Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Suggestion Tables without borders / Invisible borders

aeline

π’Ÿπ’Άπ“Žπ’Ήπ“‡π‘’π’Άπ“‚π‘’π“‡
Supporter

Would it be possible to create an option where we can choose whether or not the borders are visible?

I'd suggest making them invisible by default, but some might find it useful in some settings! So perhaps by adding a specific code (like the opacity=0) ?

unknown.png
rtracker_table.png

You can take a swing at the float left and right coding. πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ
I could, but then I need to add in so much transparent text... I was hoping for an easier fix!

Instead of doing this:

caycay7.png
hey_____________
you are_________
amaaazing_____.

or even worse:

caycay452.png
hey you_____________ i don't know______________have a lovely
are amazing_________what to write here________day today!__.
& kind!______________but hello__________________xoxo________.​

No, you won't need to do that, Caylee. Here... very poor example but look at this:

here, here.. test, test, test.
Yes, the float
tools work
pretty well.

yayayaya
uauau

Code:
here, here.. test, test, test.  [floatright]Yes, the float 
tools work
 pretty well.[/floatright]
yayayaya
uauau

I hope this makes sense? If you float right where you want to float, that will stay floated.. sort of like the images?

No, you won't need to do that, Caylee. Here... very poor example but look at this:

here, here.. test, test, test.
Yes, the float
tools work
pretty well.

yayayaya
uauau

Code:
here, here.. test, test, test.  [floatright]Yes, the float
tools work
pretty well.[/floatright]
yayayaya
uauau

I hope this makes sense? If you float right where you want to float, that will stay floated.. sort of like the images?

This would also have worked wonderfully, if I could choose where the text floated on the page and not just to one of the sides!

unknown.png

unknown.png

It wouldn't work with 3 rows or more...

Unfortunately, the only way to control it the most, is with the invisible text, like you were saying.
You can see how I've used it in my RT, and also the template I'd made in my art thread.

Unfortunately, the only way to control it the most, is with the invisible text, like you were saying.
You can see how I've used it in my RT, and also the template I'd made in my art thread.

Yeah, I've figured as much. Although it is a pain to edit the coding afterward, hehe

I'm in favor of this feature. I find tables much more comfortable to work with than floating tags.

I'm in favor of this feature. I find tables much more comfortable to work with than floating tags.

Thank you!

I managed to figure out how the floating works, but the coding is still a bit confusing when everything is underneath each other! Hard to keep track of it all..

Borders used to be invisible pre-Xenforo conversion, and then the conversion gave them borders by default. At one point we had the option to make the borders invisible using:

Code:
[TABLE=bmrtable-noborder][/table]

Which doesn't work anymore sadly.

We didn't have floating codes back then before the conversion. I'm an old-school grandma and still prefer using tables >.<

Borders used to be invisible pre-Xenforo conversion, and then the conversion gave them borders by default. At one point we had the option to make the borders invisible using:

Code:

We didn't have floating codes back then before the conversion. I'm an old-school grandma and still prefer using tables >.<

Ohh!

Well, I'll admit that is a bit sad... I would have loved to make some pretty posts using tables properly!

Oh, believe me. I don't want to use the float stuff. I just do because I don't want the borders.
Tables are superior. I love them. :c

Code:

Oh right this was part of a giant cluster of an addon...

I can look into adding it back.

Hey guys! Not to be a bother, but did this feature ever get added? I made the mistake of looking at my request thread on mobile and oh god, what has float done to my boy?

I tried the code below and a few other tricks I thought might work, but no cigar.
Code:

Hey guys! Not to be a bother, but did this feature ever get added? I made the mistake of looking at my request thread on mobile and oh god, what has float done to my boy?

I tried the code below and a few other tricks I thought might work, but no cigar.
Code:
It has not been added, as far as I know!

Back
Top Bottom