Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

InterTWINed In Your Paws (Winterfire x LustfulSins)

Binji stays silent as he's lead into the kitchen. His eyes scan the room taking in all of the new faces. Once again their rules puzzled him, so he kept quiet. Instead he focused on trying to match names with faces. When their eyes turned to stare back in return he hunched in on himself and dropped his gaze. He pulled his hands into the hoodie sleeves, and tugged up the hood around his neck. Not exactly feeling the warm flood of welcome from the gathered he inches back toward the door. "No need to apologize. They don't have to talk to me."

The hand on his shoulder caused him to jump slightly eyes going round. He glanced up at the quieter alpha and nodded unsure as what the other wanted. He wasn't exactly the most talkative type. At least not in this tense, uncomfortable setting. "Well, I best leave them to their meals." Binji gave a slight bow of his head to his alphas then turned to go back outside. At least outside he wouldn't have all these eyes on him.

Ross sighs softly, watching Binji retreat back outside. As he does, Leon scoffs at the gathered residents. "Jeez, guys, you could have at least been more welcoming." There's an echoed grumble through the room. They had all gotten back late from their respective jobs, and all were tired. Ross just smiles lightly, shaking his head. "Leave it, Leon. They'll be more welcoming in the morning."

Leon shrugs, hopping off the counter and joining Ross as they follow Binji's footsteps to the backyard. They sit together on the steps of the deck, watching Binji. Leon intentionally scruffy his foot against the last step before sitting, to avoid scaring the boy. "Don't worry, Binji. They'll warm up. Having someone new here isn't exciting to them, given how many come through here." He pauses, tilting his head. "Do you want a knife to skin that?"

Swiftly padding over to his kill he cradles the dead rabbit in his arms. The scuffing alerted him of their presence, but he didn't turn. "It doesn't matter. I'm not worried." He was an outsider to a pack that was used to transients flowing into and out of their midst. To expect excitement was naive. From the sounds of it they were like him. Lost souls without a home. The young wolf didn't begrudge them or felt ill of anyone. He just didn't see the point in lingering in a room full of people who'd rather not talk to him.

"No." Binji stood with the animal corpse and walked to the edge of the woods. He saw no point in skinning it. It had been childish to kill it in the first place. Hand gripping hold of the back legs he swung hard and flung the rabbit into the trees. For a moment he stared into the shadows then shifted to stare up at the two alphas. They were out here with him and not with their pack. Why? He wrapped his arms around his middle and started walking the tree line.

Humming softly he kept glancing at the twins. He stopped for a moment enjoying the feel of the cool grass on his feet, and openly stared at them. "What do you want?" Binji's voice almost sounded scared. Alphas didn't pay him any mind. Not unless he was in trouble. They grew up with people coming and going, so why did they seem to focused on him?

When Binji launches the rabbit into the trees, Leon makes a face and Ross sighs. Neither brother approves, but it seems like Binji is struggling with something, so neither comments. It's a waste to kill something and then toss it back to the forest.

Ross and Leon hold a quiet discussion between them, even as they keep an eye on Binji. Ross can see the boy is nervous, but the twins don't want him to feel overwhelmed. When Binji voices his question, Ross gives an apologetic look at the fear in his tone. Leon speaks up first. "To keep you company. So you don't have to be alone. Nobody should be alone after changing countries." Ross is the next to speak. "You're the first newcomer we've had that's this shy. It's cute, but I'm worried it stems from something else. You're safe here, Binji. You don't have to hide from anyone."

Still and quiet he watched them. His fingers curled into his palms. Alone. They didn't want him to be lonely? His jaw tightened and he felt his eyes sting. A rush of childish rage flashed in his mind, but he quelled it. Slender shoulders shaking he faced the forest again. A wasted kill. They had said and done nothing. If he'd dared do something so rash before he'd would've been laid out and bloody by now. Some gift he'd given them by tossing it to be eaten by scavengers.

"I do not mean to worry you. I do not mean to burden you." Body still shaking he turns abruptly and starts marching toward the house. Jaw clenched tight he stares at the grass as he marches toward them. If being alone worried them then he wouldn't be alone. He'd force himself to mingle with the others. "You don't have to." Binji darts his eyes up to Leon then to Ross. "Your attention is confusing. I'm either in trouble. Or you want-" the words froze in his throat and he swallowed, "Those two things are the only reason to pay such close attention to me. You're alphas. Not den mothers. I don't deserve this kind of attention. Not unless." Again the words froze. He swallowed and his dusky cheeks tinged. "Unless you want me."

