Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Can I get a review of my Request Thread design?

Which do you like better?

• New thread looks great!

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • New thread is better but needs work (leave a comment on what)

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Old thread is better

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Saucywench

Moon
*** This is not a RP request or a question about content. I am only looking for design and style advice ***

I am revamping my request thread because so many people have really cool looking ones! My main areas of concern are: approachable- Do I seem approachable and friendly based on the thread design? It's not off putting or intimidating? (not the content, just the way it is designed)- Is it accessible? Easy to find the important information and navigate on computer and phone? - Does it look pretty and it's not too long?

I, for one, personally enjoy the new layout over the old. It's neat, slightly simplistic to other advanced designs, without being too... intimidating? Overall, I think it looks great. My only recommendation is to add some color to your text, either by coloring your accordion texts, maybe change the font colors to separate all the white(I'm on Shades of Blue, so whatever the other default color is). If you'd like to add fancy text to your accordion titles you can go here. (๐“ช๐“ซ๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ฝ ๐“ถ๐“ฎ , ๐–†๐–‡๐–”๐–š๐–™ ๐–’๐–Š, etc. ) I know this is pickier than anything, just didn't want to leave without some type of constructive criticism. Most of all though, the thanks for coming w/ NFSW links is what breaks the ice and makes you feel friendly and approachable. Wishin' ya the best in your search!(y)

I, for one, personally enjoy the new layout over the old. It's neat, slightly simplistic to other advanced designs, without being too... intimidating? Overall, I think it looks great. My only recommendation is to add some color to your text, either by coloring your accordion texts, maybe change the font colors to separate all the white(I'm on Shades of Blue, so whatever the other default color is). If you'd like to add fancy text to your accordion titles you can go here. (๐“ช๐“ซ๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ฝ ๐“ถ๐“ฎ , ๐–†๐–‡๐–”๐–š๐–™ ๐–’๐–Š, etc. ) I know this is pickier than anything, just didn't want to leave without some type of constructive criticism. Most of all though, the thanks for coming w/ NFSW links is what breaks the ice and makes you feel friendly and approachable. Wishin' ya the best in your search!(y)
Thanks! I have been wondering how people made all the fancy text styles... Yeah, Intimidating is not quite the right word but it's the only one I have. I know I've seen threads where there is just SO much that I am overwhelmed and even if I share kinks with that person I'm left feeling hesitant like they might be kinda intense to roleplay with. But on the other side, I've seen threads that look like they don't care and I worry that they won't put any effort into the roleplay either. I want to strike a balance between casual and high-maintenance, lol. I'm on the default color scheme for the website, so I'm not sure what the others look like, but I'll experiment with the other colors.

It looks ok to me. I didn't read the "Read this First" section first as I always jump straight to the person's idea to see if they actually have any. I also don't follow instructions lol.

To be honest it makes no difference to me if a RT is all flashy or not. I want to know I am compatible with the person and if they have ideas so I know I won't be carrying the whole thing. Sometimes they can be too flashy and hard to navigate or they have all these bells and whistles without having any ideas or important information.

You seem approachable if someone thought they had things in common with you.

The info appears easily accessible too.

*** This is not a RP request or a question about content. I am only looking for design and style advice ***

I am revamping my request thread because so many people have really cool looking ones! My main areas of concern are: approachable- Do I seem approachable and friendly based on the thread design? It's not off putting or intimidating? (not the content, just the way it is designed)- Is it accessible? Easy to find the important information and navigate on computer and phone? - Does it look pretty and it's not too long?
Its a significant improvement over the old version. 10/10!

One thing I recommend is using an image hosting service for your images so that you don't have the attachment thumbnail in the bottom of your posts. I recommend imgur (doesn't allow NSFW) or imgbb.

One thing I recommend is using an image hosting service for your images so that you don't have the attachment thumbnail in the bottom of your posts. I recommend imgur (doesn't allow NSFW) or imgbb.

I would agree with Fruit (which is always a good strategy in my book anyway!).

My one comment would be that in the "Writing Style" Tab, I might insert a line break between each sentence, just because otherwise its a block of text.

I think these are important points - stuff that rp partners always want a good handle on like post length, regularity, and your position on things like god-modding.

It might pay to make sure they read as distinct and clear points.

Otherwise 10/10 - look super, and a definite improvement on the old one!

