Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Can I block someone from posting in my thread?

Captain

Tell me what you desire
Hello,
This question would be for a moderator.
I am curious, can I block someone from posting in my thread?
If so, could you please tell me how.
C

But also, no one should be posting in your Request Thread-- just not sure what thread you meant in particular.

but I think using the 'ignore' feature makes it impossible for them to see or interact with your content.
Not unless the ignore feature has been updated recently? The way it has worked in my experience is one sided. You ignore someone and it hides their content from your view, not the other way around. They cannot start private conversations with you, but an ignored user can still post on your profile, quote you, and post in threads you've started.

Not unless the ignore feature has been updated recently? The way it has worked in my experience is one sided. You ignore someone and it hides their content from your view, not the other way around. They cannot start private conversations with you, but an ignored user can still post on your profile, quote you, and post in threads you've started.
That seems... kind of useless. I don't mean to criticize how things are run, but why not have it work both ways? Is there some specific reasoning why it's so one-sided?

No. Ignored people can even still post on your profile. You just won't get a notification, and everyone else can see it.

I don't think I even see the posts of those I've ignored unless they are quoted by someone else. Then it asks if I want to see what they wrote. Which is usually no. lol.

I think Captain means on his journal and not his request thread. It would be a nice feature to be able to block people other than yourself from posting on your journal, or certain people if somebody is causing issues but I think they are fair game.

To OP,

Your best bet in this scenario would be to find a calm, polite way to let the person in question know that you no longer wish for them to participate in your thread. If the problem persists, as Solo stated, Staff would be happy to mediate the problem on your behalf, should other methods prove ineffective.

Back
Top Bottom