Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

◇Your Hearts Got Teeth◇ Lustfulsins&Thor

LoveyLadyThor

Equal Opportunity Killer

*~*I bury the unseemly urges deep down in the ground with the roots.

But its all coming up to the surface, maybe it‘s getting ready to bloom.

And I don’t wanna be, the monster in the marking.

I don’t wanna be, more bitter than sweet.

I don’t know how to be, just standing by blankly.

Not getting angry.

Cause another and another coming up out of the gutter.

Till I’m drowning in an ocean of entitled mother fuckers.*~*

*~*~*~*~*

“LISTEN TO ME!! IF YOU DON’T STOP BEING SUCH A MOUTHY LITTLE SHIT I’M GOING TO PUT YOU IN THE MAKE YOU REGRET THE NEXT WORD THAT COMES OUT OF YOUR MOUTH!” A blonde woman standing in a pink bathrobe, had just finished lighting her cigarette on the stove, she looked extremely tired, liked she had been up all night. Which, she had been. He blonde hair was tied up in a messy bun and she took a drag off her cigarette and leaned against the kitchen counter as she waited for the coffee to finish brewing.

“I asked if you sign this” Yurvi stated, he was blonde like his mother with her same blue eyes. He attempted to stay calm at his mother’s shouting at him first thing in the morning. He pushed a letter across the kitchen island towards her. She huffed and looked at him like it was a chore to even look at her young son. With an annoyed sigh, she grabbed the paper.

“Is this another fucking field trip letter, I swear to god, you little fucks don’t ever stay in the fucking classroom anymore. If you need money for this I’m not giving it to you. You’re going to have to ask your dad.” She muttered, cigarette hanging out of her mouth.

“He’s not my dad.” Yurvi muttered and she stared daggers at him.

“That’s your last warning.” She growled at him and him and he shut up, looking at the floor with raging boiling deep inside the little boy.

His mother looked at the paper and narrowed her eyes as she read it out loud. “Ms. Trett, Yurvi Trett has after school detention Friday April 29th​ for bullying. We have a zero-tolerance process at Rose Hall High. Please attend to his behavior concerns. Below is a list of therapists that work well with children. But many of these things start at home. If you would take the time to show your son more attention at home this may be beneficial to his mental development. Please sign below.”

She looked at Yurvi and looked livid as she pulled a pen out of the drawer in the kitchen and slammed the paper on the counter. She signed the paper. Slidding it back to Yurvi. “You tell you teacher….that she needs to mind her fucking business before I come up there and beat her ass.”

Yurvi stood there a moment as he took that paper. “Do…you want me to say that to her..?....”

She cocked her head to the side, “Did I fucking studder boy!”

Yurvi shook his head. “Nope….”

“Get the fuck outta here, you’re going to miss the bus and I’m not taking you. You’re gonna have to walk. I’m not your fucking maid.” She growled and turned to get her coffee.

Yurvi quickly grabbed his backpack, shoving the note inside of it and grabbing his coat as rain started to patter down on the windows. He was more than happy to get the fuck out of that house as he ran to the bus stop as it came around the corner.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Hey man! You wanna play another round of beer pong?!”

Yurvi looked away from the rain covered window, his mind having slipped away there for a moment. A past that didn’t exist anymore, but it always felt so real. The young man was 21 now and had grown into a handsome and strong man. His blonde hair was slightly long as he brushed it out of his face and held his red cup, now mostly empty of the beer he had been drinking. He was feeling pretty good, with a blush along his cheeks. He found he drank more than he would like to admit, because he admitted it, that would be admitting he was just like his mother and that sheer idea sent rage through his body.

The young man speaking to Yurvi was his best friend, Toni. He was a handsome young man with red hair and bright green eyes. He looked like a wall of a guy, but his smile was the sweetest thing. He wasn’t like Yurvi. He was always calming him down to keep him out of jail from his explosive temper.

Yurvi smiled at Toni and pushed himself off the wall, “Yea sure, one more round.” He said in his ‘I don’t care’ tone of voice and headed to the area in the kitchen where they beer pong table was set up. There were people all over the house. The frat was very popular, and everyone wanted to come to these parties. There was plenty to drink and the music was loud, the perfect place to forget your responsibilities. And that’s just what people were doing. The midterms were over, and it was time to let off some steam.

The group in the kitchen for beer pong cheered when Yurvi and Toni came into the room. “Challenge challenge challenge!” they cheered to the people who decided to go up against the beer pong champs Yurvi and Toni.

“Alright! You guys ready to fucking puke?!” Yurvi laughed as he slammed his hands on the beer pong table. A pretty girl started to fill the cups. Toni laughed at Yruvi and the other team gave some smack talk back. “yea yea! Just get ready to lose! Pussy bitches puke outside, puke in the house and I’ll beat your ass!” Everyone laughed, but they also knew it wasn’t really an empty there. Yurvi didn’t do empty threats.

3851706.jpg

When Kai Collins moved cities with his family in high-school and started at a new school, his timid nature and bookworm tendencies, hiding in corners to read, made him the target of bullying. More often than not, he went home with new bruises. The first few times, he was able to convince his parents he was clumsy. After a while, they caught on, but Kai convinced his parents to let him stay in school, and not be homeschooling. High-school was rough, but he made it through, top of his classes and valedictorian of his grade at graduation. After graduation, he never thought he'd see his bully again. Two years later, at college in the next city over, he was proven wrong.

—————

Kai ducks as a drunk girl swings her arm out, nearly catching him in the jaw. Being short, 5'4, has its advantages. One is being able to duck under flying limbs. Kai weaves through the bodies, looking for his best friend. Derek is a 6 foot tall track runner, lean bean pole, but at least he sticks out in a crowd, what with his preference for neon colors. Kai finds him easily enough, watching a game of beer pong set up.

