Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Iconic Heroes or Saving the World...Again

lightsenshi

Captain Oblivious!
"The Tarrasque is attacking, it must be Tuesday."

So, you're the group of four heroes who once saved the world. Only it turns out that saving the world came with a curse of it's own. The first being that no one remembers that you did it, or at least no one can put the events together in a way that identifies you. The second is a far different sort of curse: one where if you don't have sex at least once a day then you suffer from a series of debilitating effects.

But now, you're being called on to save the world once again. Maybe this time, you'll actually get credit for it.

What I'm looking for:
I'm looking for three players, who are not only interested in the system but also ideas for plot advancement. I have a basic idea, but I'd like player input so as to avoid cliche as much as possible.
I'll be contributing a male character (summoner or white mage, depending) as well as keeping the story moving. And yes, I'll be doing the GM stuff too.

Speaking of system:
I'm aiming for the Final Fantasy d20 system, which is a variant of Pathfinder. As I've also got the Book of Passion lying around, that'll be available for player use.
It'll be a 30 point buy, character level 20, no multi-classing. Yes, we'll cover the crunchy bits assuming the game gets off of the ground.

What you'll (the PCs) be getting:
Other than the recognition, you'll be getting the curses lifted. Other than that, I'm sure the Gods will bestow a wish/miracle/divine intervention upon you. You may even end up with some form of godhood yourself (if that's what you're wanting).

Last edited:
Interested! I see the system has Gunbreakers which I'd like to try.

The Elvaan aren't typically known as archers. Strong and brash, they're more likely to bash a bastard orc in the face than fire an arrow into them. It is to the grave disappointment of her parents that Catalia breaks the mold. She's dedicated herself to mastering the bow, and is a prodigious talent, for all the good it's done her. Despite saving the world, she's curses to lie with whomever is available, ruining her chances for a fortuitous pairing, even more than her fascination with a weapon better suited for some Viera harlot than an Elvaan noblewoman.

e4dd076cf6956f899831919660125e98.jpg

Well, two is a good start. I'm thinking we'll first want to decide if we want to use one of the existing FF worlds, or have one we've collectively created that's unique to our story. In the case of the former, we'll have to stick to races that come from that world.

I'm thinking that the PCs will start in a small village (that was the end point of their last quest chain), which comes under attack by a powerful monster. Part of plot development will depend on which world we're on, and I'm thinking that we're going to have some degree of shared background. So once we get to backstory, there's plenty of room to build relationships and rivalries as we desire.

I'll be happy to field any questions you have and well as ideas you'd like to see included.

This sounds fun!

I'm thinking of writing up a Temporal Knight! I'll have it up tonight or tommorrow, still have some projects to finish.

Well, two is a good start. I'm thinking we'll first want to decide if we want to use one of the existing FF worlds, or have one we've collectively created that's unique to our story. In the case of the former, we'll have to stick to races that come from that world.

I'm thinking that the PCs will start in a small village (that was the end point of their last quest chain), which comes under attack by a powerful monster. Part of plot development will depend on which world we're on, and I'm thinking that we're going to have some degree of shared background. So once we get to backstory, there's plenty of room to build relationships and rivalries as we desire.

I'll be happy to field any questions you have and well as ideas you'd like to see included.
I don’t have enough knowledge about the official FFd20 world to have a strong opinion on it. I just based the vague background on the racial description for the Elvaan.

My vote would be just to used the rule set and races and do our own world, just for the freedom it affords. That said, I’m fine with reading up on the canon.

I don’t have enough knowledge about the official FFd20 world to have a strong opinion on it. I just based the vague background on the racial description for the Elvaan.

My vote would be just to used the rule set and races and do our own world, just for the freedom it affords. That said, I’m fine with reading up on the canon.

I was thinking along the lines of having our own world, but that's going to put a bit more on everyone to come up with plot ideas. So, what I'd really like this moment is an idea what race/class you're planning as well as your preferred world (if any). There's a bit more information that I'd like to have before getting too much further into the process.

I do know that I'm planning on giving everyone the Immortality Talent (found under White Mage and Black Mage) for free. That's what you go for winning last time. I'm also leaning toward someone having an item that's basically an infinite use Bend Space and Time (i.e. Greater Teleport). so travel won't be an issue.

Airship is fine with me if that's what everyone wants; as I was more or less planning on glossing over travel.

I'll wait another day or so before moving to the various threads needed for the game. I hope to see you all there.

I am actually interested a bit in this. My curiosity is the activity or if we are going to have a specific day we post. Was thinking of playing some king or pirate's child. Since it was said saving the world already once i am guessing she was 18 when they first saved it so she can be the youngest she can be but still not be any issues rp wise or ooc wise for me. I enjoy playing twenty year olds so figured this would make it work out pretty easily. She probably would have kept with her friends who saved the world as much as she could unless kind of forced into having to help with a ship or kingdom.

I’m not sure we’ve progressed to talking about posting schedule. Hop over to the OOC thread and give your opinions.

And if there’s any setting where an 18-20 year old can be a veritable demigod of power, it’s Final Fantasy.

I am actually interested a bit in this. My curiosity is the activity or if we are going to have a specific day we post. Was thinking of playing some king or pirate's child. Since it was said saving the world already once i am guessing she was 18 when they first saved it so she can be the youngest she can be but still not be any issues rp wise or ooc wise for me. I enjoy playing twenty year olds so figured this would make it work out pretty easily. She probably would have kept with her friends who saved the world as much as she could unless kind of forced into having to help with a ship or kingdom.

I typically post at least once a day, so that would be good. If you can only post on the weekdays or something, I can work with that. If you're interested, I think I can work with five instead of four; but we'll have to stick to that group size.

There's going to be a few years (how much is up for discussion) between the original event and now. We haven't even started discussing backstory yet.

Think I finished my character.

I did it in roll20 if anyone else wants to use that room pm me and I can give ya a link for it.

I am going to be making a picture char sheet since it will make it easy to show and kind of pretty.

Her name is Elizabeth and she is a Mithra/Miqo'te. Technically her father is hume/human

She also has feats geared to group support and the airship along with keeping herself alive.

Miqo'te.600.2731096.jpg costume3.png
art is from Chubymi

the outfit I wear on my main char in ffxiv i feel will be her usual attire.

Back
Top Bottom