That's why people looked at him. They touched his tattoos and his white locks, and wanted him. It was either that or they wanted to tear him. Challenge him. That was the way of a pack. That was the way of life. To challenge and dominate. To fight. Or to claim. That's what brought such focused attention. Nothing else. Not to him.

Ross and Leon hold no reaction to Binji marching toward them the way he does, nor do they react to he apparent anger. However, when he speaks, they look at each other, seeming to exchange a silent conversation. Ross speaks, his voice soft and soothing.

"Binji, the packs in your home country may treat their members that way, but not here. Not our pack. Yes, we are alphas, not den mothers. But we are also caretakers, protectors of our pack. That includes making sure nobody is lonely. You're not in trouble, and," Ross pauses to pick his words carefully. "We don't want you for the reasons you're thinking. We want to be your friends, allies you can rely on. People you can trust." Ross holds out his hand, palm up. This seems to be a gesture of trust here, amidst their pack. Leon speaks next.

"We're here to make sure your needs are met. To ensure your safety and comfort, and to offer guidance when needed. To direct during tough times, be leaders when you don't know where to turn. That rabbit you killed would have made a good addition to tomorrow's dinner. It was a good size. But you tossed it back. I don't know why you did, but please don't kill needlessly again." Now Leon holds his hand out, palm up, like Ross. "What Ross says is true. We're not looking to bed you just because you're out here alone. We just want you to be safe, and to help you feel like you belong."

Body trembling he stared at them. Still his eyes stung, and emotions raged inside him. Nothing they did or said made any sense. This wasn't how wolves acted. This wasn't the way of a pack. Or. No. Maybe they way of his homeland's pack wasn't the way of a pack. Maybe they had been wrong not these brothers. As this realization started to sink in his body slowly stilled. His gaze dropping to the offered hand.

"I killed it for you. But you didn't want it. You just want it left. It didn't matter." The words rushed out before he could stop them. So childish. Gritting his teeth he took a step back bowing his head. "I-" Binji rubbed the heel of his palm into his eye and growled. Another offered hand. He choked on air and dropped to his knees in front of them. Slowly he reached out a hand out to each of theirs. "I'm sorry. I won't do it again. I-"

Something clicked in his mind. "You're not looking just because-does-" Eyes widening he didn't believe it. His heart thrashed in his chest and the ache of loss pulsed out a ray of hope. He wasn't so clouded to not take notice of the phrasing of their words. But the young wolf wasn't sure he could believe what he thought he gathered from it. "My needs. Guidance." Swallowing he felt his cheeks grow hotter. "I want to learn how to be in a pack like yours. To. Trust. To... belong." Something he'd never really felt. Not even at home. It wasn't something you felt. It just something you were. He belonged to the pack. He never questioned if he belonged in it.

Ross winces slightly when Binji references what he had said about leaving the rabbit, and realizes he had made it sound unwanted. But he stays silent while Binji continues. When the boy drops to his knees, neither brother moves beyond lowering their hands enough so Binji can still reach them. And when he takes them, the brother gently close their fingers around his hands.

"We will help you to feel at home, Binji. You do belong here, this is your home now, for as long as you want it to be. I'm sorry my words made me sound ungrateful. The rabbit was appreciated. And would have absolutely been used. It's just, the skinning outside rule was implemented by Lia because someone," Ross turns a playful glare to Leon, who shrugs. "Decided to bring an entire deer carcass through the house to butcher in the kitchen because he didn't want to sit in the hot sun. We had to throw out the hallway rug because the blood wouldn't come out."

Leon bumps his shoulder against Ross. "That deer kept the meat freezer full for a week." He pauses, turning his attention back to Binji. "You are welcome here, you know. Just because you're new doesn't mean you're an outsider. You became a part of our pack the moment we signed the agreement to care for you and your needs until the moment you decide you want to leave. So what do you say, Binji. Can we be friends?"

He gripped their hands tight. This small touch hummed up his arms and eased pain in his chest. Binji wanted to fling his arms around them. To bury his face in Ross's chest and just be held. They were so kind, and-he glanced up at them-dare he notice it-attractive. He shoved those thoughts away, and ignored his head wanting to read between their words. Clearly he was hungry for attention, affection, and he was taking their kindness for more than it was being offered.

"Thank you. I will-try to," try to what? Not be a hopeless, lost pup? Binji sighed and sagged, listening at the explanation about the skinning rule. He guessed that made sense with a house as nice as theirs. Blood wasn't something easily removed like spilled water or a bit of fruit. It sank into things and lingered. Yes, he could understand not wanting to taint such a beautiful home with blood.

