Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

I Need A Hero [ BlooBlanket x BunBun ]

Strange Days

"ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ sᴛᴜᴘɪᴅ."
The rumble of Charlotte's 1967 GTA Fastback was something that always comforted her, wherever she happened to go, it was always a reminder of days long gone by, as well as her far, far away family. It was hard to resist the urge to go back and leave everything behind, but that was certainly not an option for the woman.

She kept her eyes firmly focused on the road, hands on the steering wheel and back firmly reclined against the driver's seat. Her brown eyes were carefully surveying the lane, though it didn't look as if there was anyone else on the road. It wasn't summer quite yet, so tourists were unlikely to coast them as they drove into town. She took a moment to adjust the pair of sunglasses perched atop of her wavy brown hair, as well as zipping up the red hoodie she was wearing. Gradually, however, her attention would shift to the other woman sitting beside her, asleep on the passenger's seat and with a blanket draped over her shoulders. Victoria always seemed to be so peaceful while napping, no matter the occasion. She had never gone without sleep as far as Charlotte knew, not even during their training years at the HA.

She'd tap on her shoulder gently, trying to swipe the blanket away and reveal her features as she'd call upon her. "Vic? Won't you get up? Not even for pancakes?" She asked as the profile of a diner slowly came up over the horizon. They were running low on gas as well, which meant they had to stop at the service station it was most likely affiliated with in the meantime. Plus...she was getting quite hungry and didn't exactly want to wait around for the cramps to kick in and ruin the breathtaking dawn out of the windshield, the air nice and chilly now that they were approaching the sea.

"It's a nice morning too, maybe it wasn't so bad to be assigned here after all. I expected a really drab place." She muttered to herself while making a turn to enter the establishment's parking lot and gently pulling the brakes after a neat display of her parking skills by stopping between two beaten-up station wagons.

Victoria was fast asleep on the passenger seat, something about the rumble of a car engine and the sound of the road just put her to sleep like nothing else. Curled up with her knees pulled up on the seat, she had dropped her high heel leather boots a long time ago. A car seat wasn't the most comfortable place to sleep but someone how the tall woman manged to make it work with the seat fulled reclined and her head resting on the beat's back shoulder.

Her platinum blonde hair a little messy as half of her undercut hang in her face, covering most of her soft features, lids tightly closed, lips light open as she drooled just a little. The warm blanket tightly pulled up to her chin. On the backseat rested her leather jacket that she normally wore, she just hated to sleep with a jacket on. Sleep was certainly one of Vic's weird weaknesses, she just needed it like many others. Maybe not as much as a 'normal' human, at least not in the classic sense, but she needed it.

The first tap did nothing, Victoria didn't even react. Only the second one combined with the try to pull the blanket away got more of a reaction from the blonde. "Nnngh~ Nuh, mommy. I dun wanna go..." she mumbled in her sleep, clearly still somewhere else with her thoughts. Only as the woman on the driver seat spoke up was there a more clear answer. Vic's eyes slowly fluttering open as she groaned only to close again, "Pancakes?" One of her other weaknesses, she did love pancakes. While not opening her eyes yet, and still clinging to her blanket, she showed enough signs to signal that she was awake. "I could go for pancakes," she mumbled with a sly grin growing on her plump lips. She was never a morning person or well a 'waking up' person. Always needing a moment longer.

Now fully awake she could feel her body, the light soreness of sleeping on a passenger seat, the light tingle in her bladder, the emptiness of her stomach. A soft groaning vibrating in her throat as she slide up into a sitting position, still holding the blanket up to her chin.

"It is a nice morning," she mused with her eyes finally open, scanning the road and the incoming dinner. "We'll see, won't we, mm?" she asked with a smile, her green eyes looking over to Charlotte.

Her mumbling definitely didn't go unnoticed, Charlotte wondering if her dear friend really was stuck in dreamland and had genuinely confused her for her mother, or perhaps, she was simply showing a side of her personality she didn't want to reveal outright. Regardless, it was time to go, and as she took the keys out of the ignition and pocketed them, the long-haired woman would chuckle. "I'm not your mommy I'm afraid. Aren't you a big girl, Vic? Surely you didn't mistake me for her."

This kind of rebuking was always something they enjoyed, since their first handshake, they had been quite close to one another and even requested to be assigned to the same location. Every birthday or holiday for the past ten or so years? They spent it together, and were often inseparable. This trip was of no exception of course, despite the fact that she secretly hoped they would have gotten even closer to one another. But things right now were good enough, and she wasn't one eager to shift dynamics quite yet.

