Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

ค ຟคlk iຖ thē pคrk | ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀʀᴋ

aeline

𝒟𝒶𝓎𝒹𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓂𝑒𝓇
Supporter

THE PARK
Click the link ^ to see what you can do in the park!

Remember to post the day/date, time & involved characters

I might create a new park thread once this is too messy, so let's try to keep the roleplays here to early-mid November!

November 2nd | 8:12 AM | Jack's Diner

"You ever thought about going home back to your mother? There's hardly a difference between here and Russia, you'll still live in poverty." The older, and bearded man in his mid to late fifties sat in disheveled clothing with his knitted cap on across from Leonid, probably one of the last remaining souls that'd known his brother on a first name basis. Leonid stared out the window from his seat, wearing a black wool overcoat and a knitted sweater covering a long sleeve shirt underneath. He glanced back towards his counterpart as they spoke in their native tongue. "I don't have any money to go back, and it would be like nothing had ever changed." His older mentor went on "I remember when your brother sent you on that job, and you came back shot in the abdomen. I kept telling you that you should go to the hospital, but you wouldn't. Taking one look at you, I didn't think you'd survive the night." It was a memory Leonid long remembered, and one he didn't like repeating in his head. He'd never felt so ill in his life and so close to death.

tumblr_pegtx18PbP1rt5fq2o1_500.gifv

Taking ahold of his coffee mug for a sip, he'd set it back aside and work his way out of the booth with a three dollar tip being left behind. Leonid had been having an existential crisis ever since he'd lost his brother. He had meaning when he was around, even though he was always the one being suggested by his brother to do the more dangerous jobs while he took the credit, he looked after him and was like a guide. Now that he's gone, he's left to wander aimlessly as a Vitaly soldier. Finding himself with no hopes of ever being able to.

November 2nd | 8:37 AM | The Park
@p r i s m
One of the places Leonid wandered aimlessly was the park. It was a sight that'd gave him a sense of no right or wrong, internal peace that he'd longed for, even if temporary. The bitter morning cold should subside soon as his body adjusted, nothing that he couldn't handle. Especially from the clothes he wore, it'd gave him a fighting chance. He walked past ordinary people, sometimes with their kids enjoying the park and what it'd to offer on the sunny morning. He sometimes envied them as it'd reminded him of simple times. Often, he'd contemplated on how it was he became the man that he was. Jaded by years of misfortune brought upon him. If only they'd knew of the underground world that they were sheltered from, but then again he wished they never knew. It was a life he wouldn't wish upon, but it was the cards that he'd been dealt with and now the honorable thing for him to do is to take his chances.

Though, he still often or not misses his brother. He consoles with his mother regularly at night as she knew what he was caught up in, but is powerless to stop him. The thought of his mother had him producing a cigarette from the packet in his pocket which pursed around his lips, igniting the tobacco which he'd taken a deep drag throughout his walk. His feet clapped into the concrete trail, taking great care to exhale the toxins into the opposite direction from any crowds or gatherings. He saw a couple of kids laughing and jumping through a park bench with their mother watching cautiously, and this had brought him to smile a little as he could vaguely remember his mother doing the same for him and his brother.

tumblr_pegtiuACpq1rt5fq2o1_500.gifv

His walk eventually came to a stop along the bridge that'd overlooked the lake. His body turned inwards towards the running water as some folks had taken the liberty to occupy a boat or two and row out in the middle of this small lake. His elbows propped up on the concrete barrier with his head sort of perked down. He'd usually come to a stop at this bridge more often than not to clear his head and contemplate about his decisions in life that'd led him to this point. One not worth thinking too long about, but it was the only way that could bring him any form of relief. Staring down at his own reflection while occasionally glancing to his right and left for anyone that might be sneaking up on him or following him.

November 2nd | 8:43 AM | The Park

Leonid was lost in his own world, delving into the possibilities of what would happen if certain scenarios had played out the way they should've or what had occurred that led him to be standing here all the while. Some perseverance can be blamed with finding one's self or just going through one's programming like in his case. He didn't see where he'd find himself in the next three years, not like any of them were good options that he could think of. As he leaned up against the stone bend of the railing, taking a meager drag from his cancer stick with some toxins being expelled from his lips, the man's eyes went wide like saucers when he felt a hand grab at his wool black coat, sending his arms to snare around the shaft of the railing for dear life at the loss of his cigarette tumbling down into the water below.

"Choyrt!" Leonid exasperated in more surprise than out of anger. His alert state was taking in everything, had his brother's assassin's come to take him down as well? Was it somebody who hated the Vitalys? Any of the possibilities he had were squashed within a nanosecond as he'd turned around to find a woman sprawled on her back. The moment he looked down at Harper, it was like the methodical and calm anger to really hurt somebody had all but dissipated. He became concerned for Harper, propelling his body up off the railing and moving to kneel beside her right flank.

His face had on a young complexion despite what his age might say. The bright green eyes staring down into Harper's with his heavily accent sounding voice emitting with a hint of worry lingering behind his words.
"Ba'am, are you alright?!" He'd ask. Meaning to say 'ma'am', his English was decent but not where it should be and so had called her 'ba'am' instead. This didn't take away his genuine concern in his facial expression as his hands reached down to gently go to their stations, with his right grasping her right arm and his left offering back support for her upper back. He didn't want to lug her on her own feet, but rather have her stand by herself with his offering support.

@p r i s m

new-york-city-in-autumn-central-park-vivienne-gucwa.jpg
@p r i s m
image.jpg

Leonid's adrenaline decreased dramatically when the misunderstanding could be easily explained, something that he wasn't all that much offended by. His hands reached over to snare across her lower back as she'd rose, which slowly parted away when she'd placed a non-artificial gap between them. His head shook from right to left, his voice lowering which gave his English some improvement now that he was able to think before he spoke so it didn't sound like a butchered language. "Don't be sorry, accident. I understand." He was very forgiving in nature, as he'd found himself fumbling about from time to time which was always embarrassing, even for a soldier in the Vitalys. On the outside, he was a stone cold killer, but inside it wasn't really who he was or saw himself as. He became at eased when her free hand grabbed ahold of the concrete railing, which was undoubtedly cool to the touch.
sergej-bodrov-citati-zhizn-gibel_3.jpg

Upon her own intuition of asking him if he too was okay. This sort of question had a reaction of him giving her a slightly shy looking smile as he looked on brushing off the accident like it wasn't all that big of a deal, which it truly wasn't. "Oh-- heh.." He exhales out, his right hand reaching up to brush his hair that was a bit out of place more towards the right.
"I'm fine, just startled, really.. you look like you don't sleep much." Says Leonid as he leaned up into the railing with his hands curling into a ball, twiddling his thumbs. He studied her body language and felt like he was picking out features in where she was probably very weary from something. It could just be him and she's wide awake, but it still didn't leave his mind.

When Leonid spoke, it wasn't like a tea kettle sound or a baritone, but it was a healthy sum of both which gave him a nice, soothing tone. His aura gave off something that made him very easy to approach until it was switched off. The longer he stared at the woman however, the more he started to come to recognize her from somewhere. This was potentially coincedence, but one that'd brought on to him that made him think God had a sense of humor. He gestured with his right hand which quickly vanished in the warm outer pocket of his wool coat.
"This is going to sound odd, but were you at a Halloween party a couple days ago?" He'd ask, trying to mentally picture himself there again, sitting in solitude and stood up by a female tram conductor. It was there he could've sworn he'd made out an image of a woman wearing some type of sleeveless outfit with a face resembling of the person that stood before him right now.

Leonid had regret partially having been the one to point out her lack of sleep, which he'd wished he could've taken it back though was thankful that she didn't seem too bothered by his poignant observation. It was a travesty that such a beautiful day was being wasted on the negative energy that seamlessly followed him around until he'd locked his gaze with Harper, only trying to keep it limited so as she didn't try picking up on it, but to no avail. She was even more stunning up close than he could even imagine! Even without her costume, and he'd be willing to bet green money she'd look just as stunning without the makeup as well. She was alluring just to look at, and Leonid felt guilty as he didn't want her to feel judged or uncomfortable.

His body remain leaned up against the concrete railing, unable to read into the poor woman's mind of her traumatic abuse she'd to put up with. Had he'd known, maybe he would've taken a different approach. Leonid wasn't the kind of man to harm his significant other physically nor' emotionally, and just the idea that somebody out there that could hurt this poor woman would've been enough to turn on his apathetic switch and do what needed to be done before the lines of dispatching somebody to make whoever her counterpart was to leave her alone for good.
24aca26c_o.jpeg
Though that was a discussion of another time, since he had zero idea about her own past trauma. Instead, he was fixated on her expression when she'd sparkled her gaze upon recalling where it was they'd once seen their familiarity from. He smiled brightly with his white teeth exposed, nodding vigorously.
"Yeah-yeah! I was stood up by woman that was going to meet with me, and so I try to have fun. But I wasn't used to the costumes, and.. I-I don't like the music." He says, admitting the last bit in a stammer as he tried to hold back his own sign of laughter at the ridiculous reasoning of his early departure.

