Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Group Game in Gangster's Paradise (Open to 3-4)

I want to start off by thanking all the partners I've had in Haven City so far who have given my the confidence and support to post this. I've had some bad experiences with group games in the past, and haven't really touched them in years. But, like I said, they convinced me that there might be some opportunities for group games in this setting that I've created for doing crime roles. A lot of this post is going to be detailing things and ideas, but I hope no one is scared away by them. As a quick clarification, I'm not thinking of any system for this, I've got plenty of experience around a table for games but no experience doing a system online and I can't even begin wrapping my head around that.

My World: I would like you to think of what I've created so far for the world as me painting the walls of the toy room, and bringing in some of my toys and inviting you all to enjoy it and create fun games within it. Every person I play in this world with helps change it up and expand it; and every person plays in a slightly different version of that world. It's a lot more flexible than it looks, and I know it can look pretty inflexible and daunting, so please if you're interested but those are your concerns. Feel free to message me and I'll try to alleviate them. This whole setting started because I spent most of 2020 watching crime dramas and it got to the point where I created this whole setting for doing crime related roles and exploring those themes. Here is the link to my world building post so you can get a slight taste of the setting. Haven City: A Gangster's Paradise

My Idea: While I did say that my setting is more flexible than it looks, I decided that the best way to explore the setting with a group of people would be to look at a different part that I hadn't explored as much. That is the life of stick-up artists. Now since I don't expect many of you to know what a stick-up artist is, I'm going to let Omar Little from the Wire to explain it to you. If you don't feel like watching a three minute video or for some reason can't watch it right now, a brief summary: our characters would be people who for one reason or another have come to the conclusion "You know what would improve my life? Robbing drug dealers." and then went out and did just that. They're outcasts, constantly on the move, living in vacant houses and abandoned buildings, hiding out from the drug dealers that chase them to retaliate and plotting their next heists. This way, there would be effectively no limits to the type of characters you could make, race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexuality etc.

The Plot: In its simplest form, our characters would be 4-5 people who come together to survive and rob drug dealers together. More nuance can be added after character creation.

Your Characters: As I mentioned, any race, ethnicity, identity etc. is available as an option, in fact it's probably more likely that one would get to that desperate outcast place if they were somehow unacceptable in their home area. Again if you have any questions about character creation feel free to message me. I'll have a format below that you can use for your characters. I would prefer that everyone use a real life FC, but just a description works as well. (sorry for people who like drawn FC's they are great for their own areas, but I don't feel they fit here.

My Character:

[size=24pt]Franko 'Frank the Tank' Pasqaule [/size]​
"Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lsoe" -Janice Joplin
iu

Nickname: Frank, Frank the Tank

Gang Affiliation: None, Formerly Di Capri Family

Sexuality: Straight

Height:5'11"

Weight: 185lbs

Hair Color: Black

Eye Color: Brown

Body Type: Muscular

Tattoos: Crossed out L.C.N. on right bicep, Anarchy A over his left pec, black sword on back, 2:29:04 on right pec,

Criminal record: possession of a deadly weapon, reckless endangerment, public intoxication, discharge of a weapon in city limits, suspected in over forty homicides over the last thirty years, loitering, vagrancy.

Born 5 April 1974, in the Italian community of Venice the Haven City that Frank grew up in was different from the Haven City that he became a man in. Save for some cocaine dealing Los Vagos the city was at peace. For fifteen years he grew up thinking that his father was a simple manager at a limoncello distillery. In his sixteenth year he was driving his father and his father's friends around so that they could get out of the car and kill Russians or Triad men. By the time he turned eighteen he was pulling the trigger himself. Frank had his bones made by the time he was nineteen and had made a name for himself on the Street by the time he was twenty-one.

For over a decade he was indispensable to the Di Capri Family, one of their best soldiers and on the fast track to becoming a capo. Good soldiers were hard to come by during the Haven City War, always being replaced. Save for a short stint in the County jail, and a few visits to the hospital, Frank kept himself in the fight the whole war through. Come 2003 though, there was less of a need for soldiers since the War had ended and the Peace was on. Old rivalries still existed though, and the Peace wasn't perfect in the beginning. Some of those rivalries came for Frank, only Frank had gotten him a wife and a daughter. Emilia and Molly. And when the triggermen came to take their shot, they didn't take their best. Emilia and Moly died, but so did the triggermen.

Wounded, alone, and feeling betrayed for being denied vengeance, Frank left the Di Capri Family; and having nothing to lose he became a stick-up man. Robbing drug dealers as a way to get his revenge at the world, but also searching for a way to end up dead in an acceptable fashion. Fifteen years of sticking guns in the faces of the most dangerous men in the city and still no one has been able to step up and get the job done. Frank lives alone, but occasionally attracts others with nothing else to lose into his style of life on the Street. it takes a special kind of person to survive long as a stick-up artist though.

Name:
Nickname:
Sexuality
Gang Affiliation:
Weight:
Hair Color:
Eye Color:
Body Type:
Tattoos:
Criminal record:
Backstory: (doesn't need to be as long as mine.)

So let me know what you think.

Back
Top Bottom