"Come on, put those boots on and let's walk to the diner. Unless you'd prefer something more comfortable? I have sneakers, flip-flops, ballet shoes, tennis one. Really, you know where my bag is. Just don't touch the costume and we'll be good." The one thing they had agreed on at the start was to not discuss their job unless it was needed, but she felt like there was no way around it. To people like them, those often scant articles of clothing represented their very own individuality and a huge step towards intimacy. So, another silent agreement between the two women was that missions were the only time to be seen wearing them.

"It's a nice day indeed, nice enough to take a walk, have breakfast and relax." She'd reply, closing the car door behin her and starting to walk towards the building. As she got to the entrance, they were greeted with the delicious smell of crunchy bacon, coffee and a homely atmosphere. It was rather crowded despite it being quite early in the morning, with many families on roadtrips and locals having stopped by for a quick meal.

A young, blonde-haired woman would walk towards them, menu in hand while a nametag that spelled out "Beth" in neat cursive letters made her name known to the two tall women that had walked in.

"Hi! Welcome to Caprera's. May I show you one of our tables?" She asked in a courteous tone, tilting her head tp the side, one of the golden locks falling over her ear.

"Hi Beth, that would be great." Charlotte replied while pocketing her sunglasses.

"Follow me, then!" She replied with a smile, showing them the way across the counter and to the back of the room, near one of the large windows which made for a view on the nearby road and gas pumps. They sat at the clean table, and were handed a plastified menu with several options on it. Two clean mugs were brought to them as well, and soon filled to the brim with coffee.

"I'll have Caprera's Breakfast Menu. With... blueberries and whipped cream as a topping. My friend prefers maple syrup and strawberries." She'd look over at Victoria for any corrections before thanking the waitress and watching as she'd disappear behind the kitchen's double doors.

Charlotte would take out a neat white pack and her silver Zippo, and light herself a cigarette, taking a puff before offering one to Victoria as well. "Want one?" She asked while bringing the ashtray forward and letting herself relax for a moment.

Victoria was stuck in dreamland, at least for a few moments. Not that she had genuinely confused Charlotte for her mother but maybe there wqs some subconscious thought that slipped out. Either way it went mostly unnoticed and it was time for breakfast. "Sometimes," she shrugged with a sly grin to the question if she was a big girl. "What? No. I did't mistake you for my mom, jeez," she deflected with a light eye roll. Quickly turning around to hide the light glow in her cheeks. Did she really let a mommy slip? Ugh.

Luckily the two knew each other long enough that it could all just be folded up under playfun banter between friends. Yes, friends. That all they were, very good friends. Best friends. Maybe even a little bit more, at least Victoria always hoped so but there was always -something- that came in between. Other people, dates, the job, weird awkwardness, the list of excuses was long. Always this fear of pushing too far and destroying what they have but at the same time also hoping for more. As much as a hero she was in public life, she was a coward when it came to her love life.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm coming," she huffed while slipping into her boots and pulling the zippers shut. "I'm fine. My boots are just comfortable enough. I won't touch your damn costume ," she giggled while getting out of the car and reaching for her leather jacket on the backseat. Vic never minded discussing the job, well at least to a degree, she preferred talking about other things. Other things. Not that she ever understood Charlotte's obsession with her costume.

"It is a nice day, so far. I could use a walk, some nice breakfast, and more time relaxing. Yes to all of it." She said with a yawn while stretching her arms and arching her back before following along towards the dinner.

Victoria stayed quiet for the most parts besides the occasional yawn. "Hi Beth," she mumbled with a smile towards the young girl before following along to the table.

"I'll hav--" before she could even start her order she had to pause as Charlotte answered for her. Just starting at her for a moment with wide eyes before snapping the menu down with a light pout. "She is right," she admitted while looking at the girl before said waitress disappear. She liked Charlotte ordering for her, not that she would admit as such.

Leaning back in her seat she let out another yawn, her feet accidentally brushing against the other woman's. "Eh, sure why not?" she said while leaning over the table and taking one of the cigarettes only to pop it between her lips, waiting for Charlotte to lit it for her.

