Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Suegro (Mitsuomi and Deathonator)

Adrianalima1-1-1.jpg

Selena didn't answer to the statement, not really sure whether she could believe those words any longer, no matter how much she wanted to. However, his following words lit up her pretty face. ''Alright, great,'' she replied, walking off towards the kitchen, her hips swinging from side to side slightly.

She pulled out the utensils and set them onto the table before returning to face Daren with a smile once again, taking the glass of whiskey. ''Thank you Daren,'' she replied after a brief silence, his words touching her probably more than they shoulder have. She tilted her glass as well before taking the glass's containts into herself in one shot. She was a lightweight and it would most likely get her slightly tipsy, yet she couldn't drink whiskey otherwise. ''This really means a lot to me,'' she murmured, her gaze digging into his one.

He watched her gulp the entire sharing in one move and sprung over to her. "Whoa there cowgirl. Whiskey is good for the stressed, but you can't be THAT stressed." He took her glass, smiling as he put it down, the cooking channel's top chef blabbering his mouth about the right way to cook a certain meal. "We're going to have a little chat about what's..."

"Diiinng...Doonngg..." Daren's speech was cut off by the sounds of his doorbell.

Daren turned, "Ho, that's gotta be Nate. Just set up the table please sweetheart, he's got some explaining to do to us." He said, moving to answer the door.

Daren opened the door to meet his son. "Evenin' Pops." Nathan mumbled, Daren throwing his arms over him like he did Selena, only a bit more aggressive. "Nate! What have you been up to boy. You lost some weight. Good weight. You're not eating right, my man." He said, patting Nathan's stomach roughly, Nathan making faces as he hit. Apparently they hurt somewhat, Daren was rather built.

"I'm sorry I came later than you asked..." He said, Daren walking with him down the hall. "Selena and I were gonna come together, but I think she had a titty attack and went out to meet some..."

The two then came towards the dining room, clearly seeing Selena there... not wherever the fuck Nathan thought.

"Her car's parked in front of the house son." Daren said, worried for his son, he would never tell him, but he looked a bit junkie.

"Selena! Nathan's here!" He said, grabbing Nathan's shoulder, just laughing at seemingly nothing before making his way to the kitchen. "Now we can eat!" Yelled Daren, Nathan looking over at the two glasses of whiskey before entering the dining room.

Adrianalima1-1-1.jpg

Selena winced as the doorbell rang. She would have preferred staying alone with Daren since she didn't want another scene to take place, especially not with Nate's father around. Although, she figured that he was afraid of Daren enough to act like he usually did. Hearing the words, she rolled her eyes, setting the rest of things up on the table, looking like she used to when she and Nathan has just gotten married; caring, busy and smiling. However, at that point it was mostly caused by the alcohol rising to her brain.

''Nate,'' she gave him a polite smile and took a seat as the males did, trying to avoid looking at him. She was afraid to think where he could have been while she was waiting for him with his father.

As mentioned in his message, Daren has prepared lasagna, and he cooked a good one, time and time again. Daren reached over and turned on his stereo, turning off the television while he was at it. Some smooth, relaxing, sometimes mesmerising jazz came onto the dining room, adding a bit of a feeling to the whole scene. "Nate!" Yelled Daren as he brought the large meal over from the kitchen, distributing the food, keeping his fingers off the actual food and being careful not to have it fall apart. "Selena here tells me that you haven't found work yet..."

And so the bomb was dropped.

Nathan's eye twitched as he folded his hands and looked over at Selena.

"Really... oh. Well... maybe she didn't know that I did just get hired the other day. I was going to surprise her." He said, lying through his teeth. "Surprise... honey..."

Daren watched the two of them carefully, sitting beside Selena after pouring them acoholic beverages.

"Well... I have an opening at the-"

"No."

Daren's hand slowly balled into a weak fist and grinded immaginary dust as he looked at the table cloth. "Alright son."

Nate was already in a bad mood. What's new....

Adrianalima1-1-1.jpg

Selena winced slightly as Daren spoke, aware of what would follow. However, she thought that he couldn't blame her; it was entirely his fault that he could't get a job - as though anyone would hire a man that looked like a junkie, not to mention he barely searched.

She raised her cold gaze towards him, meeting his one. ''Oh, isn't that great dear, I'm so proud of you,'' she replied with a defying grin, the alcohol having made her slightly bolder than she usually was. She remained silent through the brief conversation he had with his father, sighing softly before taking a sip from the glass she has been given.

She felt horrible for Daren who continuously tried to help Nate out, while Nathan simply refused everything due to either his stupidity or pride.

Back
Top Bottom