Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Favorite Movie?

Zeno

Meteorite
Hey all! I still need a couple posts to make in order to get all my privileges. I figured I'd throw out a question about everyone's favorite movie.
Mine is the live action Speed Racer.
Feel free to ask me why, lol, I'd love to explain!

Haven't seen Speed Racer but the trailers definitely make it look trippy haha

Really enjoy the Atlantis: the lost empire movie! Haven't seen it in ages though.

Mine would probably be either The gentlemen or Pandorum.

Vanishing Point, the '71 original, owns my soul lately and has been showin' me how to live. :sneaky:

Cleavon Little such a great actor, loved Super Soul.

"And today, in a beautiful gesture made by beautiful people, in beautiful downtown Goldfield, this radio station was named KOW-alski, in honor of the last American hero, to whom speed means freedom of the soul. The question is not when's he gonna stop, but who is gonna stop him."

"Get through 'em, baby!"​

Pan's Labyrinth. Guillermo Del Toro is easily my favorite director and I love pretty much everything he's made.

Redline! The plot is pretty standard but it makes up for it with its style. Probably the cleanest animation I’ve seen

No Country For Old Men. I think about this movie a lot. What I adore about this film is that it t is almost fifteen years old and yet it's meaning is still debated to this day. Questions about who Anton Chigurh was and what he wanted persist more then a decade after this film was originally released. That is fantastic writing and directing. So many modern films completely ignore the concept of Show, don't tell but No Country For Old Men embodies it. All of the Cohen Brothers works do but No Country For Old Men stands out as the pinnacle of their artistic careers.

My favorite films are films that have relatively simple plots but are enhanced by the talent and craftsmanship of the people who make them. You can see the hard work in a film of this quality and if you've watched enough truly great films, you can easily tell the difference between a film that has had a lot of love put into it and a film that hasn't.

The story is simple. Lewellyn takes money from a drug deal gone wrong and the drug cartel hires Chigurh to return it to them but the film is so much deeper then that. It is so more philosophical and provocative then it appears on paper. That is the sign of a truly great film.

This film has three main characters who are all men yet it has far more diversity then most movies made today. Chigurh is a vastly different person then Sheriff Bell and Moss is too. Hollywood is obsessed with surface level representation. What makes character's diverse is not their gender, their sexuality, their religion or any of that. What makes character diverse is their personalities and their actions. The way they perceive and interact with the world around them.

Chigurh is a sociopath. He is obsessive and violent. Moss is a loving husband who wants to do good for his wife and sees the money as a way to improve their place in the world.
Chigurh doesn't even care about the money, he even admits that out loud. They're both men but they're completely different people on the inside.

My favorite movie is The Boondock Saints.

Last edited:
The Matrix
Life of Brian (better than Holy Grail!)
Toy Story 4 (woody gets set free!).

So many movies I enjoy watching, but no single one that I'd call a favourite over any other...

Life of Brian, Unforgiven, First Blood, Alita: Battle Angel, Bladerunner, Twister, Galaxy Quest - to name a few that I really enjoy.

I honestly can't pick a movie for favorite all time but the last movie I watched newly and loved was "The Gray Man" so let's go with that!

Ooh! Great question! I'm not sure I have an overall favourite but my newest favourite is 'Falling For Christmas' on Netflix

So... There are films I like that are probably better (INLAND EMPIRE and Midsommar for example) but Alien is a comfort film and is objectively a fantastic film so Alien, Alien is my favourite movie.

A lot of great movies mentioned here

I'll throw a favourite of mine in here, a movie called "The Fall" (2006)
It's a great "story within a story" flick with some lovely dark undertones
Also, the cinematography and use of color is really on point

Plus: The 5th element. If you haven't, go watch it. You're welcome.

Also: the Mad Max series. Obviously.

Maybe a bit of an odd one: Rocky Horror Picture Show
Don't worry, if you don't understand what is happening right away. I think is intended to be that way.

Cloud Atlas. I was brought to tears in the theater, and I bought the book.

The 2002 reboot of The Count of Monte Cristo is a very close second.

It Follows. It's a pretty creepy horror film that doesn't rely heavily on jump scares.

Back
Top Bottom