The young, Ethiopian werewolf gave a shadow of a smile. "I'd like that very much." Unshed tears cracked his words, but he felt warm. Safe, and wanted. Not wanted to be used, but wanted in a way to be close to others.

The twins smile as Binji grips their hands. They feel he understands their words, and their meanings. They don't pull their hands away either, thinking this contact is something Binji needs. They would only pull away when Binji does. Ross' eyes flick toward the forest. Perhaps..

"Do you still want to contribute that rabbit to tomorrow's dinner? I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to locate where you tossed it. The meat might be a bit bruised now, but would still work well for a stew." Leon chimes in right after. "Don't feel like you have to, though. Ross just doesn't want you to feel like you did something wrong."

Leon is silent for a moment, glancing at Ross. The reserved twin catches on fast, but not fast enough to silence Leon. "So Binji. Can I ask about the interesting tatt- Ow! Ross!" Ross has stomped on Leon's foot. Given that they're both barefoot, there's nothing to protect the top of Leon's foot from Ross' heel.

Soaking in the comfort of their touch he fought the urge to nuzzle them. He perked up at the question, and glanced over his shoulder at the forest. They wanted to retrieve it? But he'd-it was trash now. Binji gazed up at Ross awed and confused. Then Leon spoke and he understood. His emotions tugged at the corner of his lips into a shy smile. "Thank you. I-I could find it."

He stood, though he didn't let go of them, and half turned toward the woods. The scent of the dead rabbit would be easy enough to find. All he had to do was follow along the line that he'd thrown it and find it. Just before he let go of the hands to go after the rabbit Leon brought his attention back. "You can ask me anything, alp-" Jumping, he gave Ross wide eyes. "Uh-" Binji raises his eye brows in question. These two were unlike anyone he'd ever known, which was confusing and frustrating as all get out. He had no clue how to act or talk, or what to make of them. And for some reason that made him want to be around them even more.

Leon scowls at Ross as he reaches down to run his foot with his free hand. Ross just smiles up at Binji like nothing happened. "You don't have to answer that, Binji. Leon is just being nosy. Information is not demanded here, you don't have to answer questions if you don't want to."

Leon huffy, still glaring at Ross "You didn't have to stomp on my foot, Ross. I may be stronger than you, but you have pointy edges." Ross turns his head to stick out his tongue at his brother. "Careful Ross, that tongue might get caught." Ross gasps and smacks his brother's chest. "You can't say stuff like that in front of new people! I'm sorry, Binji, that was inappropriate of Leon to say. He and I have a close bond, and we often share.. Everything." A light embarrassed flush passes across Ross' cheeks, but he feels an explanation is needed for Leon's teasing, borderline flirting.

Not quite sure what he wasn't supposed to answer it took a minute to understand the phrasing. "Oh. The tattoos on my body. It is a sign of great honor. It also lets outsiders know that I am as my people call, 'god touched'. Not many of our pack had gifts, and certainly not cold like mine." Voice bland he let go of their hands. His right hand rested on his stomach thinking of the other tattoos hidden by his clothes. "Others. Other tattos are-" He swallowed and rushed out the words, "They're given to pack members slotted to be breeders as chosen by the elders for their gifts. One they reach two decades old." The young wolf stared down at the ground worried how they'd take that bit of information.

Binji watched the interchange between them finding himself lost again. Until Ross offered a vague explanation. "Everything?" It took a moment before it clicked and then he felt his cheeks grow hot. He nodded curtly and shrugged. "I envy your closeness. Do not hide it because of me." Binji rocks on his feet a moment not looking at them. "I like watching you two. Your closeness. It comforts me. I'm sorry if that's weird."

Again he shrugged. Feeling awkward he kicked into a slow jog toward the woods. They wanted the rabbit after all, so he'd get the rabbit. That he knew how to handle.

When Binji blurts out the bit about breeders, the twins scowl. Leon even growls, but it's clear his reaction isn't directed at Binji, but to the fact that he was destined for that. Ross moves his free hand to rub Leon's back. "I'm sorry your pack felt that was necessary. That will never happen to you here, Binji. Your abilities make you special, yes, but that special essential is to be protected, not controlled to produce more." Ross glances at Leon, then presses his lips into a thin line. Leon gives an almost imperceptible shake of his head, and Ross nods.

When Binji turns to go find the rabbit, Leon stands and heads into the house. Ross sighs quietly, but stays out to wait for Binji. Leon needs to be alone for now, to calm down. The subject of packs using members as breeders had always been a very touchy subject for him.

