Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Recast TChalla

Aqua_Star

Star
My friends of blue moon, just less than a year ago, we lost a great man, Chadwick Boseman. Emotions were high then and many people wanted to honor him and retire the character. Many still hold that opinion, and I am not here to shame them. But another great many have cooled and become okay with the idea of recasting TChalla. However Marvel Studios plans to move ahead with another Panther for Wakanda Forever. This okay, but TChalla must not be killed off.

TChalla is black history. He was made to challenge the status quo and make a stand alone black hero who can fight alongside Captain America and have a genius level discussion with Mr Fantastic. Sixty years of black comic history is TChalla and cannot be sidelined or transplanted. TChalla must live. Boseman signed on for three Black Panther movies and who knows how many avengers or other marvel projects. We must respect this belief in the character. And recasting would forever immortalize Boseman as the standard bearer of a character like Adam West and Christopher Reeves.

If you agree with me, please follow the link and sign the petition. Then spread as far as you can on social media: #RecastTChalla. If you do not agree, I respect your opinion, and feel free to give your side.

Wakanda Forever!

Tried to sign the petition but while I'm comfortable adding in my name, I'm not quite comfortable with my exact postal code going into it. I do agree that recasting the character is not a bad thing, as much as people want to honour the actor roles like this that have long predated the man can and should be recast. Nobody will forget his portrayal, that is already immortalised but people love the character and want to see more of him.

Tried to sign the petition but while I'm comfortable adding in my name, I'm not quite comfortable with my exact postal code going into it. I do agree that recasting the character is not a bad thing, as much as people want to honour the actor roles like this that have long predated the man can and should be recast. Nobody will forget his portrayal, that is already immortalised but people love the character and want to see more of him.

I'm of the opinion, for what it's worth, there's a proper mourning period, like there was with Heath Ledger and the Joker (though obviously to a greater extent). Ryan Coogler and those in his orbit for the films may wish to take the next film as its own thing without T'Challa so thing have had time to settle, before eventual recasting.

We should see T'Challa again, but a short break for the character is something that works, IMO

I could definitely agree with that, there is no reason to thrust him back into the limelight unless he was integral to the plot, which unfortunately does happen sometimes. Fortunately the Joker was done in that example, he died in that movie, but T'Challa still may have an important role to play if the actor signed on for so many movies so it's really on a case by case basis.

I could definitely agree with that, there is no reason to thrust him back into the limelight unless he was integral to the plot, which unfortunately does happen sometimes. Fortunately the Joker was done in that example, he died in that movie, but T'Challa still may have an important role to play if the actor signed on for so many movies so it's really on a case by case basis.
I was pretty sure Dark Knight ended with Joker just being captured?

but agreed. Granted, plans can change and be rewritten, I think the character is enough of an icon to deserve onscreen closure. Only Coogler, Feige and the others know for now

Yeah, you're right, he was captured, I was thinking of the Jack Nicholson Joker for that particular part of my post for whatever reason. >.>

I do agree that plans can be changed and rewritten, but that is also a lot of work you know? It seems that's the route Marvel is going which is great, but I wouldn't argue against them doing it either. I'm pretty pragmatic when it comes to these things, but I'm not very affected by it either.

Yeah, definitely hear you on that. Honestly, it's a case where I really do trust Coogler and Feige. Definitely the biggest shoes one is going to be stepping into, though, if they go that route.

Why not just pass down the black panther to someone else, in comics titles get passed down all the time, Shuri was BP for a time let's do that

I think there's a strong chance Shuri will inherit the mantle in Wakanda Forever, but there is a fair argument that T'challa himself is beloved as more than just a mantle. Boseman brought incredible gravitas and emotion to the role itself.

One thing I think the MCU has done extremely well is solidify most characters with their actors in ways very rare for Superhero roles. Captain America is a mantle, but Steve Rogers is Chris Evans, robert Downey Jr is Tony Stark...you don't really have the same definitive Batman or even Superman in the same way. For the MCU, I love Black Panther, but the struggles of T'challa himself are important to that.

I think there's a strong chance Shuri will inherit the mantle in Wakanda Forever, but there is a fair argument that T'challa himself is beloved as more than just a mantle. Boseman brought incredible gravitas and emotion to the role itself.

One thing I think the MCU has done extremely well is solidify most characters with their actors in ways very rare for Superhero roles. Captain America is a mantle, but Steve Rogers is Chris Evans, robert Downey Jr is Tony Stark...you don't really have the same definitive Batman or even Superman in the same way. For the MCU, I love Black Panther, but the struggles of T'challa himself are important to that.
Honestly I think Shuri would be the best choice, I think T’Challa should be retried in the memory of Boseman. I don’t think they should get rid of the Black Panther, just pass the mantle.

If your uncofrmtable signing but still believe in recast, just spread the info around.

While I’m fina with Shuri for one movie, we have to remember that even during her stint in the comics, TChalla was still active. It’s like Aquaman now. He’s still kinAtlantis, but aquawoman is on the justice league.

We also have to remember his other roles, like Jackie Robinson or James Brown. He believed in what he was portraying, but TChallas story is not over. We also have to remember that Storm is in bound. That’s one of the most important couples in all of Marvel.

Again, if you disagree, I respect your opinion.

The recast goal is in reach, just updating those who were interested. Remember, our current request is that TChalla not be killed off. We do not want an immediate casting

Back
Top Bottom