Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

‐ ƒ𝕖𝕣𝕒𝕝'𝕀 π•€π•™π•–π•Ÿπ•’π•Ÿπ•šπ•˜π•’π•Ÿπ•€ || Ι’Κ€α΄€α΄˜ΚœΙͺα΄„s & α΄›ΚœΙͺΙ΄Ι’s ||

September 26, 2022

ΟƒΠΈ Ρ‚Π½ΞΉΡ• βˆ‚Ξ±Ρƒ...
I ought to take my mind off of work for a bit.

This is a mood. What does this mean? Open to interpretations.

tumblr_2d92e1904f46ac8c6da8630f1dd5d52e_8577000d_1280.jpg

FdG-9ZVWAAILFiM.jpg

FdSlRzuXoAAgakr.jpg

September 27, 2022

ΟƒΠΈ Ρ‚Π½ΞΉΡ• βˆ‚Ξ±Ρƒ...
Welp, and just like that, my thing for Yae Miko is back again. Might make graphics with this. Maybe this weekend. We'll see.

yae_miko_genshin_impact_drawn_by_m_alexa__3b57990ae781bbe210de78d3152bb867.jpg

yae_miko_genshin_impact_drawn_by_m_alexa__4ba53faaac9aed0266e2a97bbc163377.jpg

yae_miko_genshin_impact_drawn_by_m_alexa__e66febd2823d8cb09c7aafef11a7f8b8.jpg

yae_miko_genshin_impact_drawn_by_m_alexa__85423b7396530c71478b010187db3887.jpg

October 1, 2022

ΟƒΠΈ Ρ‚Π½ΞΉΡ• βˆ‚Ξ±Ρƒ...
RJ inspired me to do something in black and white!

...Well, it started out in black and white...

what i ended up going with
pfpv1.png

the b&w version
pfpv2.png

original
base.jpg

September 26, 2022

ΟƒΠΈ Ρ‚Π½ΞΉΡ• βˆ‚Ξ±Ρƒ...
I ought to take my mind off of work for a bit.

This is a mood. What does this mean? Open to interpretations.

tumblr_2d92e1904f46ac8c6da8630f1dd5d52e_8577000d_1280.jpg

FdG-9ZVWAAILFiM.jpg

FdSlRzuXoAAgakr.jpg
Perhaps you have a thing for Vastayans that are loosely/unconventionally dressed πŸ€”

Although how can you not like the third one

Perhaps you have a thing for Vastayans that are loosely/unconventionally dressed πŸ€”

Although how can you not like the third one
truthfully, i havent played league (not counting tft) in forever. but vastayans :grabbyhands:

truthfully, i havent played league (not counting tft) in forever. but vastayans :grabbyhands:
I haven't played since about June or whenever it was right before the new ADC came out. It comes and goes... but it always comes back. The urge to play.

October 6, 2022

part 1 of new gfx series - full resolution

approx. 4 hours

-render
-slight flip on the render for better banner positioning
-color adjustments
-background piece
-additional background texture for 'ice wyvern' theme
-minor brushwork for shading/light

the animation took some effort
-11 frames
-draw light glow from left to light
-light increase in opacity
-brushwork on the horns/hair to interact with the lighting

technically, with this bright of light, it should reflect on the face and possibly on that helmet as well, but that's difficult to make look right without a ton more drawing. I'm satisfied having just the hair/horns interact with the light.

ver1:
shyvfull.gif

ver2:
shyvfulldrake.gif

original:
wei-jie-wang-4.jpg

Ruined Shyv and its looking good!
thank you c:

October 7, 2022

part 2 of new gfx series - full resolution

approx. 5 hours

-liquify adjustments to the face
-render
-reposition the render for better banner positioning
-color adjustments
-background piece
-repositioned chains
-so, so so so much coloring on the chains. that's like 10+ layers
-a lot of blurring
-minor brushwork for shading/light

animation
-32 frames
-I cheated the last 8 frames or so because I really wanted a full circle
-did a glow effect to accompany those frames to make the rapid spin look more 'natural'
-a lot of drawing on her hair, plumage, clothing to interact with light

It's a little bit too subtle, but honestly, back light makes no sense for me. So it's more a tribute at the 'here i did something about the light' than anything even higher effort.

fin:
leblancfull.gif

picture with just facial restructuring if anyone want it:
peakpx2.png

original:
peakpx.jpg

October 10, 2022

ΟƒΠΈ Ρ‚Π½ΞΉΡ• βˆ‚Ξ±Ρƒ...
new sig, I sized it down while working with it instead of exporting, so don't have a bigger size. oops, lesson learned

base video is warring kingdom Katarina from Wild Rift. I didn't do anything fancy with the animation.

-color grading
-selective color adjustment
-idk how to describe this - put a shape on it...?
-signature flashes every time light flares

the only thing I don't like about it is the edge. I can see the pixels. Normally, I would blur a layer under that layer to take care of that. However, gif breaks that every time I do it and makes it choppy again. I'm guessing this is just a gif problem.

sig.05double.gif

Last edited:
October 10, 2022

ΟƒΠΈ Ρ‚Π½ΞΉΡ• βˆ‚Ξ±Ρƒ...
new sig, I sized it down while working with it instead of exporting, so don't have a bigger size. oops, lesson learned

base video is warring kingdom Katarina from Wild Rift. I didn't do anything fancy with the animation.

