Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A house reborn in the light. (5E) OOC NSFW

I’ll be going along with the idea of being a house slave for the Drow, who knows the area and can help them out. Any ideas of how he became a slave to them? I was just thinking that he used to be a sellsword, who wandered around the area.

Most likely way people become Drow slaves is by getting captured during a raid. Drow raids sometimes plunder villages, but are also fond of adventuring groups camping near an underdark entrance. Perhaps your party got caught and ended up on the slave markets?

I think our males (ranger on a spider and the almost gigolo) could have been in the raiding party to capture him as a slave. Not too long ago, a couple of years maximum.

Seeing that Drow live is as long as other elves (although in their violent society it is rare for any individual to live longer than 400 years), Drow begin schooling at age 8, and enter adolescence at age 20 (where they enter an apprenticeship and usually start training in their class). Those who survive the harsh drow culture reach adulthood at age 80.

So, to reply to @Fantasy_Picaresque my druid is around 100 years old at maximum, I think. But could be comfortable by being younger.

And I think they should be in the same age group, no bigger age difference than 20 years between the oldest and youngest -> thus growing closer than any group older or younger than them.

I kind of see the girls hedonist (and drow) enough to keep their closeness by sleeping together usually (for protection too), even if not always having sex. And they could share their males. :D

That sounds perfect!
So, I'll be playing the younger sister, moody and rebellious!

But also perhaps a little too naïve for her own good. Ulvina!

We could go with 80-95-110... Would they have the same mother, maybe the same father (not that drow females would care for the same male that long)?
They could be even closer to each other's age if they was born from different mothers - 10-15 year difference between them are more than enough to have the same mother...

The oldest sister having a male twin, and if he wants to, maybe we can add the other male in too... but he could be from another mother and father too...
(Maybe the ranger would want to be the youngest sister's twin? With my middle sister not having a twin, just 'some' parts of a male?)

So, House Shobalar then?

"The house was uncharacteristically reclusive, even by Menzoberranzan standards, being notable for specializing in arcane magic and producing several female wizards of considerable power.[3] The house guard was made up of magically bred giant spiders.[4] The house was renowned for its spider cavalry.[2] Shobalar maintaned an outpost, Sezz'ia, were they conducted arcane researches[5]Liriel Baenre was given at a young age to House Shobalar by her father, Gromph Baenre, to be trained in the ways of magic.[6]House Shobalar was destroyed around 1379 DR.[5]

Notable (but now dead) Nobles:
Hinkutes'nat Alar Shobalar Matron mother in 1348 DR.[1] (High Priestess of Lloth)​
Xandra Shobalar Third daughter of Hinkutes'nat, Mistress of Magic, instructor of Liriel Baenre.[3] (she had ten sisters. Five of these sisters were wizards.[1])​
Bythnara Shobalar Daughter of Xandra.[8] Killed in 1361 DR by Liriel Baenre.[9] (42 years old when died)​
Pu'Nel Aalar Weapon master.
Vilto'sat Shobalar Captain of the spider cavalry of the house; killed in 1373 DR.[7]"

Then we would be playing around 1380 DR ... Unfortunately around that time Eilistraee kind of died and disappeared for hundred years... (not even able to help her priestesses)
(Maybe one of her last acts was helping us flee the Underdark???)
The Spellplague is kind of a bigger thing (1385 DR1395 DR) in the Realms too...

Last edited:
We could of course simply create our own house, around 1370-75 DR, that way we can still use Alistraee. Plus it gives us more leeway about our family and its future.

We could of course simply create our own house, around 1370-75 DR, that way we can still use Alistraee. Plus it gives us more leeway about our family and its future.
And thus no need to come from Menzoberranzan, there is enough other underdark cities with drow. But do we have the concrete place on the surface wherewe wouldbe playing around? Finding the closest drowcity to that would be preferable. Or we can always say we fleed with the use of magic (surely some one use item that got left behind).

I was thinking the savage frontier in northwestern Faerun, specifically the Delimbiyr Vale. Rugged and largely uninhabited. that would give us many challenges to our new home, but also some privacy. At higher levels the elves of the high forest might become adversarial.

I was thinking the savage frontier in northwestern Faerun, specifically the Delimbiyr Vale. Rugged and largely uninhabited. that would give us many challenges to our new home, but also some privacy. At higher levels the elves of the high forest might become adversarial.
There are some interesting history of the place with being controlled by some demon who attacked Menzoberranzan too, and lost the area in 1369...
Still, that would only make House Shobalar the best choice...

It is not like we would anything to do with the House even if we 'make our own up'. It would just take much time.

I don't mind using Shobalar as a template, or I could write one on the weekend. The main issue being the timing, I'd like Eilistraee to be alive at least at the start. Of course, we could have left before the house's destruction, having been swayed by the actions of Liriel Baenre as we would have seen that play out up close.

I don't mind using Shobalar as a template, or I could write one on the weekend. The main issue being the timing, I'd like Eilistraee to be alive at least at the start. Of course, we could have left before the house's destruction, having been swayed by the actions of Liriel Baenre as we would have seen that play out up close.
Elistrae did help Liriel ... Could be that she helps/helped us flee the city before the House went under. There would be some time while Elistrae would be still able to work with us for some time before she falls silent... (But I think if we have a cleric or any faith focused spellcaster including my druid and the paladin, the low level spells (1st-2nd) could be still accessed by faith alone, and middle level ones (3rd-5th) by some intermediary power... Of course any commune or connect to the god spell wouldn't work.)

Anyway, is everyone is okay me playing a futa too? (Mine has penis and vagina with no obvious balls...) I could go with full female if there are more males than females otherwise...

At this point I think we have three males (Paladin, ranger and the slave) with me and fantastique as two females. Personally I'm not fussed either way, which ever you prefer.

At this point I think we have three males (Paladin, ranger and the slave) with me and fantastique as two females. Personally I'm not fussed either way, which ever you prefer.
The 'slave' wasn't a futa too? (even if not having a pussy?)
I do want to be the third female... but maybe with some extra.

Raku referred to the character as he, so I assumed they were planning male. We'll just wait for their answer. I have no problem with you playing a futa.

Raku referred to the character as he, so I assumed they were planning male. We'll just wait for their answer. I have no problem with you playing a futa.
Yep, maybe I just made an ass out of myself by assuming. Raku did wrote "... thinking of going with a human male or Herm ..." at first.

I do hope we get everyone up to reply and get to starting soon... :)

Yeah, I'm currently working on my character. Still on the fence between going Cleric or Sorlock. Likely the former. Guess it also depends on what Picaresque is playing.

Still weird that one of Eilistraee's domains is light.

Yeah, going to wait to see what fantasy_picaresque wants to play, as I don't want to double up, I made both just in case.

Oh, I'm going semi-dark for a day or two to deal with family. I'll start the game Sunday or Monday.

Just to ask a question posed to me, would people prefer to play on Discord instead of here? I can swing both ways, but I had originally planned the forum.

Back
Top Bottom