Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Pokemon System Game (NSFW) (Very Light Mechanics)

Victoria

Lesbian Queen
Hello!
I've been really wanting to do a Pokemon roleplay, but I've also wanted to add some game elements. So, I made a system for it! It's super simple but adds a lot to it and flows pretty well. You can check out how it works and whatnot below.

Chapter System
  • Both of us have a main character. We take turns DMing (playing the world) for each other. This means the DM plays all the Pokémon, environment, and NPCs. The player character only plays their main character (and their own Pokémon, but only while in battle)
  • When a chapter ends, the DM and player character switch roles.
  • A chapter ends when the player character completes a major milestone (Beating a gym, traveling through a large area, completion of a long scene). The exact end of a chapter can be decided between the DM and player, but that’s the general idea.

Money System
  • Each player starts with $100
  • You gain money by winning battles against gyms and each other. If you cannot pay the winner, you may have to pay in other ways.
  • DM can also give random opportunities to win money.

Pokemart
Pokeball: $10
Greatball: $20
Ultraball: $30
Evolution Stone (for Pokémon that don’t evolve by level): $200

Catching a Pokémon (Roll 1d5)
Pokeball: Must roll a 5
Greatball: Must roll a 4-5
Ultraball: Must roll a 3-5
Safariball: Must roll 4-5
Masterball: Auto-catch

Encountering a Pokémon (Roll 1d20)
  • Eight times per chapter, you may search for a Pokémon. To do this, you must be on a route or in a location with Pokémon. Roll 1d20, then check the encounters sheet to see what Pokémon appears.
  • When you find a Pokémon, you may either run or play out the scene.
  • If you have not used your eight encounters by the end of the chapter, you may search in any of the surrounding areas (i.e. if you end in Viridian City, you may search routes 1, 2, or 22). If you have HM fly, you can search any place you have already been.
  • DM may also make a Pokémon appear at any time.

Safari Zone
  • Costs $80 to visit
  • You get 25 Safari Balls
  • You may search for a Pokémon up to 25 times in the safari zone. These do not count towards your eight searches per chapter.

Gym Leaders
First Gym:
  • 2 Pokémon, level 10
  • If you win, you gain $30
  • If you lose, you lose $15
Second Gym:
  • 3 Pokémon, level 20
  • If you win, you gain $40
  • If you lose, you lose $20
Third Gym:
  • 3 Pokémon, level 30
  • If you win, you gain $50
  • If you lose, you lose $25
Fourth Gym:
  • 4 Pokémon, level 40
  • If you win, you gain $70
  • If you lose, you lose $30
Fifth Gym:
  • 4 Pokémon, level 50
  • If you win, you gain $80
  • If you lose, you lose $35
Sixth Gym:
  • 5 Pokémon, level 60
  • If you win, you gain $90
  • If you lose, you lose $40
Seventh Gym:
  • 5 Pokémon, Level 70
  • If you win, you gain $100
  • If you lose, you lose $45
Eighth Gym:
  • 6 Pokémon, level 70
  • If you win, you gain $200
  • If you lose, you lose $50
Elite 4:
  • 6 Pokémon, level 80
  • If you win, you gain $300
  • If you lose, you lose $55
League Champion:
  • 6 Pokémon, level 90
  • If you win, you gain $1000
  • If you lose, you lose $60

Battling
  • For important battles (gym leaders, bosses, each other) we will use Pokémon Showdown. All Pokémon in these battles will be the same level as each other.
  • For random battles, we will just rp them out.

Evolution
  • You may evolve a Pokémon once you are between gyms that have the level your Pokémon evolves on (i.e. if you have a Bulbasaur, you may evolve it between gyms 1-2 because Bulbasaur evolves at level 16. You may evolve Ivysaur between gyms 3-4 because Ivysaur evolves at level 32). You may also wait to evolve them after they pass their range.
  • If a Pokémon does not evolve by leveling up, you must buy an evolution stone.
  • You may only evolve 1 Pokémon per chapter.

The regions I am currently looking to play are Kanto, Sinnoh, and Hoenn. The encounter sheets for Kanto and Hoenn mainly feature Pokemon from gens 1-3, whereas the Sinnoh one has mostly gens 4-7. We would basically play through a story similar to the games (trying to beat the Pokemon League and facing off with an evil team) but with our own twists. I prefer we use mostly canon characters (aged up of course), but it doesn't matter what region they are from. Also, all Pokémon will be anthro.

Rules:
1. I am only looking for female characters.
2. You must be willing to play on Discord. I find it's the best platform for system games.
3. At least be fairly active, or at least tell me when you'll be disappearing for more than a few days.
4. Only start this roleplay if you plan on seeing it to the end. I really hate starting rps only to have them fizzle out before they get good. Please don’t waste my time!!!
5. I don't care too much about post length. As long as it is interesting and detailed enough to respond to, it's all good with me.
6. Include the word “yellow” in your first message to me.
7. Write with decent grammar. We all make mistakes, but bad writing isn't fun to read.

Check out my F-list to get an idea of what I enjoy!

That's all really! Hit me up and we can knock out the details and get started!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom