Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Would it be possible to change the background color of an entire post?

aeline

๐’Ÿ๐’ถ๐“Ž๐’น๐“‡๐‘’๐’ถ๐“‚๐‘’๐“‡
Supporter
I might be the only one preferring the light version of the site, as I like to design/write/code on a white background. And when I do, my posts look flawless. However, others see them as a complete mess.

I've discovered that uncolored text shows up as black on the white background and white on the blue background. This is great, actually. At least until you start using the background color to make signs/letters invisible.... I wish there was a hex code for invisible, but even if there is, I don't know of it.

So, would it be possible to add a function that allowed you to choose the background of a single post? The entire post's background. It can be as simple as white or blue.

Now, I understand that this can get messy pretty fast, and that people might find it annoying to suddenly spot white posts within a sea of blue. However, it's ONLY needed on posts with heavy coding, so for regular text posts you wouldn't really need to choose a background color.

For us who use the light version (and perhaps the blue as well), I must admit that it's extremely annoying to see our lovely posts turn into a mess once we change the theme to blue. And I believe the majority of the members here use the default version, so I guess a lot of them are thinking "What the heck has she been doing?" when they see my threads/posts.

I'm not a coding expert per se, so I don't know if this is an easy fix or something that isn't possible at all.

It would at least be very helpful in these sections, as many posts posted here are heavily manipulated:
- The Welcoming Center
- Request Threads
- Journals, apologies and absences

Thanks for the attention!

Someone better versed in coding might offer better assistance, but...

Code:
[opacity=0]
will render any bit of text in the code segment ...well, Invisible on the page. Not quite what you're looking for, but it may help.

Someone better versed in coding might offer better assistance, but...

Code:
[opacity=0]
will render any bit of text in the code segment ...well, Invisible on the page. Not quite what you're looking for, but it may help.
OH!! Let me try that and see how it looks!

Oh myyy, it worked, thank you so much!

If it helps, the default setting for the text color will switch from black to white according to the theme being used. If you go and reset the default to white or black, it won't change.

OH!! Let me try that and see how it looks!

Oh myyy, it worked, thank you so much!
You're welcome! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
That and lots of other things can be found Here.

Back
Top Bottom