Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Brains, Brawn, and the Teasing Between (Knight & BreezinBy)

KnightofLight

Super-Earth
Goku had long worked to become the best. He'd trained, he'd fought, he happened to have defend Earth a few times, and he'd collected the Dragon Balls with his friends. One such friend was Bulma Briefs. She'd run into him years ago and she'd run into him again at the 23rd World Tournament. When she'd seen him last he was young but now he was taller. He'd finally and properly grown into his own. Not only that but his power had grown too as he fought and beat Tienshenhan who had proved to be a worthy opponent after beating him last time. Piccolo was the strongest among them though and the battle had decided much more than the fate of just the championship. At the end of it all, however, the arena was destroyed but Goku was the champion. He'd celebrated with a hearty meal during which time he realized he didn't have a place to stay. After a conversation Bulma agreed to host him at her place and he was fine with that. She'd enticed him into it saying she had some ideas for training devices and he was in before she could blink twice almost. Fighting was basically his world.

And now here he was. He'd only been staying there for a few days now if that. Most of his time was spent doing his normal routine of waking up, eating, training, eating, training, resting for a little bit, training, and so on. He was almost scarily good at refining his form. It wasn't that he didn't relax, he did, but unless Bulma wanted his attention for something he was often training or thinking about it more than doing anything else. Today, however, was going to be exciting. Bulma had told him she was working on something and he was eager to find out. Considering how smart she was he knew it was going to be amazing. How much better was he going to be able to train?

He was dressed as he always was in his Hermit style Gi. It was hard to break the habit and he was just comfortable in it. It was flexible and gave him plenty of room of motion. Beyond that he could just was it easily with a dip in the water if he needed to. Sure they had machines for that but he didn't think about that too much. Goku had always been pretty free spirited so he was still used to just flying all over the place, going to new areas, training, and coming back. It was just a part of who he was. But if she'd made some kind of training device for him then, well, he had a reason to stick around more during the day didn't he? He scratched his head as he waited for Bulma to lead him in or tell him what he should be excited for. Just what was it? At this point, and it had only been a moment since she'd told him that it was basically ready, he was already eager to try it and the smile on his face said that.

Bulma had spent the last few months plotting a scheme for Goku. Now, it wasn’t something nefarious. It also wasn’t something that she’d be unafraid to tell Goku about, Bulma had no reason to do anything like that to Goku. No, her scheme was centered around getting Son Goku’s attention. She never thought that Goku would have grown into such a hunk but he had. No longer was he the monkey-like boy, he was a man, and what a man he was. He was decidedly not an easy target for romance. Romance was something that he was completely unaware of, he had told Bulma in the past few months that he thought marriage was something you ate. His knowledge of affection seemed to be whoever fed him the best dinner or who could throw the hardest punch. Bulma, although she wasn’t helpless, certainly couldn’t throw a punch like him. So, her tactics had to lie somewhere in the middle of the two. Playing off his love of food, his love of training and everything else.

A training device was something that she had thought about for years. It was at first an idea to get Goku to stay in one place so he wouldn’t cause too much trouble, even if it might upset her mom and dad having him stay at Capsule Corp for too long. Which was fair, Goku might have broken some things if he was left to his own devices there. Goku was better behaved around her, at least she thought so. He wasn’t as crazy at the very least and she had the fire in her spirit to hold him back if he did anything wrong. Which was more than possible with how clueless Goku was and how clueless he seemed to stay. If anyone hadn’t changed at all, it was Goku.

Bulma was fashionable as always, even if she seemed to change her look every few weeks. Today, she had decided to wear something casual. A lab coat draped over her body, though it was wrinkled in a few areas, telling Goku that she probably hadn’t decided to iron it. She was wearing a light green tank top underneath, which showed some midriff. There also was a generous amount of cleavage to the outfit Goku was clueless but even he would notice a rack like that, right? She hoped, otherwise part of the plan had already failed. When Goku arrived, she ran into place and waved over at him.

“Hey, come on in, Goku. Sorry for keeping you waiting, I was just doing the finishing touches on your gift. So, let’s hop right in and see what’s happening, okay?” Bulma said with a friendly smile, though she had a different tone of voice than usual. Slower, more focused on Goku himself.

Goku wasn’t really sure what to expect. Bulma changed clothes a lot so maybe it was new weighted clothes or something. He thought of everything in terms of battle so while he noticed her tendency to keep fashionable he tried to connect it to things he knew. He also doubted that would be the case. She was too excited for it to be just that.

Right?

She was dressed pretty normal as far as he was concerned. She asked him inside but he tilted his head. Her shirt seemed a bit lower than normal. The reason he noticed is because of her cleavage. Had she gotten bigger?

“Wow, I guess you’re still growing.”

He pointed right at her breasts proving, once more, that Goku failed to understand fundamental aspects of people. But perhaps him noticing was what she’d wanted. Either way he didn’t wait when she told him to hop in. Goku moved quickly, just short of a run, to get to the device.

“So what do I need to do?”

"I'm not growing, Goku, but it's nice you've finally noticed." Bulma laughed before giving Goku a little nudge. She wasn't used to Goku actually paying attention to her but she wasn't opposed to it. She then turned away, she had something to show to him finally, something that he'd love. And perhaps something that would get him to stick around. She hoped it'd get him to stick around because if it didn't, she had wasted about two months of her time for nothing. It was something that took so much time, it was something that she had to take the gamble on. So, she kept a confident smile on her face, she looked at and turned her head. She hoped that Goku was willing to pay attention to her because he finally noticed her body. "So, what I'm going to do is show you something that you'll love, Goku. You like training right? But everything seems pretty easy for you now. Well, what if I said that I had a way to make training interesting again?"

