Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Suggestion Toogle Off Auto Emojis

Passion

Fueled
Maybe this was suggested before, but a setting option to turn off auto emojis would be nice. Maybe because I'm a bit older, but I perfer text faces than emojis. The fact I can't send a wink without being forced to send a yellow blob is kinda annoying.

I'm not sure it's so simple as a toggle because of the xenoforo format of the forum. It's definitely possible but would be inconvenient for other users who do like the auto-emoji as the way you would have to do it is rename every emoji manually to a name less likely to be typed.

It might have changed in recent times, but I'm pretty sure that was the case in the past.

Slightly off-topic, but is there any way to add the finger gun (like button) images to the emojis?

Maybe this was suggested before, but a setting option to turn off auto emojis would be nice. Maybe because I'm a bit older, but I prefer text faces than emojis. The fact I can't send a wink without being forced to send a yellow blob is kinda annoying.

100% in favor of this.

It's definitely possible but would be inconvenient for other users who do like the auto-emoji
I wonder if there was a poll, who would win and by how much. I personally think that emojis being there through menu on a writing site in fair, but if majority of people support the feature, then maybe not.

Lmao, I have no idea but if you do put the poll up somewhere just for the sake of seeing which wins, I'll be happy to vote. :p

I'm not sure it's so simple as a toggle because of the xenoforo format of the forum. It's definitely possible but would be inconvenient for other users who do like the auto-emoji as the way you would have to do it is rename every emoji manually to a name less likely to be typed.

It might have changed in recent times, but I'm pretty sure that was the case in the past.
It's not difficult, it would just break the common emojis that were already intentionally posted.

I'm all up for doing it, personally, but it may irritate some people. Put it to a larger discussion, perhaps?

It's not difficult, it would just break the common emojis that were already intentionally posted.

I'm all up for doing it, personally, but it may irritate some people. Put it to a larger discussion, perhaps?

I'd definitely give my 2 cents and vote, be at least interesting to see which is more popular. For me, it doesn't really matter, I do like the emoji but I like the text faces too. If I had to choose, I'd probably choose text faces because it gives slightly more freedom to use symbols without an emoji appearing because you put two of them next to each other that happened to form one.

With all due respect, I don't really understand how turning that off is an issue for anyone.

If you turn it off, you still get to use emojis and emoticons. If you keep the auto setting, people who want to use emoticons basically can't.

I don't think it matters that much that old posts with emojis will turn into emoticons. Its about adding a feature for the user-base which I think trumps all. Besides, people can always edit old posts if it really bothers them - I don't think many will find it an issue to be honest.

With all due respect, I don't really understand how turning that off is an issue for anyone.

If you turn it off, you still get to use emojis and emoticons. If you keep the auto setting, people who want to use emoticons basically can't.

I agree with this and I am also in favor for not having the auto-emoji appear and I think FF puts it rather nicely as they can still use them, they just will not autofill.

I brought up this exact thing some time ago. Frustratingly, didn't really get much response at all.

Am glad it's getting some attention now at least, though! Full support. Either add a toggle for these emojis, or rename them all. Stop autoconversion of plaintext emoticons.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom