Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Iconic Heroes or Saving the World...Again (OOC)

lightsenshi

Captain Oblivious!
"The Tarrasque is attacking, it must be Tuesday."

So, you're the group of four heroes who once saved the world. Only it turns out that saving the world came with a curse of it's own. The first being that no one remembers that you did it, or at least no one can put the events together in a way that identifies you. The second is a far different sort of curse: one where if you don't have sex at least once a day then you suffer from a series of debilitating effects.

But now, you're being called on to save the world once again. Maybe this time, you'll actually get credit for it.

What I'm looking for:
I'm looking for three players, who are not only interested in the system but also ideas for plot advancement. I have a basic idea, but I'd like player input so as to avoid cliche as much as possible.
I'll be contributing a male character (summoner or white mage, depending) as well as keeping the story moving. And yes, I'll be doing the GM stuff too.

Speaking of system:
I'm aiming for the Final Fantasy d20 system, which is a variant of Pathfinder. As I've also got the Book of Passion lying around, that'll be available for player use.
It'll be a 30 point buy, character level 20, no multi-classing. In addition, you'll have Immortality Talent (found under White Mage and Black Mage) for free.
You'll have 2 traits and 880k in gil to spend. Either a Recovery Bracer or Ring of Renewal are strongly recommended.

Starting out:
The group as a whole will have an airship of some sort for purposes of travel.

Before I start building a character and such, is there any sort of limit on say, class, race, gender, etc? Are you looking for any sort of specific character types?

I am planning on having a Master Caller (Summoner class archtype)
Before I start building a character and such, is there any sort of limit on say, class, race, gender, etc? Are you looking for any sort of specific character types?

Aside from what I've listed above, no. If it's on the site, it should be okay.

I'm still planning my Elvaan Archer. Do you have a preferred character sheet or whatnot?

I went ahead and put my character up in the thread, feel free to reference. I'd forgotten how long a 20th level character took to build.....

I will build my character tomorrow. Was curious what we have so far other than Light's char.

I am def thinking if playing a princess but on debate of going white mage, blue mage, or dancer.

I am thinking Mithra/Miqo'te where the mother is of course the cat of the two parents and the father could be hyur/hume or elezen.

My Elvaan archer is nearly done. Admittedly, I haven’t really dug into the other classes, but holy moley. She’s a beast. Incredibly mobile while making full attacks vs touch AC with her longbow, each arrow having the ability to deal no-save ability damage.

Whoever wrote these rules loves archers.

I'm leaning toward having combat be Final Fantasy 9 style, rather than using a map and grid. For those of you who haven't played FF9 (or the earlier versions), all active characters (or monsters) form a single line. Here's a video for reference.

My interpretation of that is along the following lines, and please provide feedback.
  • All PCs will act first, from the highest initiative bonus to the lowest.
  • NPCs will act second, also from the highest initiative bonus to the lowest.
  • Rather than moving on a grid map, all area effect attacks (or heals/buffs) will effect the entire group. Single target will remain unaffected.

update: So finished my character Also wanted to run this idea by everyone to see the feels and if I should change or adjust anything.

Elizabeth is the daughter to a king and queen. Her father is hyur/hume/human whatever you want to call it XD and mother was a mithra/miqo'te (cat person)

She would be a white mage due to following her mother and being close to her deity Shiva. Basically it is why I took an ice form for one of my spells. I figure when she loses it in some points she can turn on her ice form spell then do a burst of energy and float with flight.

Kind of like how the ff16 trailer shows characters holding summons within them but more of her transforming into a form similar to her deity than actually having a way to call forth shiva.

I gave her flying feats figuring her father would often let her go with a trusted relative to travel and do trades. This allowed her to gain experience and learn how to pilot an airship. I plan to have her start with hinderances since she would have not been doing the sex every day thing cause she did not realize that part of the curse and thought Oh im just weak and clumsy.

Think personality like a mix of Rinoa from ff8 and Zelda from Breath of the Wild Specifically.

I was curious also on if anyone wanted to start linking backstories if this is chill so since we are suppose to be a formed group from before already we could know and connect our characters in some way and form.

Last edited:
Princess, did you buy any gear? That’s what I’m working on with my archer and it always takes me time. I see a Power Staff, but I don’t see anything to shore up your defenses or materia or whatnot.

Lol nope XP white mages cant wear any armor

As a 20th level character, you have 880k to spend on gear. Said gear would have been acquired over the course of the last saving the world quest line. You're not going to have to worry about lifestyle, as I'm assuming you have enough gil left over from before to pay for that.

And she'll also know that she's not weak and clumsy, but actively suffering from non-dispellable status effects. Of course, if she wants to tell herself that she's weak and clumsy; then that's up to you.

Lol yeah I was not sure what to buy. As for the non dispellable effects i think it would be funny with her dad now

DOES MY DAUGHTER STILL HAVE HER VIRGINITY.......*looks at her clearly with some kind of hindering curse* Yes Yes she does

Last edited:
def would I am going to have to sit down and work on them

been kind of grinding my ffxiv char atm. I got a pm to respond to as well about rp ideas XD

if you want just pm or add my discord since i get those easily all day.

If anyone has any questions, thoughts, or ideas; please feel free to start tossing them out.

Back
Top Bottom