Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mass Effect (Recruiting)

DaddyzGirl

Planetoid
Daco_4937180.png

Time Line
Mass-effect-3-reapers.jpg Citadel_repairing.jpg
On December 2, 2186 CE The Second Battle for Earth ends when Commander John Shepard of the Systems Alliance utilizes the energy of the Crucible to effectively destroy the Reapers and ends the cycle of harvesting organic life. The resulting explosion rendered nearly all synthetic life across the galaxy inert, as well as severely damaging the mass relays and the Citadel for a time. This day became known as Heroes Triumph, a intergalactic day of celebration that memorializes the lost and the ultimate shared victory of the Reaper. For self reliant world still in contact with their respectful governments, celebration and a renewal of a semblance of normality began. Despite this monumental victory, the lack of mass relays caused a total collapse of galactic economy that devastated Citadel Council races shared infrastructure. Knowing isolated worlds would be starved of supplies, the Citadel Council scramble as much resources as possible to to repair mass relays and reconnect Council races, taking four years to completely restore the old interstellar network they were so dependent on. Priority repairs on relays that connected Council races home worlds came before the less populated outliers.

While the galaxy focused rebuilding it's infrastructure, the Citadel was being repaired and the Citadel Council reestablished itself on the station. Each classic members returned to their previous positions on the Council; The
Asari Republics as the leading diplomatic force, The Salarian Union intelligence services and research, and The Turian Hierarchy as the peacekeeping branch. Additionally Human System

Alliance was welcomed back onto the council, becoming a increasingly influential member due to forging the bonds that won the war, and the Citadels location above Earth. For the most part the reluctance of the races joining forces during the war were quickly discarded, though certain groups blamed the others for the great loss of life. Special acceptance of The Quarian Commonwealth (Migrant Fleet) into the Council was made from their fleets involvement against the reaper. The Quarian Commonwealth went on to recolonize their home world, and form a new government.

Batarian refugees were splintered throughout Citadel space, though a great majority returned to remake the fallen Batarian Hegemony. The Batarian population was split between desiring to make amends with the Citadel Council, or further isolating itself further in fundamentalist religious extremes during It's reconstruction. It remains to be seen which view will ultimately occur, though The Hegemony is considered a minimal threat to the Citadel Council. Their have been many voices in the council chamber proposing to interfere in Batarian's restructuring, final decision is pending.

After the curing of the genophage, the remaining Krogan chose Urdnot Wrex to be their new Emperor. Upon Wrex taking the throne, and he formed the first united coalition of Krogan since the rebellion. The rebuilding of Tuchanka, and the restoration of Krogan society became their primary focus. Naturally the Krogan's began to expand their influence, bring back old fears of a second war.

During this short but intense four years of disconnection, extreme food, water and medical supply shortages were critical plaguing the stranded worlds of the galactic
community. Without the ability to reach distant stars, many isolated planets were struggling to survive without their governments support. Starvation, civil unrest, and an overall breakdown of society resulted from the severe situation, giving rise to an unprecedented increase in piracy, crime, and raiding in the modern Era.

2925343-5.png mass-effect-human-squadmates-an-analysis.jpg

Character Creation

Citadel Races: Asari, Drell, Elcor, Hanar, Human, Salarian, Turian, Volus, Quarian
Non-Citadel Races: Vorcha, Krogan, Raloi

Last edited:
I haven't played Andromeda (maybe good?), but I loved the original games and am up for this.

I was thinking of pitching a standalone space group, but most of my ideas could be worked into Mass Effect as a base. I would suggest though that rather than the Reapers being an imminent threat, instead they're not really due for 1k-2k years so the rp can pretty well ignore their existence other than passing mention of the Protheans and such. Then we can just focus on first contacts and Milky Way intrigue.

I have two big ideas. One is a former rogue planet that recently got collected in a star's orbit, and the other is a first contact with some more sentient aliens out in the terminus systems.

Would love to hear more on proposed "group" structure, status relationships, and what kind of story tone (more slice of life or adventure?), but am definitely intrigued.

Hey All! I outlined a cohesive setting that I hope sounds fun for your guys, I intend to expand on it as we go.
Would love to hear more on proposed "group" structure, status relationships, and what kind of story tone (more slice of life or adventure?), but am definitely intrigued.
I imagine a mix between slice of life and adventure. I think focusing their character on living life on the Citadel/Omega or going off completing missions that your character would be doing awesome either way. Personally I enjoy both, and I see myself in participating in missions as well as taking it slow at times and exploring the characters and their relationships more intensely.

Group structure wise, I think limiting our primary locations to a handful of placed would really help make sure we have a reason to be encountering each other, such as Omega and the Citadel. Of course if someone as a specific mission or event in mind we can always support that too. Overall tone I'd like the character to be within reason, and fit in the Mass effect universe, respecting basic lore ideas and having a realistic way about how things operate.

I would be very interested in doing a group rp within the Mass Effect universe. One of my all time favourite fandoms. Very keen on joining up, possibly as a human.

That's great to hear! It's also one of my favorite fandoms and the Legendary Edition just makes me want to play an rp based in the setting even more. My first character will also be a human, female bounty hunter/outlaw I think. Just a heads up, I'm going to be super buy the next three days. I'll try to continue to add onto the thread but expect some flakiness tell Monday. :)

I'd be interested in doing this. I'd love to play as a human, Turian or Krogan if someone would enjoy like to be an Asari character. Would love to play characters that were separated by the war and reconnecting.

The idea of this roleplay is very exciting! I haven't been able to sink any time into the Legendary Edition yet, but I have been buying stuff from Bioware Gear left and right for the past month (LOL). I would be interested in this as well, playing as an Asari or female Turian.

Back
Top Bottom