Leonid reached over to her extended hand almost as quickly as she'd presented it, though his fingers softly snared around her hand and gently shook it. His fingers were callused and somewhat rough, though with the amount of grip that he could apply he was holding back a lot of it for a comforted handshake.
"Harper? I'm Leonid, nice to meet you." He says rather softly, his warm smile almost permanently printed on his face when his fingers slowly unravel from her hand after the brief handshake to be re-buried back in his jacket. "I don't know what your plan is this morning-.." His accent coming into play while he tried to articulate the words as best as he could for her to understand. "But would you like to get a coffee with me? I feel like the Universe would want us to." He says with a sign of laughter, referring to the thought that some higher power had brought them to meet once again, not making it a coincidence.

Leonid was careful taking certain words into real meaning, so when Harper playfully flirted with him it'd caused his lips to curl brightly into a warm smile back at her. Though he graciously accepted the compliment, he didn't press it. It was just nice hearing it from somebody like her, something to take his mind out from his own self destructive tendencies. He felt extraordinarily calm around her, it was almost zen in nature as compared to his usual mood which while it wasn't violent was more or less somber. A trait which he brought with him from Russia. So while he didn't smile as often, if he did then it was meaningful.
new-york-new-york-city-best-parks-central-park-bow-bridge.jpg

"I came from Jack's Diner right across the street from the park." Leonid's voice softly mentioned, pointing by lifting the flap in his wool overcoat into the direction where she was actually heading towards, looking back over at her with non-verbal approval to the idea. While he'd already eaten, just two pieces of toast, he did have a little bit of money to get his own coffee. Though he wasn't going to deny her offering to pay his meal, a gift which he'd humbly accepted with his head nodding and his smile being sustained. "If only you insist, I do not think an apology is needed, but I won't deny free coffee." He was already in the sway of walking along side her with his smile slowly dissipating, but not frowning neither.
@p r i s m

November 2nd | 9:15 AM | Jack's Diner

Crossing the street always seemed nerve wrecking, to which Leonid playfully says through his accent. "I always hate crossing the street this early in the morning, even on crosswalk." He spoke a little louder so he wouldn't be muffled by others talking loud around them and the sound of cars honking. "People trying to get to work become eager and want to run you over." He said with a sign of laughter before they finally reached the glass doors of a classic looking retro design of the diner from the outside. Though slightly renovated on the inside, they'd retained some of their old classic features like Coca-Cola knickknacks, a plethora of old record discs mounted on the walls behind the counter and a jukebox that seemingly still worked. But it was blended in with new flat screen televisions playing the morning news.
new-apollo-diner-2020.jpg

Leonid had opened the door first before her, allowing her to enter first as a courtesy while following in after her. It'd seemed like he was a regular, because the older African American gentleman behind the counter recognized him almost immediately.
"Hey'a Leonid, ya'h lose somethin'?" To which Leonid shook his head, "Hi Roy, no we just wanted to get out of cold and have some coffee." The older man smiled behind his beard as he chuckled, "Hey well y'know where ya'h usually sit at, ay'll have someone bring ya'll some menus." Which had Leonid smiling, working his way over towards a booth that was closer towards the back of the diner near the bathrooms at the end of the rows of booths, and he'd always sat with his back towards the wall.

Sitting across from her, Leonid sighed with relief from the comfort of the booth as his arms folded inwards, propping his elbows up on the table as he gazed back over at her with a softer gaze.
"I like coming here. It's close to my home, and it's cheap. But also good food, and I think the coffee is better here than Starbucks." A woman wandered over, who also had a southern drawl to her voice as she'd carried with her two red booklets and greeted. "Well good morning you two! I'm Eliza, and I'll be your server. What can I get you two to drink?" The beaming red headed woman's smile could probably melt stone if given the chance. Leonid bobbed his head with a soft nod and a light smile, "Could I have just a coffee, please?" To which she'd scribble on her notepad. "You sure can, sweetheart. And for you, dear?" Turning to Harper to where she'd also extract her order as well, nodding lightly at the pair. "I'll be right back with your drinks." The shining woman then took her notepad with her and that energy elsewhere through out the establishment.

Leonid watched her leave, turning towards Harper for a second before he'd avert his eyes towards the table. He couldn't help holding a true gaze for very long, being the shy character he was. His hands rubbing against his arms as he'd broke the silence shortly after their jubilant server had left.
"So were you from here originally? What'd you do for a living?"

Back
Top Bottom