"Of course Vic, I know you pretty well if I do say so myself." She'd say with a grin, sipping some of the coffee while looking at her waiting to have her own cigarette lit up. They used to do this a lot. Sometimes, she'd be the one asking to have hers lit, however, now her friend wanted to be the target of this rite. She lifted the lighter up, the small flame slowly producing the familiar ember she had seen many times beforehand, and would then sit back down, comfortably while taking in some more smoke. They weren't the only ones, but their entrance had earned a few gazes from a group sitting not far from the two women. Clearly their appearance had to with it, but Charlotte chose to ignore it.

"Hmm... didn't expect this place to be so nice and clean. You know how gas stations and the like usually are. All greasy and dirty as all hell. Makes for a nice change of pace." She would nod to her comment, then raise her eyes as Beth was back in record time, setting down the plates with their orders. She'd earn a smile from the brunette, as well as a bill that she sneakily handed her.

"Thanks, honey. Have something extra while we're at it." She would wink at the waitress, earning a whispered "Thank you" from her as she'd take her fork and knife and began cutting the pancake up, the butt of her cigarette sitting on a pile of ash as a small smoke trail wafted over to the LED lights hanging about their heads. While chewing on one of the tasty morsels, she'd keep speaking to her friend at the other end of the breakfast table.

"Damn, this is good. So as I was saying yesterday, our house is already furnished, no need to bust our humps trying to move a few cardboard boxes." Charlotte was being ironic as usual. Victoria had seen her lifting cars without batting an eye, yet regular tasks such as lugging around baggages tired her out to no end and she'd dread having to perform them regardless of the occasion. She still remembered the woman acting all flustered after bringing their apartment's sofa all the way up to the stairs. But in a way, that's just how her friend was and nothing could change that part about her. Another groan of bliss soon followed as she'd keep wolfing down her breakfast like she usually did.

Victoria waited for her cigarette to be lit, leaning half over the table while Charlotte lifted up the light, her lungs sucking in some air thorugh the stick as the ember glistered at the end. "You do," she said with a smile before mumbling, "..and yet." A sly grin hushing over the blonde's lips before hiding it behind the cup of coffee. The cigarette burning away between her finger tips for the moment before being brought back up to her lips for a long puff, leaning back deep into the seat, ignoring any looks the two got. After a while she got used to them, well, not really but what could she do?

"Mhmm, it is pretty nice and clean. Wonder how the bathrooms are," she said with a long sigh, her eyes wandering around the room. "Yeah, normally. All dirty and yikes. This is a nice change of pace," she would agree before taking another puff of her cigarette, green eyes darting back to Charlotte. Smiling warmly at the waitress, she was fast. Not that Vic would complain over fast service.

"Thank you, my dear," she added to what Charlotte had already said before picking up her own fork and knife, digging into her pancakes. Having left her cigarette in the ashtray. Enjoying her food, just like Charlotte had ordered for her, while looking up form time to time to continue their conversation.

"Mhm, pretty good but I do love pancakes so I'm bias," she chuckled. "Those damn cardboard boxes, your archenemy," she teased with a grin, thinking back at how tiresome it could be for her. Victoria enjoyed her meal, eating just a tick slower than Charlotte while still stuffing it into her face like she hadn't eaten for weeks. Charlotte always had a talent to make her flustered but in a good way, in a way she enjoyed. She enjoyed a lot about the woman, if it was just spending time together. Humming softly to herself as she finished up her food. "So any other plans for today?"

"Wouldn't say they are my exclusive archenemy. Then again, there are many. More than I could even take care of!" She added with a chuckle while eating in silence. The woman couldn't help but notice how her friend seemed to be...acting rather oddly. First, that awkward slip-up in the car, then the blush that kept appearing on her cheeks. It was strange, and she didn't like to be surprised out of nowhere. But then again, nothing could exactly come from letting Victoria have some freedom of her own as well as her own little secrets.

"Ugh, I'm full. I doubt I'll be eating again today, especially after something so good." The woman would pat down on her stomach and spread out her arms over the pale blue booth she comfortably sat on, looking right about to doze off, much like her friend. A faint chuckle left her lips as she'd lean over the table, chin on her hand. There was something about that half eye-lidded look she gave the blonde that never failed to stir some conflicted feelings up inside of her.

"Why don't you go ahead and empty the tank back there, then? I'll keep watch over here, come on!" There was indeed a set of doors, one for men, and one for women. Both seemed to be clean and well-maintained, unlike the ones she had found during the trip to their new base of operations.

Charlotte would look around as Victoria went her separate way after some more small talk. Specifically, she was interested in a man wearing a raincoat with its' hood pulled over a baseball cap. His eyes, shifting about, indicated he was going to pull something for sure, and that soon came true as he pulled up a scarf over his nose and put a hand in his coat. Carefully stepping up the counter, where Beth was manning the cash register...

He pulled out a gun.

While part of her wanted to get up and scream at everyone to hide, she chose to remain quiet, biting her lip as the young woman froze mid-sentence into her greeting. Lifting his arm up to the ceiling, a loud shot would ring out, followed by a cacophony of screaming and hysterical crying. A woman clutched her son to her chest, trying to cover his eyes and whisper in his ear. The robber spoke up, his voice muffled. His voice was calm and collected, looking over at everyone in the diner and placing a hand on his chest.

"Now now, there is no need to panic. As long as you do what I tell you to, stay silent, and give me what I want, I won't shoot anyone." He seemed to be rational at the very least, though Charlotte was having none of that.

She sent a message to Victoria, since she always had her phone in her pocket.

"Maniac with a gun. Hide & wait like usual."

Her quick tapping, however, was soon noticed by the man, who started walking towards her, head fixated on the woman.

"Put. The fucking phone. Away." He hissed, starting to get...less reasonable than she had hoped him to be. It was always the cool and collected types that cracked first. Him pointing the gun straight at her did nothing to dissuade her from raising her eyes like he asked and slowly pushing the device away.

"Howdy, can I help you?" She asked, joining her hands and calmly looking at the robber like it was regular, everyday business.

"Oh so many," she teased with a grin before popping another slice of pancake between her lips. Was Victoria acting oddly? Maybe a little, things had changed or well not enough. The new assignment with her best friend, time pasting, her mind working, some reading here and there. Victoria had a lot of things on her mind and it often, if not always, involved Charlotte. Not that she had the courage to spill it out. Freedom and little secrets, what a lovely combination.

"Hmm, me too!" She said with a smile, pushing her empty plate away before stretching arms with a satisfied sigh. "This was good, lovely thing to wake up to," she added with a soft smile, closing her eyes just for a moment. "I could go back to taking nap," she sighed while resting her cheek against her hand, elbow propped up on the table. Green eyes gazing back into those half-open lids, grinning softly. She didn't know what to make out of the look but it did send a shiver down her spine.

"Mhm, good idea. Better go before you question my big girl-ness again," she laughed out, slowly sliding out the booth. Now Charlotte was even sending her to the bathroom in a way. Victoria had a teasing comment on her tongue but decided against it. Pulling her T-shirt in place while looking for the doors. "Be right back~" and with that she walked towards the woman's bathroom.

Inside the blonde didn't really noticed anything from what was happening outside, it was one of those bathroom with thick walls and she was sitting there in the stall furthest away from the entrance with her pants around her ankles. Fishing out the phone out her pocket she flipped it on with a confused look. What was so urged that it couldn't wait a few moments.

A annoyed sigh hushed over Victoria's lips. "Can't even pee in peace," she mumbled to herself, her words echoing through the stall and mixing in with the slashing sounds of her urine hitting the water below. Stupid car rides and her stupid stubbornness to ask for stops sooner, now she was sitting there for at least a few more moments.

"Okay."

She simply texted back, pushing to empty her bladder just a little faster.

Sooner or later she would be done with going for little superheroines, only to yank her panties and jeans back into place without wiping or flushing. Quickly walking up to the entrance of the bathrooms, peaking through the crack of the door. She didn't even was her hands. Her mind focused on something else.

The man blinked twice, obviously surprised by her calm tone and the way in which Charlotte looked at him. The phone's screen lit up with Victoria's reply, but since it had been placed behind a bottle of maple syrup and various other toppings, it couldn't be seen. However, knowing that the woman replied gave her a sense of security. This wasn't the first time they had tackled a robbery after all, or even an armed civilian for that matter.

The brunette calmly got up, hands raised as she's slowly start walking up to him, speaking loud and clearly to hopefully convince him to let the innocent clients and personnel get away before things would escalate. However, they may as well have escalated already with the way she behaved.

"Listen, I know things must be rough for you. But these are good people, they don't deserve it. Please, let them go at least. Because once someone alerts the police, and believe me, they will, things will get ugly for everyone involved." She started, putting one foot before the other, each covering one tile after another and closing the distance.

