Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

[Interest Check] Enigma United- Supernatural mystery group RP.

Enigma United
Throughout history, every culture has creatures and otherworldly beings. Sure we as a modern society shove them off as mythology or just superstitions. But what if they were real? What if everything you know about the world was just a construct to hide the truth about these Enigmas. The X-files, Supernatural all those television shows got some things right and some things wrong. But they were made to make people less frightened of them. Even if it doesn't work, the more we introduce you to these monsters, the less likely you will freak out when you see one. The easier it is when we tell you it is just something you made up in your mind to cope with your encounter’s tragedy.

Enigma United started in 11th century England when a journal entry from a knight provoked more interest in paranormal beings. Since then, Enigma had handed and gotten rid of some of the prejudices from the old times when creatures were less understood. Now we specialize in dealing with all manner of paranormal events. Demonic possessions, hauntings. Mysterious creatures, strange murderers or disappearances. We explore it all; well, our investigators do all the leg work. But it is all done in secrecy. However, there will always be conspiracy theorists. We cannot confirm or Deny that the political leaders are lizard people from space. But you might find something in the HQ library filled with all kinds of books on mythological creatures, magic spells and more.

Our existence is mainly unknown outside the United Nations; Enigma agents only show up in the most peculiar reports. Though most of their investigations come from the governments, they are known to take on personal cases. Enigma United has existed for nearly a millennium, having originated in the 11th century of Britain. They have established branches all over the world today. Their mission is to maintain the balance between the supernatural and human societies. There are three levels of hierarchy in Enigma United. The highest level is also known as corporate. It is historically called the Inner Circle, consisting of seven members that vote on whether or not a case is strange enough to involve the special agents known as investigators. The second level of Enigma is known as Handlers. There is a Handler for every country, state and province across the world. The handlers take in reports from other government agencies, picking and choosing those with strange or supernatural circumstances. The cases, once given the okay from corporate, are assigned to Investigators. The investigators or hunters work in pairs. Their authority transcends that of the highest forms of government, and they do not ever let anyone outside Enigma United investigate further once they have taken over.

The primary location of this RP will be the Salem, Massachusetts HQ. Though you may have a character from any branch across the world, there may be cases that take Enigma agents across the borders. There will be discussions for potential claims; not every cryptid will be killed, and not every investigator will survive. On a side note, investigators do not have to be human, but they have to have a human disguise. Every week or so, there will be a pool to select a case; if there are more than one investigators the more cases can be done simultaneously. However, there will be extreme cases where they will need 2 to 4 investigators. Players can make any type of character they wish to in the world Agents will have lives outside of Enigma United and the world isn’t empty. However if you want to take part in the investigations. Or be a human aware of the supernatural would a player would have to list that for their characters.

Journal entry from Sir Sigfried Enigmas, 11th century.

I have seen the devil’s face, many claimed to have seen or have known the devil they speak rubbish… I have looked evil in the face and seen the depths of the abyss. I have been investigating a village after the disappearance of children near a bridge that lead to the forest. Most of them were always alone. I have spent three days in the village after speaking with the friends of the missing children at midnight I went to the bridge. When I arrived the stench of death was so unbearable I nearly vomited. I have never smelt anything so putrid. As I got closer to the bridge I could hear a voice speaking. That night I met Winston. A fouler creature than any I have ever laid eyes upon. I walked under the bridge with my torch approaching the voice I heard with a grotesque gurgle. Its skin was grey and pealing it was hunched over the body a young girl I was too late to save. Lord forgive me… I faltered in my step and its face… Dear god that hideous face. I am sad to say I did not slay Winston, I am not sure if he… It is really even alive. We must find a group of talented individuals who are adept with the supernatural and the occult and have them investigate these enigmas.

Last edited:
Concerned about the working in pairs. Will we only really be interacting with partner and NPCs?

Concerned about the working in pairs. Will we only really be interacting with partner and NPCs?
Well, what might end up happening until there are more players is either a group of investigators or some solos. But my plan is to have at least two players to each pairing of investigators. So you won't be assigned an NPC to be your partner. Also, there are characters who can be made that exist outside of Enigma that can be made. They can be human or supernatural, though if a player wanted their character to take part in investigations outside of being say a victim/Villain or a witness they would have to be somehow involved with Enigma United. But rest assured players can make any type of character within the setting of the RP.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom