Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Tragic MFM throuple

Xanaphia

Union Smut Peddler
Male character A (MCA) and Female character (FC) had the perfect relationship. Success, passion, devotion, a baby on the way, only for tragedy to strike the MCA. FC is left heartbroken and alone. She turns to Male Character B (MCB) for comfort and help. Perhaps he is MCA's brother, or close relative, or even just best friend, and he doesn't want to see MCA's widow and child go without. What starts as an effort to help FC out turns into a full romance as the years pass.

Somehow, however, MCA is given a second chance at life. He comes back into the picture, eager to reclaim his old life, only to find MCB in his place, raising his child and sleeping with his wife. Things become complicated. FC still loves MCA, but she also loves MCB, too; neither man is willing to stand down. But maybe this threesome can negotiate a new relationship, where no one is left out?

• Setting can be negotiated, though I am not particularly looking for medieval fantasy at this time. I would only be willing to go back as far as victorian or western, as far as a historical setting goes. But a modern story or urban fantasy setting, or near futuristic cyberpunk, or distant sci-fi setting could be really fun.
  • I would also love it if there were an external story happening around this relationship drama.
  • Cheating can occur, but I am not really looking for cuckolding in this. I am much more interesting in a relationship that evolves into polyamory.
  • The child is a negotiable plot element, but I think it adds more drama.
Looking for two players to play the men in this scenario!

Hi Xanaphia,

I'll toss my name in the hat for one of the men, and my preference is that the two men are close companions or friends. If we're doing a modern day setting there could be many reasons for MCA to disappear; a boating accident that leaves his body lost, an explosion on an overseas mission that leaves him MIA and considered DOA, or some kind of accident (plane, train, or ?) that puts many bodies too burned to be identified.

I'm happy to write in the settings you described, from Victorian/Western to the future, urban supernatural to cyberpunk.

If we can find another writer willing to write a male we can hash out the details and see what comes of this.

Hi Xanaphia,

I'll toss my name in the hat for one of the men, and my preference is that the two men are close companions or friends. If we're doing a modern day setting there could be many reasons for MCA to disappear; a boating accident that leaves his body lost, an explosion on an overseas mission that leaves him MIA and considered DOA, or some kind of accident (plane, train, or ?) that puts many bodies too burned to be identified.

I'm happy to write in the settings you described, from Victorian/Western to the future, urban supernatural to cyberpunk.

If we can find another writer willing to write a male we can hash out the details and see what comes of this.
Hey Traveler, thanks for your interest. Life got busy, and I am not sure I still have the time to invest into a new plot at the moment. Though, it would be easier to convince myself I do have the time if I had a couple partners here. Truth be told, I would love a greater external plot beyond the complicated relationship between the threesome, but that might be asking for entirely too much.

I completely understand getting busy! If someone else has interest we can discuss the external plot. That would depend entirely on whether the third party is willing to help us write side characters and what topics they are interested in exploring.

In novel writing we have several threads of story happening beneath the umbrella of a 'big story.' Usually it's something where the fate of the region, if not the world, rests upon our protagonists' actions. So, whether it is a feuding business interest, mafia/western outlaws trying to blackmail the heroes, or a pending war, the threads all weave together to tell the bigger story, and the relational happenings with the three are almost a subset to the greater arc.

It may be difficult to find another person who would be willing to put in the work to do the pre-plotting to make that happen, and even harder to find someone who will stick to it long enough for the story to properly develop. If they do show up, and you have time, I'll be around. ;)

I'd be happy to throw my name in as the other male.

I've been looking for some MMF fun lately (usually as me playing both males) so this could be a bit more interesting and entertaining! Very open to which role I play as well as the plot!

Okay, so while this is a fairly standard trope, I was inspired by two particular pieces of media. The first was the old 90's Spawn cartoon, which features Spawn returning to life 5 years after his death to get his revenge on his killer, and reunite with his wife. It doesn't quite work out for him, given that he has a deformed and decayed body, but the concept leaves a lot of room for interesting dynamics.

The other major piece of media inspiring this craving is Handmaid's Tale, where June was happily married to her husband, Luke, before forcibly separated from him by the dystopian government looking to turn her into a broodmare for the state. While assigned to a commander, she has an affair with his driver, Nick, and gets pregnant by him. Nick, June and Luke have an increasingly complicated relationship moving forward, as they struggle against dystopian government and the brewing revolution.

I don't really want to do a fandom, nor do I want to rehash either idea beat for beat, but I would love to pull from either or both to create something heart wrenching and dramatic, underscored by the tragic situation between the three. Does that spark any ideas for either of you?

I just picked up a fantasy-centric thruople that I really want to do and won't have time to focus on both. Sorry about that - I have to back out.

Interested.

Are the two male characters essentially gonna be competing? Or is it basically a story of gangbangs while both men enjoy themselves?

While I am certainly fond of gangbangs, hope to to include a few, the main focus of this story would be the emotional tug of war for the three people involved. I was looking more for a cooperative polyamorous scenario, than a competitive one.

Back
Top Bottom