"Sit back down or I swear to God I am going to shoot." He replied, voice trembling. He clearly wasn't a pro, or at the very least, the situation was getting to him. There was too much anxiety in his voice.

"You won't shoot. I am someone you can tr-" At that moment, a loud crashing noise broke the silence of the diner, and instinctively...

Bang.

A shot rang out in the room, and Charlotte was down on the ground, eyes closed as a deep sigh left her lungs. As the barrel of the weapon started smoking and the murmur of voices started getting louder, with more hostages breaking down into tears, Beth included (slumped over the counter and with her precious menu over her head as she cowered in fear of her youth being cut too soon to have even enjoyed it), the man would point at her body and shout.

"You see what happens? Now start filling the bag." He said, pointing over at a duffel bag he had placed on his table. The task was given to a graying man, who started making the rounds, all under the robber's watchful gaze. Beth was ordered to lock all of the doors and bring the cooks out, making them kneel near the tables.

"If someone else wants to play hero, then be my damned guest. And don't you even think about running away, or someone outside will take care of you." From her position, Victoria could see Charlotte strewn about the checkered floor, as well as a car making the rounds of the lot. In it was another man, this time with his face completely covered by a black balaclava. So he did have an accomplice after all.

"But I am a Hero." Charlotte's voice would echo once more, as she raised herself off of the ground, the spent shell of the gun's bullet falling to the ground as she'd poke at the hole in her hoodie. "This was my favorite one, damn..." She muttered.

"Now listen here, big boy. We can do this two ways, either I kick your ass or you behave and sit down, we have a talk and-" Bang.

This time, it was her shoulder getting hit, and she stumbled back, massaging it.

"Ow. As I was saying-"

Bang.Bang.Bang.

She was peppered a few more times before the man would mouth off a "What the fuck!?" several times and fall back, gripping Beth's arm and pointing the weapon at her head.

"Listen here, freak. You make one more step, I am blowing her brains out." Followed by a shriek and cry of the waitres, cheeks stained with her ruined eyeliner as she begged to be spared.

Then, Charlotte gave her dear Victoria the signal, opening and closing her right hand. She knew her psionic powers could come in handy in such a situation, and as her rage mounted when she saw the bullet holes in her clothes, there definitely was the need to make sure the woman was secure before wailing on the robber. Sadly, she couldn't disable the gun herself and thus had to rely on some external help.

Victoria watched all this from her little hiding spot behind the bathroom door, through just the crack of the door. Her free hand balled into a fist as she was ready to go. Of course she her katana was back in the car, not like she carried the thing around to everything, not that she necessarily needed it.

On the signal, she bolted out thought the bathroom door but did it her best to not draw attention to herself. Eyes burning with rage, hands balled into firsts, as she quickly walked up behind the man. Luckily for her he seemed to be focused on Charlotte and Charlotte alone. The situation was dire and needed some delicate handing with the man having a hostage. She channeled some her energy into her right hand, forming a psionic knife, while didn't have the same length and reach as her Psionic-infused katana would have, it should do the trick. Her psionic shadow would hopefully help to mask her presence from the man. A veil purple mist that surrounded her like a haze. A purple haze. That's how she got her hero name after all, even through she dropped the purple part. Haze.

She quickly came up to the man, sneaking with knife of energy drawn. Just waiting for him to pointing away or giving her a window. Victoria's whole body tense with anticipation.

And there is was, a chance, a moment, the man distracted by Charlotte and the pistol not pointing at Beth's head for just a second. Victoria slide up from the side, a quick slash with her blade and the pistol was cut in half, rendering the firearm useless.

Victoria's intervention was unexpected, so much so that as the muzzle of the gun fell to the floor, Beth was let go of and the man began looking at the perfectly cut in half firearm he was holding, now a useless piece of hard plastic and metal rather than an efficient killing machine. She could see the fear in the robber's eyes just as Charlotte came forward and punched him, the bones of his nose and jaw giving a satisfying crunch as he was flung to the other side of the diner, right into a thankfully vacant table. The waitress looked in shock at the woman first, then at the unmoving criminal, unable to let out any sound other than a rattle.

"Relax, he isn't dead. I may have gone a little to hard on him. You-" She'd point at the graying man who had collected all of the other clients' belongings. "Give everything back to their owners and call the police." She'd kneel down to help Beth back up. "Beth, honey, get a better job. They don't pay you enough for this. At least demand a raise, okay? Okay." She'd receive an expressionless nod in return, which was good enough for the time being. Now, as for the other...