The twins' reactions twisted his gut, and he fled to the woods. He was glad, relieved, thrilled that they weren't going to make him impregnate females. Overjoyed that he didn't have to have children. Didn't have to have sex with another female. The anxiety energy mixed with this relief to sped his feet. One thing he could always rely on. His body's ability to run. The ground blurred beneath his feet, but he wasn't used to all this undergrowth. Wasn't used to this particular terrain. He stumbled over a fallen branch and flipped head over heels. Earth and leaves kicked up around him and he sputtered out dirt and foliage. Stunned he sat on the ground the nose tingling scent of rich soil and sharp pine scent filling him. All that tension just burst and he laughed. He'd just tumbled like an over eager pup on its first hunt.

Chuckling he dusted off his jeans and stood. The tumble cleared his mind and cleansed him. He shook off the leaves and breathed in deep. Faintly he scented death, and rabbit. Binji nodded to himself and followed his nose deeper into the woods until he found the discarded critter. Back in hand he made his way back to Ross hoping that both his alphas were able to look him in the eye. That Leon was okay. Head high he savored the feel of the undergrowth, of earth beneath his feet.

Thankfully the rabbit had fallen within eye shot of the lodge. His arm strength wasn't nearly that of his legs. Foot falls light he exited the woods eyes locked on his new alpha.

Ross' sharp hearing catches the sound of crashing through underbrush, and he leans forward. But he doesn't jump up to go see if Binji is okay. If there were silence, he would call out, first. But then he hears laughter and relaxes. Thinking of the sort of place Binji comes from, no doubt he's no accustomed to watching his footing for upturned roots.

When Binji comes back into view, Ross smiles, leaning back slightly on his hands. He chuckles as the boy comes closer, tilting his head. "You've got dirt on your cheek, Binji." Ross' voice is teasing. Then he looks at the rabbit, and repeats his question from earlier. "Do you want a knife to skin that?"

Brows lifting he touched his cheek, but didn't feel dirt. Figuring it was the other side he touched it too, but again didn't feel the dirt. Clearly missing the exact spot. "Yes, a knife would help." He supposed he could skin the dead critter without one, but it wouldn't be very neat. The meat was bruised enough from getting tossed anyway. At this point he wanted to salvage as much as he could. He would have to catch something else, something bigger to give to his alphas as a gift. This meager gift was more of a gift from them to him really. That they were accepting him damaged and all.

"Is Leon..." Binji bit his lip and rocked up onto the balls of feet. Afraid to ask what he desperately wanted to he kept quiet. There were plenty of questions bouncing around in his head that he didn't have the courage to ask, but this one he felt was actually necessary. "Is he okay? About...the tattoos?"

Ross pushes to his feet and moves to the outdoor kitchen on the deck, pulling what is clearly a skinning knife from one of the drawers. Evidently, though they do buy groceries from human stores, hunting still happens. Ross approaches Binji, lifting his empty hand slowly so as not to startle the boy. His thumb brushes away dirt from Binji's left cheekbone. Then he passes the knife to the boy.

Ross sighs when Binji sks about Leon, sitting down in the grass. "The tattoos are fine, Binji. Don't worry. The problem is the meaning behind the ones that, I assume, are under your shirt. The breeder tattoos." Ross pauses, inviting Binji to sit and work on the rabbit. "When we were fifteen, Leon's good friend went with her mother to a new pack, following her mother's new mate. However, once they learned Leon's friend had abilities, they killed her mother and started breeding her. At fifteen. Her ability was teleportation within her range of sight, but it was closely linked to her emotions, so any time she got stressed, her power would trigger. This meant every time she became pregnant, her power would cause her to miscarry."

Ross runs his hands through his blue hair, folding his legs. It's a sensitive subject, but he feels it's important for Binji to know. Everyone in the pack does, except children of course, so they know to avoid the subject. "It took her four years to escape. She made her way back here, but her spirit was so broken. In the end, she killed herself to escape her trauma. Leon did everything he could to try and help her, but it wasn't enough. He blames himself for being unable to help her, and because of what happened to her, he hates packs that still use members as breeders."

Pale eyes lock onto the hand, and his stomach clenches. "Um, thank you." Swallowing he took the knife trying hard to ignore the pounding in his chest. He took the rabbit over to the outside cook area to skin the rabbit. Skilled hands smooth over the fur looking for the right place to slip in the blade. Skin bunched up he slid the tip in and started cutting. The wolf continued skinning the rabbit as Ross explained the reason for Leon's upset. The story really hit home and he found himself just staring down at the partially skinned rabbit.