"I don't understand how this game is fun." Kai's voice is quiet, but Derek is used to listening for it, so he hears him well enough.

"You're supposed to be drunk to enjoy it, Kai. The point is to see who can clear the other teams cups first by sinking the ball into the cups of beer." Derek laughs, ruffling Kai's dark brown hair. Kai scowls, fixing his hair again. He turns to see who's playing, and it feels like the air has been sucked from his lungs. Yurvi Trett, Kai's high-school bully, is standing right there. Kai's hands grip the front of his dark navy hoodie. It's been two years and he still gets a stress response seeing him. Derek doesn't seem to notice, too busy watching the beer pong game.

The group of college students are being very loud and having a good time, all of them getting a good laugh out of the losing team issue to not puke in the house or Yurvi would beat their asses. He had no doubt that him and Toni would wipe the floor with this team up of friends like they did everyone else. But as they got everything set up, Yurvi’s blue eyes scanned the room of fellow students before they fell on someone he knew. There was a moment that he just looked at Kai, trying to figure out if he knew him or not from being fairly drunk. But then, there was no doubt……

A smile spread across Yurvi’s face, it peeled across like the evil plan on a villain. “Nerd!” He shouted and laughed, slamming his hands on the table again, some of cups well off and Toni caught them.

“What the fuck bro?” He said as he looked at his friend and his random outburst, as well Toni didn’t know Kai and he was just another face in the crowd to Toni. Hell, to anyone.

Yurvi originally had two options.

He could have looked and seen Kai and let it go. He didn’t have to say or do anything the boy. It had been two years since they graduated, so there was no real reason to call out the other at all. Other than his own, reflexes? He tormented the other. Not every day, but he certainly not been kind. They did have an incident that had caused him to back off from Kai abit before graduating and he hadn’t really seen him since.

“Move, outta my way.” He said, shoving the other team away from their end of the table. To be real it was a shocker he didn’t just climb over the table. The team of two got out of his way as he went up to Kai. Kai stood at 5’4 and Yurvi stood at 5’8, so Derek was bigger than him on height, but Yurvi wasn’t a bean pole. He was fit and strong, like a tank. He laughed and quickly wrapped his arm around Kai’s shoulders and pulled him in close to him so he couldn’t escape.

He gave the other male a smack to the chest, that was a bit tougher than the smaller guy took. “Well lookie look what the rain dragged in! How you doing big guy!!” He laughed and squished Kais cheeks in a fishy face before he gave it a pat and let his face go. “Been a long time!”

Kai's stress mounts when Yurvi recognizes him through his drunken fog. He manages to hide it from Derek, not wanting to spoil the track athlete's night. On his part, Derek stares at Yurvi with suspicion when he drapes his arm around Kai. Kai's breath is knocked out of him when Yurvi smacks his chest, and he gasps and coughs. His hands come up to swat at the young man's hands when his face is grabbed.

"I-I'm fine." Kai barely manages to stutter out a response when Yurvi finally releases him, rubbing his cheeks. His stormy grew eyes are wide, watching Yurvi carefully. It's been two years, maybe he's changed? Or maybe his drunkenness is blurring the memories of everything Yurvi did to Kai. Either way, Kai is not happy to see the young man. "Y-your game is waiting."

Kai was lucky that Yurvi was slightly intoxicated, had he seen him with clear eyes he might had been annoyed. By the time high school was over he picked on his less and was quick to shove him away and scare him out places that he was. There was to many to many times that Yurvi shoved Kai into his locker and slammed the door in the smaller boys face. After their little incident, he was more prone to scare Kai off. As if it was knee jerk reaction anymore. But it seemed he was more excited to see the other. A little piece of his past that he didn’t think he would ever see again.

He laughed when Kai attempted to shove his hands away from his face. Kai said he was fine and Yurvi smiled, gripping Kai tighter in his hold around his shoulders. “Good to hear Nerd!” When Kai brought up the game, he looked at the table, the other team leaning on the table and Toni looking at Yurvi like ‘what the hell dude?’ Toni had never seen his mean buddy be so chummy with someone, but then again, there was an air to this ‘Chummy-ness’ that was dark folks could feel it.

Yurvi nodded, “Yeah, it sure is” He agreed to Kai’s words before he began to pull Kai, with her arm wrapped around the young man towards the table. “It’s your game too now, Come on nerd.” He said and shoved on of the other team mate away from the table and put Kai on the other end of the table. “You know how to play.” He let Kai go, “But you’re gonna lose.” He poked Kai in the nose giving him the look of ‘don’t disobey me’ and it was like that were young again. The look was, ‘do as I say, or I kill you.’ And Yurvi smiled wide and smack Kai on the shoulder.

“LETS PLAY!” The group of people laughing and cheering as Yurvi walked to the side of the table with Toni. Toni still looking at his friend like ‘wtf is happening right now’, but didn’t say anything.

When Yurvi starts pulling Kai away from Derek and toward the table, it's all Kai can do to not go into a panic attack. His breathing is rapid, he looks terrified, but with everyone around them cheering, there's not much Derek can do. He watches helplessly as his timid friend is dragged away. Derek has been trying to teach Kai to stand up for himself, maybe this is a good opportunity to practice?

But Kai swallows hard, trying to hide his fear as Yurvi gives him that look he never wanted to see again. That silent threat to obey. Kai's hands are shaking as he nods slowly. Childhood habits of obeying his bully to save his skin return fast. His new teammate is too drunk to notice his fear. Kai waits in apprehension for Yurvi to start the game.

Back
Top Bottom