Charlotte couldn't see the car making the round of the parking lot. Swearing under her breath, she'd run towards the door and shoulder it open after shouting at Victoria. "Tie him up, then follow me!" She'd reach the parking lot, then focus and...in a split second, she raised herself in the air to overlook the area. The accomplice was quickly spotted, trying to drive back from where he came from, as fast as he could. There was somewhat of a hint of irony in all of this situation. Breakfast and a robbery? Now this was unheard of.

Charlotte would use the momentum from her flight to dive towards the fleeing car as fast as she was allowed to without breaking the sound barrier in a 60 MPH zone. It would have left a big mess to clean up were she to take the wrong measurements and slam into the culprit like a moth to a flame. She kept her arms crossed while hovering near the car's right side, winking at the balaclava-wearing goon as her hair was swept by the currents. "Doing good, buddy?" She'd ask before narrrowly dodging a spray of bullets that shattered the window and forced her to back up.

"Guess not." She would reply to the rhetoric question herself with a small, amused chuckle.

Victoria was just glad that it worked, that the girl was save. It was her primary concern at that moment. A soft sigh coming over her lips with the criminal defeated. Eyeing the man lying there knocked out before turning her attention back towards Charlotte. "Nice work," she said with a dry chuckle. Like always Charlotte seems to have everything under control. It was pretty common for Charlotte to be the one of the two that took control of the situation, telling people what to do, telling her what to do. Not that Victoria minded that much. Someone had to direct the people while they were still in shock.

"Wai--" she wanted to say but Charlotte was already out the door, Victoria giving it an eye roll before turning towards Beth. "Do what she said," she smiled warmly at the girl before walking over to the criminal, her psionic knife vanished as quickly as it came. Dragging him out from under the table and tying him up before following out the dinner with a huff. Breakfast and a robbery was really rather new, even for the pair.

Victoria quickly too flight herself, she wasn't as capable in that regard as Charlotte but good enough to quickly closing in on her and the car. The sounds of shots fired ringing through the air.

"Charlotte?!" she yelled from behind while closing it.

"I'm fine, Vic! Just stay away from the car windows! Our pal here has a gun, too." Charlotte knew her friend's skin wasn't as tough as hers, or her flight quite as swift. She had been giving her some tutoring so that they would be in sync when utilizing it together.

Focusing herself on the road in front of her, the woman felt all of the muscles in her body tightening and everything around becoming a blur as she'd gradually pass the moving car and then stop mid-air, several metres in front of it, crouching and anchoring her feet in the ground before sticking her arm out. "Be careful!" She shouted at the psionic-powered Hero as the vehicle crashed right into her, pushing Charlotte forward as her arm dug into the hood and caused it to crumple up, a metallic screech digging through her ears as a thick cloud of black smoke began rising into the air, the engine dying as the car came to a halt. Victoria was able to see the door trembling before the robber would make a break for it, starting to run into the nearby desolate surroundings.

His gun dropped after the hit, he was left running while holding his arm, feeling a dull pain spreading across it. He didn't know how exactly a woman had put a grinding halt to his plan, but...the only thing that mattered was running away. Running away and leaving everything behind him, including the two that would have soon been on his trail. Cops were one thing, but actual Heroes? He couldn't possibly have hoped to get off scot-free without an accomplice, could he?

After a cough slowly made itself heard from the encroaching smoke, Charlotte's voice would reach her ears from a little further down the lane. She sounded almost pained, though given their past exploits, this was nothing to worry about, just a botched robbery they weren't as used to handling as they had been in the early portion of their career.

"Vic? Think you can use those psionic wires on that one guy running away? The police should be here soon enough, so we can just hand him over when they'll be here and call it a day."

"Okay," she simply answered to the advice. Victoria's strength weren't in flying nor was she has durable as other heroes. So she decided to stay a few feet behind Charlotte and the car, hovering above them and observing the situation from above. If she wasn't so stubborn from time to time the tutoring could've been more successful.

Everything happened rather quickly as Victoria overlooked from some distance away. Her ears twitching as the sound of a a planned crash rang through the air just a moment later and the car came to a forced stop, the man running off. Charlotte didn't have to tell her what to do and Victoria had to resist the urge to hiss back at her in the moment. She was a hero just as well and knew what she was doing! Either way little time past before Victoria slammed down in front of the man only for a psionic 'slap' hitting him across the face and before he even could react, lying there on the ground, Victoria had her psionic wires around his legs and arms. An annoyed huff hushing over her lips as she blow a strain of hair out of her face.