Actually, Imgur does allow NSFW as long as you make them private. They're still viewable if you link them to any forum or IM service.

It looks ok to me. I didn't read the "Read this First" section first as I always jump straight to the person's idea to see if they actually have any. I also don't follow instructions lol.

To be honest it makes no difference to me if a RT is all flashy or not. I want to know I am compatible with the person and if they have ideas so I know I won't be carrying the whole thing. Sometimes they can be too flashy and hard to navigate or they have all these bells and whistles without having any ideas or important information.

You seem approachable if someone thought they had things in common with you.

The info appears easily accessible too.
I figure there will always be people who skip stuff, but at least it is there, right? I tried, lol.

I actually use Imgur a lot for my character and poses! It was figuring out how to put an image right in without it being a clickable link that ended up giving me trouble, I had to search around a bit to find the right button/setting, but I have fixed it now, thanks! I really hated those little attachment things at the bottom.

I would agree with Fruit (which is always a good strategy in my book anyway!).

My one comment would be that in the "Writing Style" Tab, I might insert a line break between each sentence, just because otherwise its a block of text.

I think these are important points - stuff that rp partners always want a good handle on like post length, regularity, and your position on things like god-modding.

It might pay to make sure they read as distinct and clear points.

Otherwise 10/10 - look super, and a definite improvement on the old one!
I would like to make them bullet points because I don't like too much unnecessary spacing, and I've been chasing down code that is causing inconsistent spacing. I'll make a few changes and see if that helps with the read-ability because I agree, I don't like the block of text but I'm also a little scared to mess it up at this point, lol.

I would like to make them bullet points because I don't like too much unnecessary spacing, and I've been chasing down code that is causing inconsistent spacing. I'll make a few changes and see if that helps with the read-ability because I agree, I don't like the block of text but I'm also a little scared to mess it up at this point, lol.

Completely understand the urge not to mess things up, lol!

Please ignore if its too much trouble. It was simply an observation - you're still getting all the points across!

Completely understand the urge not to mess things up, lol!

Please ignore if its too much trouble. It was simply an observation - you're still getting all the points across!
Nah, I like getting opinions, and I actually managed to fix it! I hope... Now I just have to figure out the color thing and see if it improves it, and how it looks on the other default site color-scheme.

FWIW I think it's over designed.

The purpose of a request thread is to help someone determine if they'd be a good RP match with you. So when you evaluate a request thread, the question should always be: is this helping someone determine if they'r ea good RP match with me. Here are things I think are getting in the way:
  • Getting through your thread requires multiple clicks. A single click to expand spoiler tags to reveal more detail is fine, but you're hiding basic detail behind at least one click which is a bit of a hassle.
  • In general your text is frequently formatted in a way that makes it hard to read. Some of your text is centered, which is annoying and difficult to read because the eye has to work harder to move to the next line. In other places it's justified, which is hard to read in its own way (justified text has uneven spacing, which makes the eye and mind have to work a bit harder). In another place it is both bold and underlined, which is just straight up causing me eye strain.

FWIW I think it's over designed.

The purpose of a request thread is to help someone determine if they'd be a good RP match with you. So when you evaluate a request thread, the question should always be: is this helping someone determine if they'r ea good RP match with me. Here are things I think are getting in the way:
  • Getting through your thread requires multiple clicks. A single click to expand spoiler tags to reveal more detail is fine, but you're hiding basic detail behind at least one click which is a bit of a hassle.
  • In general your text is frequently formatted in a way that makes it hard to read. Some of your text is centered, which is annoying and difficult to read because the eye has to work harder to move to the next line. In other places it's justified, which is hard to read in its own way (justified text has uneven spacing, which makes the eye and mind have to work a bit harder). In another place it is both bold and underlined, which is just straight up causing me eye strain.
I can see how some people might not like having to click, but I think it keeps it well organized and makes it easy to find the section they might be looking for, which is important to me. I prefer the organization to the amount of scrolling I had to do on my own thread, as well as some of the large scrolling threads I've seen. Everyone has a preference, and hopefully for the people who like organized information, in a way it shows they will probably like how I roleplay.

Though I think I agree that I need to left align all my text, even in the spoilers. And I will investigate different ways to add emphasis, which was the point of both bold and underline: I want it to be clear that it is important.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom