Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Professional Wrestling Discussion Thread (WWE, TNA, etc.)

Srsly.

Fake fighting, Not entertaining.

Giving two hobo's knives after starving them for a month or more and having em fight for like a years supply of burgers, entertainment.

My Pylons.

That's a very narrow minded and stereotypical view of wrestling my friend. First off, it's not all entirely fake. Sure, the outcomes of matches are predetermined, but the ammount of effort the athletes put into giving their fans a good show is very real and some of them have gotten really hurt in some instances. Also, if you've watch those daytime dramas like General Hospital or All my Children, you would find that the storytelling isn't much diffrent than that of WWE's storytelling.

3ngag3 said:
That's a very narrow minded and stereotypical view of wrestling my friend. First off, it's not all entirely fake. Sure, the outcomes of matches are predetermined, but the ammount of effort the athletes put into giving their fans a good show is very real and some of them have gotten really hurt in some instances. Also, if you've watch those daytime dramas like General Hospital or All my Children, you would find that the storytelling isn't much diffrent than that of WWE's storytelling.
So you watch soap operas with oily near-naked men. Super! Way to convince me wrestling is worthwhile!

*Facepalm*

I'm making a comparison you dopes!

Take this recent angle for example.

Shawn Michaels, a face who has been working in the company for more than 20 years is falling on hard times financially. He turns to a heel JBL who is, in real life, a wall street expert. JBL promises to secure Michaels finances in exchange for his services, mainly getting him a heavyweight championship. Throughout the weeks, Michaels is forced to degrade himself in front of his fans because he knows that in the end, he will get paid. Eventually, JBL makes him an offer. Beat JBL at an upcoming PPV and he will let Michaels go with a hefty severance package. Lose and he takes ownership of his name and assets for life.

Now does that not make for an interesting storyline?

3ngag3 said:
*Facepalm*

I'm making a comparison you dopes!

Take this recent angle for example.

Shawn Michaels, a face who has been working in the company for more than 20 years is falling on hard times financially. He turns to a heel JBL who is, in real life, a wall street expert. JBL promises to secure Michaels finances in exchange for his services, mainly getting him a heavyweight championship. Throughout the weeks, Michaels is forced to degrade himself in front of his fans because he knows that in the end, he will get paid. Eventually, JBL makes him an offer. Beat JBL at an upcoming PPV and he will let Michaels go with a hefty severance package. Lose and he takes ownership of his name and assets for life.

Now does that not make for an interesting storyline?
No, it's trite and cliche.

3ngag3 said:
So are a lot of shows on television. I don't hear you complaining about them though.
I haven't seen anyone make a thread about them. Also, that's the main reason I don't watch TV.

Because not everyone must post about those shows.

because they know Trygon will use his genetic hate for...almost anything, to come up with a witty response to the topic.

3ngag3 said:

AHAHAHA! Great example. A professional wrestler on TV is falling on hard times. GREAT PREMISE TO START WITH. TOTALLY BELIEVABLE.

Seriously, if you're going to watch fighting, why not watch REAL fighting? It cuts out the horrible stupid plots, the baaaaad acting, and the so-very-obviously fake fighting.

While it's clearly obvious that these guys do unbelievably bad acting, (examples include Hulk Hogan's slip of the tongue, Brock Lesnar dropping the WWE belt at one time and others) these guys do the things they do for a living much like everyone else. The only difference between them and us is that they're pretty much glorified stuntmen. Much can also be said about ECW, as well, but they really break the boundaries as to how much punishment a human body can withstand in regards to some of their matches. Would I recommend someone falling off a 15-foot-high ladder and plummet through a stack of tables that do nothing more than soften the impact of the landing by about point-five percent? Absolutely not, unless if you're that much of a brain-dead moron that's wanting to prove they can be on MTV's Jackass.

Would I also recommend someone getting chokeslammed off of a 20-foot-high fenced cell cage and crash through the Spanish announcer's table? Again, absolutely not. Besides, those warning messages are displayed before the beginning of every major PPV for a reason: To tell you NOT to do the things they do.

Now, I'm not saying this to sound like an admonishing Catholic school marm (Because hey, I watch it. It's about the only thing I can tolerate these days) and sound all like, "It's bad for you!" or what-the-fuck-ever, but sometimes, not a lot of people are interested in talking about wrestling.

Back
Top Bottom