Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Nights at the Garrison [Superhero, 1x1, Mutants and Masterminds 3e]

It is 1985 and Garrison City needs a hero! Resting against scenic Cape May, New Jersey, Garrison City is one of the largest cities in the country and is well-known for its beachfront properties and cultural scene. Much like its sister city New York, Garrison City has been under the watch of a group of heroes, colloquially called Masks, since the end of WW2. This group of Masks is known as The Vanguard and their five heroes have dutifully served the city since their founding two began in the 1950's. It wasn't until last month, however, that the need for new blood became evident when Golden Patriot was hospitalized in a highly publicized battle against a newcomer to the scene and the rest of The Vanguard disappeared without a trace. Though the public outpouring of support was immense for his decades of service, and concern for his comrades was at an all time high, crime doesn't rest. That is where you come in.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Introduction: Thanks for reading my quick little introductory blurb. As stated, you will be taking the role of a relative newcomer to the main stage of Garrison City. Perhaps you are the ward and long-time sidekick of one of The Vanguard's members ready to make their debut, perhaps you are an outsider hero from somewhere else in the country who saw this as a chance to rise up, perhaps a reformed villain? You could even be a newcomer with a completely foreign origin who makes their appearance and seizes the spotlight. We can discuss all of that.

Mood/Theme: In Nights at the Garrison your character will be on the younger side, largely inexperienced and without too much in the way of a heroic past. Perhaps you were a hero elsewhere, but in the Big City you don't have any rep of your own and any grudges against you would be as a result of your association to one of the members of The Vanguard. Thematically, this is very much a "Batman: Year One" style of story; you're a new hero looking to cut their teeth in a city that has fallen into the clutches of corruption and crime.

The Game: I will be running this in Mutants and Masterminds 3e, a proper bitch of a system in which to build a character if you're inexperienced or unguided, but exceptionally easy to play. I, fortunately, am very experienced at running and building characters in Mutants and Masterminds and will be there to help build with you every step of the way.

You: I'm looking for currently a single player, a female and one who preferrably is able to do regular sessions of decent length. Lit to adv lit if we're using the parlance of this site, but in general if you can produce 2-5 meangingful paragraphs for your responses and are interested in the story (I'll make sure to do my best to hook you!) then we'll get along just fine! If you aren't experienced with tabletops, that's perfectly fine so long as you're comfortable with the idea of actually playing the game underneath the RP. Of course, this being what it is, smut will be involved (the life of a superheroine is very thrilling after all) and we'll be talking about specifics as far as kinks and the like once we make contact. I am looking to run this on Discord and will keep it there as much as possible, only going to Roll20 if we're in a particularly hectic scene. I'd love to find someone I have a good rapport with, so I'll be chatting with any interested parties. If I'm absolutely swamped with interest, which I highly doubt, I could maybe consider a group game, but due to the availability and scheduling problems inherent with larger groups, keeping this one on one allows for more frequent play and longer sessions.

Me: I've been tabletop roleplaying for about 18 years and GM'ing for nearly all of that. I've been doing freeform RP for about 15 years. I'm quite competently written and detail oriented. As a GM nothing makes me happier than tying your character's backstory and decisions to the world and having it grow and react to you. If you would like to apply or have any questions message here or PM me. Thanks for reading!

I’m afraid your profile is locked down, but I’m interested, familiar with M&M3 and it’s bucket o’ points chargen.

I’m curious as to the tone you’re looking for. Batman Year One I get, but are you looking for Batgirl in Peril with erotic deathtraps, a superheroine trying to balance her personal/romantic life with superheroing, a melodrama involving forbidden love between hero and villain, ugly gang rape of a naive hero? There’s lots of different smutty angles, and it’s important to get a shared understanding of such things.

Ah, thanks for catching that. I opened PM's back up.

I was more imagining a mix between scenarios two and three. The general idea would be the player is the central character of the story and I play everyone else rather than a dedicated "GMPC" or anything like that. Of course, if the player were to form a strong relationship/preference with a suitable character I could see perhaps a GMPC forming as a permanent addition, but I was more envisioning the female lead having the run of the city and building up her relationships over the course of the story.

She could fall in with another character for a time, fall apart, find a new guy, etc etc. Basically, I'm trying to emulate the overall feeling of a superhero's romantic escapades alongside their adventures. Heroes fall in and out of love all the time, after all, and love ones can always be great dramatic hooks. You do bring up a good point, though, I'm not probably looking to have this be a smut-focused world, but rather a superhero adventure with smut as an appropriate serving.

Does that make sense? Thank you for asking.

Back
Top Bottom