Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Question Necro and bumping threads

smilingshadow

I was a phoenix, but I've gone up in flames now
Withdrawn
Hey there

Could someone explain to me what necro-ing threads mean (if I've got that right) and the concept behind a limited number of bumps? I was reading the guidelines and I didn't understand much, so it would be helpful to know.
Also if I were to post a request thread, how many times would I be able to bump it? Is it restricted per week/month or so, or is it that I can't bump it at all after a certain number of bumps?

Thank you
Cheers

Do not necro old threads. Threads posted in the Introductions and Questions & Suggestions forums are considered “dead” and should not be posted in after 7 days. Threads in all other forums (other than your own Request Threads) are considered “dead” after one month. The only section this does not apply to is Forum Games.

It does not apply to RTs

It does not apply to RTs
Thanks for the response.
But does that mean that I should not post in a threads in the Intro and Q&S forums after a week? That includes replying to anyone I've had a chain of replies with on that thread as well?

If the thread is over seven days old, per the rule, you shouldn't post in it. If you have a question or a suggestion, you can post a new question for Q&S.

And if you have been talking to people, it should be fine. Forum games doesn't count and I think some of the other OOC is allowed as well. Where were you looking to reply on in particular? ^^

Ah I see, thank you for explaining, I appreciate it!

And well for replying, I was just having a small chat with a mod on my intro thread, and well now here with you haha. So I was curious to know if it would expire while replying as well.
Your name seems so familiar, were you in GP by any chance? I had to ask sorry, but I feel like I might have spoken to you before under perhaps another name. It'd be an amazing coincidence if it were so!

My pleasure! I didn't know what GP is. ^^

No worries, GP (Guilty Pleasures) was a roleplaying site which I was on before. There was a lady of the name Siren there and she was quite interesting to speak to!
So yes, your name reminded me of her and I thought of asking! Nothing serious to dwell on however.

Back
Top Bottom