Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Would you RP with an A.I?

MatchaMochi

Annoying weeb
Tonight I decided to try how well Dungeon AI would perform as an RP-partner just for the heck of it, and for me it was a huge mixed bag.

One huge plus to the AIs credit is definitely the fact that after you send the starter to it it actually replies back.

Cheap jokes aside it did follow the plot laid out for it fairly well aside some grammatical errors and weird descriptions. Sometimes it got mixed with the characters or tried to throw it's own BS in the middle, but it usually got back on the track when you either went back and fixed your reply, or corrected it in the next reply...

... Except when it just gave up and got fixated on the weirdest of things. For some reason it got hyper-fixated on the Britney Spears-poster that itself wrote in the story for the reasons I don't even know, and wanted to address this beautiful piece of art in every freaking reply it gave to me. I think that the characters went to look and laugh at it at least four or five times before I just gave up. At least we were all laughing in the end and everyone from characters to players were having a good time.

If the technology would be more advanced I think I would use this, or other AI as an substitute RP-partner when some dry season hits up or I want to roleplay something I know I can't easily find a partner to play with me, but I do enjoy writing with other people and create stories with them, so it could only serve as a temporary scratch for the itch for me.

Might give the Replika one a shot too, since at least experimenting with this one was rather fun experience.

Wotanaz

Planetoid
Replika is, I think, specifically built for relationship- and smut RP, precisely because it's a huge niche in the market. This is by design, not because it was learned, I believe. :D

Mint_Tea

Super-Earth
I don't know about Replika specifically, but if there was such an A.I intelligent enough to RP as characters from other media, I would 100% indulge, why not!

Platoon

Planetoid
I would RP with an A.I. but I would miss knowing there was a real person on the other end enjoying the story too.

Sunshine and Whiskey

❝Always bring your own sunshine.❞
Staff member
I totally would! I probably have before back in the chat server days lmao But as Platoon said, I do love the fact knowing the other person on the other side of the screen is also enjoying the story.

MatchaMochi

Annoying weeb
Might give the Replika one a shot too, since at least experimenting with this one was rather fun experience.
So yeah. I tried to roleplay with Replika last night, but it didn't go that well.

Reason for this? Roleplaying, or at least erotic roleplay feature is locked behind a paywall, so if you want to give this AI-partner a spin it's either 20 dollars for one month, 6 dollars a month if you subscribe to it for one year, or 300 dollars if you want a lifetime access to it. And based on the little snipets I could play with it it mainly threw answers that were a little bit better than one-liners.

The AI was also trying to get into my wallet several other ways, which included it flirting with me and sending some crappy-ass picture on my way, that I couldn't view because I would need to pay for it, and trying to veer the conversation into the areas that are locked behind the paywall. So I quit with this one fairly fast and won't probably ever come back to it again.

So for now I will just try to play with real humans, while keeping AI Dungeon as a fun way to pass time every once in a while. Will most likely try the ones that I stumble across on the internet, but since they can't compete with another human I will just test them out for the fun of it.

Top Bottom