? It is approximately 3 hours to my place but we can stop along the way to stretch or eat. About half way there my guards will join us."

Jelenth looked at Adam and gave the orders to adjust the carriage to whatever he desired. Then they were on the journey back to one of her estates. The people in the streets shouted Adam's gladiator name as they spotted him but she didn't turn or bat an eye at it. It was what she had expected. After they left the city gates, she looked at Adam out of the corner of her eye. "Does it get tiring? Hearing the people shouting your name but only seeing the gladiator side of you and not the real you?"

He followed, and watched carefully the path that they took, while his eyes strayed to his new benefactor. She was small, but obviously powerful, and as they would exit the estate he cast his gaze skyward and breathed deep.

"I'd like the top down please." he said politely, wanting to feel the wind on his skin.

The shouts of the people were not surprising, and Adam focused on Jelenth as she spoke. "One gets used to it. My fighting skills have defined my worth. My ability to kill made people love me." he replied simply. He saw no reason why this would change with his freedom. The necessity to kill was a part of life.

"I would really like to eat and to celebrate, but I have a question for you. Why have you taken such an interest in me?" he asked. He was not the sort to shy away from such subjects, and he was curious.

He followed, and watched carefully the path that they took, while his eyes strayed to his new benefactor. She was small, but obviously powerful, and as they would exit the estate he cast his gaze skyward and breathed deep.

"I'd like the top down please." he said politely, wanting to feel the wind on his skin.

The shouts of the people were not surprising, and Adam focused on Jelenth as she spoke. "One gets used to it. My fighting skills have defined my worth. My ability to kill made people love me." he replied simply. He saw no reason why this would change with his freedom. The necessity to kill was a part of life.

"I would really like to eat and to celebrate, but I have a question for you. Why have you taken such an interest in me?" he asked. He was not the sort to shy away from such subjects, and he was curious.

There it was. Why had I take such an interest in him. It was not an easy question to answer. There were various reasons and depths to why had taken an interest in him.

"I suppose you are entitled to somewhat of an explanation." I paused for a bit to enjoy the top being down on the car and the wind as we sped home. I also paused to get my thoughts in the right order. It was one thing to want Adam from a distance but it was another thing to want him when he was next to me. "I doubt that you noticed me during any of your fights nor afterwards when most of the women were bidding for your favors. I was there. I have been a fan of yours ever sine you started fighting. You have a grace and single focus when you're in the ring. It made me think that you thought of it as a job and knew that you did your job well. You mentioned that your fighting skills defined your worth. I don't like that. you are far more than just a fighter some that a rich socialite wants to bed for a night to say she slept with the winner. As much as I want you in a sexual way, I never bid on you until tonight. I wouldn't cheapen you that way. I don't have to pay to have companions and I doubt you do either. I bid on you tonight for a number of reasons. First there is my attraction to you. I will admit it. Second is the fact that I knew if I didn't win, your freedom would be short lived since they do not know how Posha or others do business. THEY are the ones that are victims of society and you are better than that. You deserve a chance to make decisions and not lose your freedom as soon as you gained it. Thirdly I, like you, have hidden talents that others don't have. Although your Hell fire tonight was most impressive and now it is not a secret. All the more reason why they want you back."

Jelenth pulled out a bottle of wine and poured each of them a glass. After handing one to Adam she continued. "I really am not sure what our relationship will be. Will be partners in business? In bed? Both? That also is a discussion that we need to have. I am attracted to you and now that you are free I will not have to fight it as much as I did before but it still is up to you. I will not go to bed with someone who is not attracted to me"

"I appreciate your honesty." he replied to her and without missing a beat he continued. "I find you very attractive. I can't say what sort of partnership we might build, but as far as bedmates I'm sure the desire is there well enough to guarantee that side of things at least." he said with a little smirk. Watching as she poured the wine he took the goblet and downed it in one gulp, his huge frame making the glass look like a teacup.

"How soon you wanna get started?" he asked, that touch a smirk still on his face.

Jelenth smiled and leaned back. "I am ready to start right away but before we get to that I have a couple more questions. One thing is what do you want. For all those years you didn't have a say about when, where, and maybe even HOW you bedded somebody. Now you do. I do not want to be another one of the long list of women who are in your past. I prefer to be your present and future but to have a future YOU need to know yourself. As I said before, there is more to me than what you see. Are you familiar with Changlings? I mean the real Changlings and not the whispered in the dark rumors of what Changlings can do.

I did say that there a couple of things to ask or say to you. That was one. The other one is how are YOU going to handle being in public with a woman. If you find one you are interested in how are you going to handle it? Are you going to just act like you did in the arena? Are you going to learn how to react to people outside of the arena?"

Jelenth let her fingers tilt her goblet of wine tilt a little bit and then let her finger wipe it up before licking the wine off of her fingers. Was she playing with fire? Probably. But she knew what she wanted and it wasn't just before she wanted HIM. She wanted to help him adjust to freedom also. Then she would know if he wanted her for longer than just a quick lay.

Back
Top Bottom