Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Recording a professional voicemail greeting?

nickhobson19

Meteorite
Hey everybody, I'm recording a voicemail greeting for myself for the first time in a few years. I've previously been fine not having one, but now with work and college-going on, I can't always get the phone when it rings, and I want people who call me to know I value what they have to say and be able to leave a message here. I was thinking something along the lines of:

Hi, I hope you are doing great, I’m not available to answer your call at the right moment, I will return to you as soon as possible, please record your Name, Phone Number and leave a quick message after the tone. Thanks for calling.

How does that sound? Too formal? I'm going for "business professional", as the majority of the time it's my boss or my school calling.

I've had to do this a few times! Keeping it short and simple is usually best. "Hi, you've reached X. I'm unavailable at the moment, but leave your name and number and I will get back to you as soon as possible. Have a great day!" is usually my go-to. Practice it a couple times with enthusiasm in your tone, and it'll go well! My first few attempts I sounded like a robot, haha!

Back
Top Bottom