"I'm sorry to of brought up such hard memories for him." Binji gripped tight the rabbit's loosened skin and pulled it down the body using the blade expertly to separate the flesh. "I tend to be overly blunt. I didn't think." Voice hard he cut around the rabbit's paws to cut free the skin. A larger knife would be more suited to cut them off, that and the head. Though if they were going to stew the meat maybe he should keep the head on. "Since our pack was always at war making the next generation of soldiers was held in high importance." Binji sighed a hand drifting to rest over his abdomen again.

Ross has no problem watching Binji's progress on the rabbit. Such things are normal, and he was brought up with them, just like every child wolf. He shakes his head at the boy's apology, though. "It's not your fault, Binji, you didn't know. Leon will be alright, he just needs time to calm down."

Ross sees the way Binji's hand goes to his abdomen, and he smiles softly. "Does it bother you? To still have those tattoos? You can always get them changed, or covered." Ross rubs at his left calf, an itch response more than anything. Just one of those idle itches, but the timing and conversation topic probably make it seem like he's awkward.

He nodded and tried to focus on the task at hand. No need to accidentally cut himself after all. They seemed on edge enough as it was with him than to add him cutting himself. Smoothly he worked the blade up and around bone careful not to damage the meat. Not even realizing his hand had drifted again he tensed as Ross brought attention to it. "Oh, um. I guess I never thought of that. They're just something I haven't thought of really since-" His mind flashed back to the massacre and suddenly the sight of the bloody rabbit sickened him.

Stumbling backward he turned his back on the kill. He was about to press his hands to his face only to smell the blood. His stomach threatened to up-heave his meal from before, and he gagged. Feet wobbly he went out into the yard breathing shallow. "I'm sorry. I just need a moment." Hands out away from his face he breathed in the fresh air. Head back he sighed shakily. "Can I wash m-my hands? Get a glass of water?"

Being sure not to look at his kill he rocked on his feet and glanced at Ross. "Is there a hose? I don't want to drip blood in the house."

Ross is alarmed by the sudden backward stumble, and the look of panic in Binji's eyes. The sound of the boy gagging worries him even more. Ross is across the grass and next to Binji by the time he's asking to wash his hands. The twin had moved fast, but Binji wasn't looking at him. When asked for a hose, Ross nods. "Wait here."

Ross jogs back to the deck, going around the stairs to the left side and unrolling the hose hung there. The water is always cold, but that's not a consideration right now. Back over to Binji, Ross turns on the water, holding it for the boy. "Binji, I don't normally pry into newcomers' pasts, but I need to know what just happened. You seemed fine, but then you were panicking. I need to know what happened. If this happens in the future midhunt, it could mean endangering other members."

When Ross left him he exhaled loudly and his shoulders shook violently. A tear escaped and he cursed under his breath. He rolled a shoulder and wiped it away. The sound of feet and slithering of hose, brought his attention over to his alpha. Not wanting to worry the alpha even more he pushed a shaky, weak smile. "Thank you." His shoulders ease the moment the water started and he thrust his hands into the cold stream. "Thank you."

The question was reasonable, and completely valid. Biting his lip Binji scrubs at his hands until the water runs clear trying to calm himself before talking. "The skinned rabbit reminded me of the last night. The night I ran. The night the rest of my pack was-" voice breaking he splashed his face with water, "My pack was slaughtered. It wasn't war at that point. It was a massacre. I was fine one minute. Then." Binji shuddered and splashed his face again. "Thinking of my past with the blood on my hands combines. It just. It triggered it."

Stepping away from his alpha he marched over to the rabbit with gritted teeth. He might have been raised in preparation to become a breeder, but he was also brought up in a militaristic pack. Cowardice was not allowed. Binji picked up the blade and started working swiftly once more. "I'll be fine." He yanked on the fur removing the last bit from the head. "Now that I know it is an issue I won't let it happen again, alpha." The young wolf's voice started off trembling but ended as cold steel.

Ross gives Binji a sad look as he explains what happened. Not one of pity, far from it, just sadness that the boy had to go through that. He doesn't say anything as he shuts off the water and pulls the hose along sonits there for Binji to rinse his hands again when he's finished with the rabbit. It makes Ross' heart ache to hear Binji's voice become so hard. Hopefully with time, the boy learns he can relax and be vulnerable here. But for now..

"Binji, what did I say about calling me alpha? We use names here, not ranks." Ross rolls his eyes, folding his arms over his chest. But he's relaxed, and the left corner of his mouth is curved up in amusement. "Seriously, just use my name, please?" Ross sits on the grass next to Binji, one leg stretched out and the other folded.

Back
Top Bottom