Crossing her arms she blonde heroine made her way over to the car and Charlotte. "You know I'm not that much of a lit-- of a newbie that you have to tell me what to do," she said with a light pout. Vaguely pointing over her shoulder with her thumb as she added, "He is tired up and ready for pick up. What about you? Looks like you need a new shirt and a shower," she said with a light chuckle, grinning at her partner. Victoria looked around for a moment, sirens all ready echoing off in the distance. "Get back to our car and go from there?" she wondered, again waiting for Charlotte to lead. In a way she always look at Charlotte for direction, ever since the two met and became friends she looked at the woman to lead, to follow, as much as she hated to admit it.

"Oh, definitely. It was my favorite, though..." She'd add with a sigh. Her hoodie definitely wasn't in top condition, riddled with bullet holes and dirt from the hero duties she had taken part in that day. She would look at the man wiggling only a few dozen metres away and shrug her shoulders. "Sure, let's just move him closer. Your wires are durable enough and the cops are almost here anyways. What a way to start the day off, huh?" The woman would reply in a sarcastic tone and with a grin as she'd hover over to the thief, pick him up and dump him near the wrecked vehicle in a not-so-gentle fashion.

The journey back was rather uneventful, with Charlotte waving at a few cars as they zoomed by, receiving a confused look from the officers sitting in them. They would land near her car, where the brunette proceeded to unzip her hoodie and toss it in the backseat, giving Victoria quite the view as the black tanktop underneath left a noticeable amount of her cleavage exposed. It had gotten loose through the years, and perhaps, the extra weight it had to carry about contributed to it in some fashion. Either way, the two were soon on their way, her friend having put her sunglasses back on as well as some loud as all hell rock music she enjoyed so much.

"Take me down to the paradise city, where the pasture's green and the girls are pretty..." She would look back at the blonde and give her a smile while continuing to hum the tune she always put on during long trips. The hero's tastes definitely fell on older tracks, but she would give into Vic's preferences from time to time, if she was in the right mood.

"Look, there it is." She would point towards the first few houses which formed a small town coasting the bright blue see, warm sunlight shimmering down on it. Her friend would remain silent and slow down a little to admire the sight that was being offered to them. Their destination, Coral Cove, was just within reach. Soon, their new life could start.

"I'll get you a new one for your work today, mm?" She said with a teasing lilt in her tone. Her eyes following Charlotte's gaze to the man wiggling against the restrains. A sigh hushing over her lips as she pressed her hands onto her hips. "What a start indeed. Don't tell me everyday here will be like that," she chuckled with a playful shaking of her head. Hovering behind Charlotte while following to the wrecked car and afterwards back to their own car. Mostly ignoring the confusing looking officers herself.

Victoria couldn't help but to sneak a peak in at Charlotte's exposed cleavage. While it wasn't anything new to see, the two were friends for many years now, it was still a pleasant sight especially after the morning action. Not that she would dare comment on it but she did bit her lower lip before jumping back into the car. Fishing her own sunglasses out of somewhere before putting them on and leaning back into her seat, forced to enjoy Guns 'N' Roses again. Paradise city? More like Welcome to the Jungle with how the day started.

Victoria smiled back at Charlotte while she hummed and enjoyed her music. Victoria's taste was more modern and electronic, a little out there, but she always enjoyed the classic as well. But it was Charlotte's car and what do they say? My car, my music. Or something...

"There it is, mm?" She turned her head lightly to take in the sight of houses coming into view that soon formed a small town. It was a beautiful day ignoring the rather violent start. "A new start..." Vic mumbled to herself as they drove into the town. Coral Cove. She wondered what the town would have in store them.

"That would be really helpful. Wouldn't mind wearing one of your hoodies if you happen to have one to spare, though~" She'd retort Victoria's offer in her sing-songy voice, then kneeled over to the man, a screech leaving his lips as he backed up against the totaled car's front door and closed his eyes. "S-Stay away, d-don't hurt me, please!" It seemed that unlike his friend back at the diner, he wasn't keen on fighting back the Hero. Charlotte, on the other hand, simply laid her index on his lips. "Ssh. You stay here, buddy. Soon, you'll have a nice jail cell to sleep in and forget all about today, hm?" She'd give him a wink and took her friend's hand in hers.

