Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Blood of Mount Olympus (Greek Mythology RP, open)

nutsacket

Figure me out.

tumblr_inline_nm9d0eqPGP1qgyr4s_1280-removebg-preview.png

A GREEK MYTHOLOGY RP

You don't have to know every single detail about the connections, the background stories and the overall lores that make up the gods, demigods and the mortals. However, general knowledge is very appreciated. Since making up your own original characters – whether it is a god, demigod or mortal –, it is going to be difficult to stay true to the original lores and mythologies.

This group RP will focus mainly on character development, symbolism, conflict and naturally each of the individual gods' and demigods' strengths/powers. Smut is allowed, but keep it in the private messages as it is not necessarily important for the overall plot progression. As I have insinuated earlier in the post, everyone is more than welcome to join – just give your character depth! That's what makes it fun. And of course we all have a shared responsibility to ensure that everyone is included and entertained.

PLAYERS: << 1 >>

RULES

THE OATH

RULE 1: Always follow the site rules!

RULE 2: As this is a (semi-)literate group RP, please don't write one-liners. A paragraph is the minimum here to ensure that everyone puts the same amount of effort into their replies. Try to keep your grammar in check, as well.

RULE 3: Killing other characters is not allowed, which also means that godmodding is under no circumstances allowed. However, you are allowed to kill NPCs.

RULE 4: Be respectful OOC, be nice OOC and have fun!

THE PLOT

In this world's beginning the Gods of Olympus, lead by Zeus of course, defeated the Titans. In the wake of their victory, the last Titan cursed the Gods, and unleashed the Giants on the real world (or Earth, as we know it). Many years later, an army from the East, using the essence of fallen giants to fuel their armies power, descend upon Greece. On the outskirts of Greece, a mortal, Heracles, learns of his heritage as the son of Zeus – but it doesn't end there. One of Hades' children, Zagreus, who is eventually revealed as Heracles' half-brother due to Zeus' well-known infidelity spree, separated at birth and is residing in the Underworld. Having spent most of his immortal life bearing the brunt of his father Hades' repressed frustration and rage, he grew up feeling distant and out of place from the other denizens of the Underworld, partially due to his failing to meet the heavy expectations of his father, and partially his apparent inability to contribute to the running of the Underworld. However, while Zeus watched over Heracles out of love, Hera – Zeus' wife– kept tabs on Zagreus out of pure rage and jealousy. Heracles and Zagreus find themselves at each other's throats as the latter attempts to wreak havoc on Earth and Olympus because of all the frustration and inability to fit in. As discord between the gods escalates and demons from Hades' Underworld threaten the safety of the mortal realm due to Zagreus' escape, the gods and demigods must work to save it all from destruction.

Two questions remain: Will the gods and demigods manage, or will peace and stability as we know it crumble? Can loyalty, friendship and love stand the test of time?

CHARACTER CREATION

RANKING

GODS AND GODDESSES: The gods of Greek mythology are described as having essentially corporeal but ideal bodies. The Ancient Greek gods have many fantastic abilities; most significantly, the gods are not affected by disease, and can be wounded only under highly unusual circumstances. The Greeks considered immortality as the distinctive characteristic of their gods; this immortality, as well as unfading youth. Most gods were associated with specific aspects of life. For example, Aphrodite was the goddess of love and beauty, Ares was the god of war, Hades the ruler of the underworld, and Athena the goddess of wisdom and courage. Many cities also honored the more well-known gods with unusual local rites and associated strange myths with them that were unknown elsewhere.

DEMIGODS: A demigod is a minor deity, sometimes synonymous with the gender-neutral term demideity, but more commonly the term is used to describe a demideity that is male, while demigoddess is the feminine. Demigods usually are the product of intercourse between a human and a deity, though in some cases the term demideity can describe a mortal that has been promoted to a minor deity after death. Demigods typically have powers and abilities that are beyond what is possible for a human, but less than that of a true deity. Besides the gods themselves, only the children of the gods, demigods, can eat ambrosia, but if demigods eat too much, they are said to burn up.

MORTALS: As the name suggests, mortals are what we 'regular' human beings. Mortals cannot become gods or demigods; But certain gods have the power to grant one godhood. They don’t do this often, unless a god has specific gratitude toward someone. This was VERY rare in the Greek mythology, but some managed to do it. Dionysus, the god of Wine, was once a mortal.

MONSTERS (NPCs): There is a realm in Greek mythology where eerily creatures and monsters live their own lives. They are born and die in special ways and live to torment and challenge the lives of mortals and Gods. The monsters of Greek mythology are non-existent creatures, unreal, created entirely by the ruthless human imagination. Each monster usually combines some realistic elements of various existing creatures and other imaginary characteristics; they usually appear in secondary roles in Greek myths; being an obstacle to great heroes that they need to overcome or, less often, coming to their aid.

Keep in mind that in Greek Mythology, everyone is connected to each other somehow! There's plenty of directions everyone's situationships can go. Also, feel free to set up your character sheet however way you like, but please include the information below:

CHARACTER SHEET

TYPE OF BEING: Mortal, demigod, god, monster etc.
NAME: Write your full name here, and if it symbolises anything – add that too! Eg. Apollo, ss a sun god, he was called “Phoebus,” or “bright".
RESIDENCE: (we can make a more thorough 'world' once I create the group).
APPEARANCE: Feel free to use a face claim (preferred) – if you cannot find any that suits your liking, feel free to use your words.

POWERS: If you have any, describe it here. It can be connected to your name, or heritage/connections. Feel free to describe what choice of weapons your being is known for, if any.
BACKGROUND/INFORMATION: Write a biography, describe your personality, your traits and what makes your character who they are.
JOB/RESPONSIBILITY: As an example, if your character is a god, their responsibilities/job could be connected to their powers. If your character is a mortal, it could be a regular job like a nurse or a medic.

ADDED INFORMATION: Any extras you would like to add, like fun facts or myths about your character.

SITUATIONSHIPS: List any connections you have with other characters in this group RP – remember to include the character's full name.

LOOKING FOR: List any other connection you want your character to have.

ROLES

GODS AND GODDESSES
DEMIGODS
MORTALS
MONSTERS (NPCs)
Goddess Hera x @nutsacket

Keep in mind that this is just an interest check thread. A group forum will be created if there are enough people interested, and I'll plot the relevant links in here and write an update when it happens.
Please comment if you are interested.

The date of when this role-play will start can be discussed, as well as where in the timeline the role-play should take place.

I've tried to play Calais in several ancient Greek online RP groups, and I'm up for trying again if anyone's interested in MxM. Calais a demigod that was one of the argonauts and Orpheus main boyfriend.

EKYP2YFUYAAnUlT

I'd also enjoy playing a satyr.

I've tried to play Calais in several ancient Greek online RP groups, and I'm up for trying again if anyone's interested in MxM. Calais a demigod that was one of the argonauts and Orpheus main boyfriend.

EKYP2YFUYAAnUlT

I'd also enjoy playing a satyr.
I know someone expressed interested in an earlier thread about having a LGBTQ+ character, so hopefully it will work out this time!

I might as well throw my hat into the ring. I am not exactly sure who I want to play yet, but someone like Odysseus or Theseus could be fun.

Ah, I’m so sorry guys! I got completely caught up in my vacation. I will try to make the group thread by this week, if you guys are interested still!

This sounds very Blood of Zeus-y. Which is a good thing. Could be interested if I could find a character that would be a good fit.

Back
Top Bottom