-color grading
-selective color adjustment
-idk how to describe this - put a shape on it...?
-signature flashes every time light flares

the only thing I don't like about it is the edge. I can see the pixels. Normally, I would blur a layer under that layer to take care of that. However, gif breaks that every time I do it and makes it choppy again. I'm guessing this is just a gif problem.
ΟƒΠΈ Ρ‚Π½ΞΉΡ• βˆ‚Ξ±Ρƒ...

sig.05double.gif
This would've been a great idea if your name had been visible the whole time. The large circle really takes away from the name which is/should be the centerpiece to a signature. Or if you had kept the gif a rectangle and cut out your name so it was transparent. Very neat idea though, just needs some refining.

This would've been a great idea if your name had been visible the whole time. The large circle really takes away from the name which is/should be the centerpiece to a signature. Or if you had kept the gif a rectangle and cut out your name so it was transparent. Very neat idea though, just needs some refining.
Thanks, I'm always interested in different opinions c:

That being said, I'm actually not sure if the name always has to be the centerpiece of a signature. Here's the thought process on that - Katarina is an assassin, blink and you miss it sort of type. That's kind of the angle I'm going for with the name as well, it blinks in on the light flare and disappears after. I did a version below with your suggestion just for comparison. To me, although that highlights the signature, that's less interesting than playing off of her class, but I supposed that's where subjective preferences come in.

sigalwayson.gif

Now what I actually want to do is something like this...but my god it pixelates so badly at 200height

sigrose200.gif

that's probably my only complaint with gif, unless there's an obvious solution I'm missing. I can get those pixels to smooth out if I size it way up or use png, but on gif it just looks mega doomed.

That being said, I'm actually not sure if the name always has to be the centerpiece of a signature. Here's the thought process on that - Katarina is an assassin, blink and you miss it sort of type. That's kind of the angle I'm going for with the name as well, it blinks in on the light flare and disappears after. I did a version below with your suggestion just for comparison. To me, although that highlights the signature, that's less interesting than playing off of her class, but I supposed that's where subjective preferences come in.

sigalwayson.gif

Now what I actually want to do is something like this...but my god it pixelates so badly at 200height

sigrose200.gif

that's probably my only complaint with gif, unless there's an obvious solution I'm missing. I can get those pixels to smooth out if I size it way up or use a pnc, but on gif it just looks mega doomed.

Hey! If you're using Photoshop ---

sigalwayson.gif

sigrose200.gif

that's probably my only complaint with gif, unless there's an obvious solution I'm missing. I can get those pixels to smooth out if I size it way up or use png, but on gif it just looks mega doomed.
If that's what you're going for, I get it. It's just the giant circle making it look like FOL that throws me off. I would definitely suggest perhaps keeping the gif in original form and having your name flash in the animation instead of having the F and L stand out. Just my opinion, of course.

I have completed my training in masochism. Thanks to @Retrojapan & @Saber for some photoshop talk.

FIN:
whyamiamasochist.gif

edits from prior draft:
1. feathering for a cleaner border - RJ
2. text is on screen longer to reduce circle uptime - Saber

additional feral exercises in masochistm
1. E&R now interact with the lens flare
2. I...I created & erased some 30 odd frames to have her hop 'over' the text.

Hubs is about to check me into gfx anonymous, help.

October 13, 2022

new set :3 making everything match orange is hard work >.>

pfp fin:
pfpfin.png

9d4134536b06af70.jpg

banner fin:
bannerfin.png

original:
jun-seong-park-13-retouched-2.jpg

I want a Kat pfp to match the set but didn't find one I like...

sleepyferal notes:
1. blur the cornea
2. maybe change cyan of tat to something else

Last edited:
October 26, 2022

Bunny bullied me and told me my previous pfp looks like master shake...from teen aqua hunger force ;_;

So I had to make a new one out of principle, because feral is feral!

So there's this saying in graphic editing - If you go deep enough, and if you are picky enough, you just kind of start...drawing. I um. I have nothing to say to that.

fin:
pfp2.2.png

zoomed in for comparison...
comparison.png

here's what I started with...
c66db9c9642ce5e21afaf387cacd1045.jpg

light version:
pfp2c.png

October 29, 2022

So...confession time. I don't think I've worked with real people like...pretty much ever?

Which makes it a fun challenge!

fin
pfp.png

practice run. I like gifs. the background on this is a little too busy and fixing this much light source is waaaaay too much effort
practice2.gif

banner
banner4.png

I'm honestly really lukewarm about the banner. It started out as a video, and looked way cooler, but converting it to a gif at that resolution just lost so many pixels it was like urgggggg

But hey, new challenge complete. c:

Oh! I like it. :3

October 31, 2022

I'm not gonna play a gatcha game I'm not gonna play a gatcha game I'm not gonna play a gatcha game...

Goddammit why are CN gatcha games so pretty ;;

pfp:
pfp3.png
pfp.png

me: i'm gonna stop making everything a gif. also me: making more gifs. fml
pfp-gif.08loopfullborder.gif
pfp-gifrecolor.gif

banner:
zoya4knosig.png

banner2:
zoya4k.png

Last edited: