Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Issue Did something happen to a recently-joined user?

captain_bond

"Last rat standing."
Withdrawn
Hello. A user recently joined BMR, and I began a PM conversation with them that grew to include one other. The first user is now, from my perspective, devoid of either PFP, posts or activity, yet I do not believe this is normal, even if they somehow ignored me. Plus if I had angered them in some way they would have left the conversation; if they had left the site the PM thread would have been down to two people, so this looks to me to be a technical issue.

They may have removed the pfp and hidden their activity. I can’t say one way or another if they are ghosting, but they don’t have to leave the convo or block you, they could just ignore it. However, things might have come up and it might be best to be patient. ^^

I don’t ever leave convos as an example and my activity is hidden. Members can also hide their online status.

They may have deleted their messages. It is an option available to all members.

Yes, perhaps they decided that the site wasn’t for them, or they didn’t realize that deletion of their messages would make them grey again.

Never heard of a bug like that, I would just honestly assume they deleted stuff and left the site. Without knowing more about it can't be sure but I wouldn't advise posting that info here either. People ghost, people leave, sucks but all you can do is move on.

Exactly what Solo said.
I have seen in the past that some users vanish because of security breaches and reasoning, or for their own protection.

I, personally, have done this. I had to abandon a previous account because a real-life stalker managed to find my credentials and started extracting information from my BMR account.
I also had to create a new account once because my ex hacked into mine (it's a long story).

It sounds crazy, but sometimes these things do happen and there's not much that can be done but wait patiently for the user to resurface (when and if they do).

Back
Top Bottom