Back in the car, the brunette couldn't help but feel a pair of eyes fixated on her, turning her head sharply to the side, only to see that the other woman had already taken up her previous position against the window. For a moment, she couldn't help but wonder if she had snuck a peek, looking back down only to notice that there was, indeed, very little left to the imagination with her current attire. It wasn't like they had seen each other wearing less before, so she simply shrugged it off.

Coral Cove was...hot. The sun proved to be quite unbearable even for someone who was able to conjure flames out of her own body heat like Charlotte. Soon, droplets of sweat had begun to trail down her neck, temples... and even the target of Victoria's attention, the woman needing to fan herself with the hand that didn't remain on the steering wheel as they made a sharp turn into the Shopping District, filled with townsfolk going about their days and barely paying attention to the vehicle that cruised by them, unaware of who the people sitting in the Mustang were.

"Damn, sure wish we had someone who could cool this place down a little, huh? How are you holding up, Vic?" She'd ask as they stopped at a red light, Charlotte kicking back slightly and leaning into the seat, offering her another brief view if she wished to have access to it. However, the woman only seemed to be concerned with the road ahead, as she should have been. With how much she loved the car, it was no wonder she had become such a good driver as a result. Being able to fly didn't mean she had to neglect other means of transportation and get lazy. It was a flaw that many Heroes experienced in their career, and she would've rather avoided it if it was possible.

"One of mine?" Victoria wondered with a light chuckle. "Maybe you can convince me to give you one of mine~" She would tease Charlotte back before letting her having her little moment with the man. Victoria would stand in the back, brushing a hand through her platinum blond hair. Accepting the offered hand, returning to their car. "Is this place always so busy?" She'd laugh.

Victoria slide back into car, sliding down in her seat and relaxing under the head, her head slightly leaned towards the window, elbow resting on the car door with the window down. She quickly looked away after being caught for sneaking in a peak, a light smirk hushing over her lips as she looked out of the window instead, watching the houses and people rush by. There was little left to the imagination and still her mind was wandering around for a moment. For a moment that is, she forced herself to think about something else and keep her mind out of the gutter.

Coral Cove was just as hot as one would except a town like this and even more so. Victoria had already rolled down the window to get some cool relieve from the wind. Still it was back sweating as soon as car came to a stop, a heavy sigh hushing over her lips. "This weather..."

"I'm okay but damn it is hot." She'd say before whipping away a few droplets of sweat from her forehead. Those green eyes of hers sneaking in another peak as Charlotte leaned back in her seat but quickly focused back on... Something outside. "Sure you still want one of my hoodies with this weather? Maybe just a bikini top?" She asked with a teasing lilt in her tone. Unlike Charlotte, Victoria never really bothered with drive, at least not to the degree of her friend. She knew how to drive and that's about it. Charlotte was the car person of the two. But it was true that many Heroes got lazy in certain regards.

"A bikini top? Hm..." She'd curl her lips in a smile and tap on the steering wheel a few times. "Well, we could go for a swim later today. Our accomodation is, essentially, a beach house. But you shouldn't forget why we have been sent here in the first place." She'd get more serious now that she had to remind her colleague of their purpose. And it was a grim one, at that.

"The crime rate in Coral Cove has began to ramp up at a worrying rate. Of course, this isn't a new phenomenon, but...Villains have been sighted and, according to the higher-ups, they have established a base of operations somewhere in town. We need to take care of this before it gets out of hand. Think about what could happen if they didn't limit themselves to this quaint little place, and instead spread out throughout the rest of the country. Think of just how dangerous it'd be to fight them off in densely-populated areas."

With the light turning green, they were free to go. It didn't take too long for the view to turn much more pleasant when compared to the tourist trap they had drove into at first glance. The cool breeze that blew in from the sea helped make things much more bearable.

"We're here." Charlotte would say as she stopped in a small, reserved parking lot that overlooked one of the most luxurious houses the both of them had probably seen. Painted white, with wooden passageways, not to mention the absolutely killer placement of it. They could see the sparkling blue water of the ocean washing over the golden sand.

"They really went all out, didn't they?" The Hero would say, scratching her head as she sought the blonde's approval. She could tell that it wouldn't have been as boring of a stay as she had initially thought, at least.

Back
Top Bottom