She pressed a button as the device started to hum and a door opened. "Step into the room, Goku! I think you'll get it as soon as you step in there."

Goku's head titled the moment she said that she wasn't growing. So she'd always been that big? Wow, it was kind of amazing. She seemed proud of it though so he smiled. Regardless the moment she mentioned that there was something that he'd love and that it was training his brain switched over. His focus turned from her to where the door opened. Goku looked at it for a long moment trying to figure out what it was before he decided to throw caution to the wind and just ran inside without missing a beat. He looked back at her as he stepped inside and smiled at her.

"So how does it work?"

He stood just on the other side of the door before he felt something was happening. Weight being added to him more and more. He grunted as he felt the effects of gravity multiplying on him.

"It feels like it's pushing down on me."

He grunted before standing up straight letting his ki reinforce his body a bit. It wasn't on very high so it had only caught him by surprise. Already he could see how this would help him train though. Within moments of realizing it he started running.

"How high can it go?"

Bulma laughed at Goku's eager reaction, it was expected but still amusing. He was the same person he always was, the same kind of dumb kid that didn't get any of the words that she told him or anything like that. The fact that he was still a clueless boy in an adult man's body was quite amusing to her, something that she'd cherish because of just how stupid Goku could be. Yet, as he asked her how high it could go, her smile lessened a bit. Sure, Goku could take a lot but it wasn't like there was no limits to what his body could take. And she wasn't willing to test that out at the moment. Still, since he asked as she walked towards the machine and rose the gravity in the chamber by about 50% of it's current state, seeing if Goku could handle something like that.

"Well, if you want me to be honest, it can't go much higher than 3-4 times gravity. Beyond the materials just not being there for it, it's not like you need anything more than that." Bulma said with a bit of a laugh. "Also I think you should ease yourself into something like that, Goku, because otherwise you might end up getting flattened. You gotta be sure you can take the gravity, you know? I just figured you'd like a gift like this! Seeing as you always complain there's no place to test your limits."

Goku couldn't help himself. Training was what he lived for when he wasn't fighting. He was mostly ignorant to everything else and his world revolved around that. When he stepped inside he turned to ask her the obvious question. She raised the gravity and he gritted his teeth. There was strain on his features but he was able to make himself stand up. He had to focus and that was something in and of itself. His breathing became deeper and more regular as he focused himself. She told him that it could only go to about three or four times gravity. He nodded at that before turning and starting to walk. He stumbled once or twice as the balance was shifting on him. Still, he was adjusting.

"I'll make great use of this."

He kept walking with every step feeling just as difficult as the last but this was the kind of thing he wanted.

"Thanks Bulma! I never would have been able to get this kind of training with anyone else. I'll have to find a way to repay you. I don't have any money though..."

Goku began to jump and note how it effected his body as he tried to use his ki to fly though he could barely stay off the ground without feeling rough.

"Money's no problem, Goku, I'm rich!" Bulma said with a bit of a self-aware laugh. "I don't think I need much from you considering how often you've saved me. I think I've lost count the amount of times you've saved all of us. There's nothing I could pay you back with that matches that."

Bulma looked at Goku's attempt to train and thought about how whenever the situation got bad, he rose up to face it. He might not have been bright but Goku was certainly brave. Braver than most people and certainly braver than Yamcha. Not that she'd diss her ex for too much, he wasn't a bad guy. He just had a tendency to be scared of things. Goku might have the opposite problem however, his lack of fear might have made him more of a threat to himself and the people around him. The fearlessness of Goku was a great strength but also could be a great weakness in the wrong hands.

Her mind went another direction as she looked at Goku working out, however, one that she had to admit was not likely to change. She bit her lip as she looked at his muscular form struggled against the weight of the gravity chamber. It was working out every muscle in his body to move like that and she knew that Goku would eventually need to take a break. Maybe that was when she'd make her next move.

"Huh? If you say so."

He shrugged as if it didn't make too much sense. As far as he was concerned saving the world was secondary to the fights he'd had. Sure, he never let his friends get hurt when he could help it but saving Earth wasn't really at the front of his mind most of the time. He loved a challenge and they had provided it time and time again. He'd throw himself into a fight and give it everything to come out on top and he saved people doing it which made it that much better. Still, he wasn't going to complain about having this training place for free. After all, he was going to be able to improve even more now! With that in mind he started moving.

Unaware, or not really thinking about it, he was putting on a sort of show for Bulma. His muscles constantly flexed attempting to get used to the gravity. Every motion was weighty and caused him to expend more and more energy. He could handle this for a good little while no doubt as he flew, punched, kicked, and ran around in the gravity chamber. His clothes increasingly clung to him as he sweat from the effort and fighting he was doing. His voice became more strained as he grunted and growled or called out attacks as he fired ki blasts or energy beams for himself to dodge.

After a good thirty minutes he turned the machine off and laid down right on the ground.

"Okay, it's kind of great. But it'll take a lot of getting used to."

He smiled as he stared up at the ceiling.

"Did it handle everything okay Bulma? I didn't break anything right?"

Back
Top Bottom