Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Question Email Messages

KnightofLight

Super-Earth
Hey there, so maybe I'm just daft and missing the option but as it stands now when someone replies to a thread or a message I get the email, sure enough, but it basically just directs me to the site.

Is there any option to have the email include the reply or message itself so that way in a situation like when I'm at work I can have the email show me the text of the reply/message without me having to click through to go to the site in order to read it?

I hope that made sense but I was curious and couldn't see anything when I looked through though I wouldn't put it past me to have just missed a box somewhere or something.

So if I'm understanding, you're looking for the email to show you the text of the message/conversation in the email, right? I believe it does that for threads that you're watching but I don't think we can do it for Emails.

Yeah, so like for example it did show the message this time for this reply (and perhaps it has before and I missed it because most of my RPs at this point are PMs) but for messages like PMs it didn't. If that's not possible that's fine I just wanted to ask and be sure.

Sadly I don't think it's possible for it to be done with PM's, or at least I am not aware of any option to do so with PM's.

Alrighty, well, thank you for taking the time to answer. I can make do without but it would have been just a little easier if I could.

I think Veks has said before in topics like this, that he was having problems with people responding to the email alert as if it was the private message. So, possibly that is the reason PM email alerts just direct you to the site; because too many folks were getting confused and sending their sexy rp replies to the BMR admin email. Heh.

Veks stated that he would rather not be messaged with dozens of sordid replies, yeah. I remember reading it and laughing, was a pretty good point. I don't mind the way it is, can login on my phone to read a reply if I must.

I think Veks has said before in topics like this, that he was having problems with people responding to the email alert as if it was the private message. So, possibly that is the reason PM email alerts just direct you to the site; because too many folks were getting confused and sending their sexy rp replies to the BMR admin email. Heh.
This, mostly.

It is also a spam issue, if someone sends a link I can get blacklisted (which has happened) and that is a pain.

Back
Top Bottom